PDA

View Full Version : Official Lookouts and Sarasota rosters posted

JaxRed
04-04-2006, 01:11 PM
Didn't see this posted yet.

Sarasota - http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=t_ros&cid=535&stn=true&sid=t535

Chattanooga (says 2005 but is 2006)

http://www.lookouts.com/team/players.asp

Noochie is back

Doc. Scott
04-04-2006, 01:24 PM
Dayton's roster is up at www.daytondragons.com, click "Team Roster".

The only one that doesn't appear final is the Bats.

rdiersin
04-04-2006, 01:27 PM
Wonder where Jeff Stevens will be going, since he isn't in those rosters.

Heath
04-04-2006, 01:27 PM
My boys are going to miss Jeremiah Piepkorn in Dayton. Tonys Guiterrez is a stud. Phil Gentry's built like a rock. Sarasota's gonna have fun.

OnBaseMachine
04-04-2006, 01:36 PM
Wonder where Jeff Stevens will be going, since he isn't in those rosters.

Good question. He's missing from the Dayton, Sarasota, and Chattanooga rosters. And they wouldn't bump him all the way up to Louisiville. Extended spring training possibly?

It appears that Thomas Pauly and Richie Gardner will begin the season in extended spring training.

M2
04-04-2006, 01:38 PM
Sarasota is, by far, the most interesting club in the Reds' system.

No Jeff Stevens anywhere is a bummer. And where is Chris Dickerson? Is he going to AAA?

lollipopcurve
04-04-2006, 02:11 PM

I'll grant you that any team with Homer is going to be a focus. And I'm a big Lecure fan. But I like that young pitching staff at Dayton. Very interested to see how Young and Valiquette fare -- and I expect Wood to have success there.

Dickerson in AAA would be nice -- perhaps a late addition following Denorfia's call-up.

Doc. Scott
04-04-2006, 02:28 PM

No Jeff Stevens anywhere is a bummer. And where is Chris Dickerson? Is he going to AAA?

He might just be, given that he probably caught some notice by playing really well in several big-league spring games. I don't necessarily think he's ready for a two-level jump, though. Chattanooga would be more like it.

This year's FSL club is older than last year's. Still a bunch of leftovers like Habelito Hernandez, Luis Bolivar, and Phil Gentry hanging around. Plus the Dayton graduates (Piepkorn, Lawhorn, Strait, Key, Anderson, etc.) didn't exactly light up the hitter-friendly Midwest League. I have a feeling we'll be seeing the same anemic offense here as we did in 2005, and not just because of the air.

TRF
04-04-2006, 02:44 PM
I'm a LeCure fan too, but I'm a bigger Pelland fan, so my eyes are on the Chatt. roster. I kinda like the starting staff. Dumatrait repeating is odd though, and I'd have preferred Pelland repeat at Sarasota.

OnBaseMachine
04-04-2006, 02:57 PM
I'll be interested in seeing how Jay Bruce hits in Dayton this year. I'm hoping for a year similar to what Dunn and Kearns did there in 2000. Szymanski is another I will be keeping an eye on.

The pitching staff could be fun to watch. Will Travis Wood continue to dominate minor league hitters? How will Zach Ward fare in his pro debut? Can Valiquette and Terrell Young put it together? Johnny Cueto is an interesting kid to watch. Apparently the Reds are pretty high on him, although to tell you the truth, I don't know much on him.

I'm also interested in seeing how Adam Rosales plays this year. If he can repeat his performance from last year then the Reds could have themselves a big time middle infield prospect.

After pitching very well with the big boys in spring training, Homer Bailey will be expected to dominate the Florida State League.

rdiersin
04-04-2006, 03:13 PM
Good question. He's missing from the Dayton, Sarasota, and Chattanooga rosters. And they wouldn't bump him all the way up to Louisiville. Extended spring training possibly?

It appears that Thomas Pauly and Richie Gardner will begin the season in extended spring training.

