04-04-2006, 08:16 PM
no April fools either.

The hugger touches em all:D

KronoRed
04-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Power thy name is Casey.

Super_Barry11
04-04-2006, 08:19 PM
Thank goodness for mlb.tv!! I plan to watch Casey play as much as I can this season... GO SEAN!!! :) :thumbup:

IowaRed
04-04-2006, 08:51 PM
Just flipped the game on in time to see it. With Boone's big day and now Casey, it's a small but nice consolation after yesterday

Newman4
04-04-2006, 09:32 PM
Had to keep up with the Hattebergs I guess.

remdog
04-04-2006, 09:33 PM
'Casey goes...' was the only important part of that post.

Rem

TeamBoone
04-05-2006, 12:21 AM
Good for him! You go, Case.

CincyRedsFan30
04-05-2006, 12:28 AM
Sean is sporting a .250 OBP and .750 OPS right now. :) History shows that is likely the opposite of the way everything will shake out for him by the end of the sesaon.

Wheelhouse
04-05-2006, 01:32 AM
Heh. SABR analysis after one game. I'm surprised you watch the games after the computer forecasted the Reds would win 72 games. I thought your season was over. Let the rep point deductions begin...

Caveat Emperor
04-05-2006, 02:13 AM
Heh. SABR analysis after one game. I'm surprised you watch the games after the computer forecasted the Reds would win 72 games. I thought your season was over. Let the rep point deductions begin...

What? Like you've never paid to see a James Bond movie before even though you already know that, somehow, a rogue British secret service is going to save the world? :evil:

Ron Madden
04-05-2006, 04:53 AM

I always thought every"baseball fan" watched as many games as possible.

The casual fan loves the game in his/her own way and cannot understand how "stat geeks" could possibly love the game or a team as much as they do themselves.

I'm an old man just begining to learn there are better ways to admire a players talent than the numbers printed on the back of the bubble gum cards I once collected.

My advice to you is to keep an open mind.

If you truly love the game it's only natural for you to want to learn everything you can in order to better understand and appreciate everything about it.

TeamCasey
04-05-2006, 07:28 AM

Rem

Ummm .... he was traded back in December.

I can't get over the Casey bashing that's still going on. Talk about beating a dead horse.

Caveman Techie
04-05-2006, 07:54 AM

Rem

Kind of harsh don't you think? I know it is considered par for the board to take a personal dis-like to a player, but geez he's gone let it go. Trust me you'll be happier and healthier for it. :)

KittyDuran
04-05-2006, 08:17 AM
Kind of harsh don't you think? I know it is considered par for the board to take a personal dis-like to a player, but geez he's gone let it go. Trust me you'll be happier and healthier for it. :)But he's not gone judging by this thread and a few others...

cumberlandreds
04-05-2006, 08:28 AM
But the big question is, has he hit into any Caseys yet? ;)

remdog
04-05-2006, 08:35 AM
Kind of harsh don't you think? I know it is considered par for the board to take a personal dis-like to a player, but geez he's gone let it go. Trust me you'll be happier and healthier for it. :)

Harsh? No.

Personal dislike? No. Personally, I like Casey. But, it was time for the Reds to go in another direction.

Let it go? I didn't start this thread. Perhaps that's the person that you should be directing that comment towards.

Trust you? Why? I have no idea who you are.

Happier and healthier? I'm the happiest person I've ever met and I'm so healthy that my company begs me to take some sick days so they can get them off of their books.

But, thanks for giving me one more thing to be happy about this morning. :)

Rem

Rex Argos
04-05-2006, 08:36 AM
Who puts up the better numbers this year--Casey or Hatt? Let the prognostication begin!

KronoRed
04-05-2006, 02:34 PM
Even.

Rich outhomers em both.

Doc. Scott
04-05-2006, 03:17 PM
But the big question is, has he hit into any Caseys yet? ;)

Yes, he has. One in each of the first two games. Out of seven balls he's hit, it's five flies and two grounders. Both GBs became his namesakes.

RichRed
04-05-2006, 03:56 PM
Who puts up the better numbers this year--Casey or Hatt? Let the prognostication begin!

If we're talking hugs, it's Casey, no contest.

Rex Argos
04-05-2006, 06:50 PM
HOPS= Hugs + On Base Pct. + Slugging Percentage

TeamBoone
04-05-2006, 07:11 PM
I'm glad for Casey. And I hope he does well in Pittsburgh.

Ron Madden
04-06-2006, 02:46 AM
I'm glad for Casey. And I hope he does well in Pittsburgh.

Ditto,

Never meant to bash Sean in any way with my reply.

Topcat
04-06-2006, 03:09 AM
An 8 million dollar first baseman with no power is a detriment to any team. Yes I know Hatte is playing 1B for the reds, atleast he is a short term alternative and a far more affordable cost. As for the stat geeks(any source one can learn from) is not a bad thing.

As a fan sure I can be beaten to death by stats, but there is knowledge to be looked at objectivly.