Yea that's what I figured too. I think Pauly and Gardner are on the Chattanooga roster. If you go to www.minorleaguebaseball.com they are listed on the lookouts roster. I guess that doesn't mean they won't be in extended ST, IIRC Pauly was on the roster last spring but was in extended ST.

rdiersin
04-04-2006, 03:15 PM
I'm a LeCure fan too, but I'm a bigger Pelland fan, so my eyes are on the Chatt. roster. I kinda like the starting staff. Dumatrait repeating is odd though, and I'd have preferred Pelland repeat at Sarasota.

It doesn't seem too odd when you look at his K/9, BB/9, and K/BB. But why that isn't applied to Pelland, I don't know. Maybe Johnny Almaraz knows. He made an appearance on RZ the other day didn't he? :)

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44448&page=2

Doc. Scott
04-04-2006, 04:17 PM
It doesn't seem too odd when you look at his K/9, BB/9, and K/BB. But why that isn't applied to Pelland, I don't know. Maybe Johnny Almaraz knows. He made an appearance on RZ the other day didn't he? :)

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44448&page=2

He just doesn't have the rep points yet, especially since M2 lowered the hammer on his score. At this point, he'll have about as many rep points as Chris Gruler will innings this season.

M2
04-04-2006, 04:40 PM
He just doesn't have the rep points yet, especially since M2 lowered the hammer on his score. At this point, he'll have about as many rep points as Chris Gruler will innings this season.

Heck, I haven't even negged him yet, but I should diss him a bit.

Falls City Beer
04-04-2006, 05:39 PM
That JAlmarez is settling in nicely. But like clockwork, he'll come unglued. Why is that? Why can't guys like him just remain labile and mildly hostile?

Doc. Scott
04-04-2006, 07:02 PM
That JAlmarez is settling in nicely. But like clockwork, he'll come unglued. Why is that? Why can't guys like him just remain labile and mildly hostile?

Well, in another 186 rep points, he might be able to tell us. As for now, he's still in the, uh, minor leagues.

medford
04-04-2006, 07:32 PM
I asked this before but did not get a response, probably b/c nobody knows. So I'll try it on this board, and see if anyone knows the answer my question: Does anyone know where Justin Mallett will be playing this season? Don't know why but he caught my fancy when he pitched for the dragons. A late blooming tall righty that doesn't project to much in the majors (at least not that I've read) However he put up solid numbers at Dayton, then again last season in Sarasota before moving up to Chattanoga to finish the year.

Thanks in advance.

Doc. Scott
04-04-2006, 07:36 PM
I asked this before but did not get a response, probably b/c nobody knows. So I'll try it on this board, and see if anyone knows the answer my question: Does anyone know where Justin Mallett will be playing this season? Don't know why but he caught my fancy when he pitched for the dragons. A late blooming tall righty that doesn't project to much in the majors (at least not that I've read) However he put up solid numbers at Dayton, then again last season in Sarasota before moving up to Chattanoga to finish the year.

Thanks in advance.

So that makes two pitchers unaccounted for along with Stevens. Hmmm.

Redmachine2003
04-04-2006, 08:00 PM
I haven't seen Wirfin Obispo yet either. Hopefully Gonzo will get back.

MikeS21
04-04-2006, 11:28 PM
Didn't I read that the Reds released Mark Schramek a few months ago? What is he doing on Sarasota's roster?

Doc. Scott
04-05-2006, 01:45 AM
Didn't I read that the Reds released Mark Schramek a few months ago? What is he doing on Sarasota's roster?

Nobody else knows either, not even Johnny Almaraz himself.

KronoRed
04-05-2006, 02:23 AM
Ghost in the system?

TRF
04-05-2006, 09:17 AM
I thought Mallet went to Japan. Or was that Myette?

OnBaseMachine
04-05-2006, 12:25 PM
I thought Mallet went to Japan. Or was that Myette?

That was Aaron Myette.

OnBaseMachine
04-05-2006, 04:39 PM
Chris Dickerson is with Chattanooga - he hit a grand slam against Chattanooga State yesterday in an exhibition game. I have no clue why the roster doesn't have him listed on the team.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_83221.asp?imgID=14228