PDA

View Full Version : Casey gets his first homer of season tonight

FlyingPig
04-04-2006, 09:31 PM
Of course he will probably hit 45 of em this season...

:rolleyes:

max venable
04-04-2006, 09:57 PM
Anybody else hear Cast on the radio say that they're leaving the door open for Casey to return next year? And that indications are that he'd like to. Apparently, he's not going to sell his home in Cinicnnati.

Interesting.

remdog
04-04-2006, 10:01 PM
Anybody else hear Cast on the radio say that they're leaving the door open for Casey to return next year? And that indications are that he'd like to. Apparently, he's not going to sell his home in Cinicnnati.

Interesting.

Please....NO!

Move Dunn to first by the All-Star break and be done with it!

Then, move Jr. to LF and get a gunuine CF.

Or, if you don't like that scenario, move Jr. to first and still go get a genuine CF.

But please, Sean's a great guy, but he shouldn't be playing 1st base in Cincinnati. Live in the present, not in the past.

Rem

Heath
04-04-2006, 10:34 PM
Please....NO!

Move Dunn to first by the All-Star break and be done with it!

Then, move Jr. to LF and get a gunuine CF.

Or, if you don't like that scenario, move Jr. to first and still go get a genuine CF.

But please, Sean's a great guy, but he shouldn't be playing 1st base in Cincinnati. Live in the present, not in the past.

Rem

Rem, I'm going to turn off my computer for a self-exhiled one day vacation, because the improbable just happened.

I agree with you.

I'll see you all about 10pm Wednesday night.

:wave:

KronoRed
04-04-2006, 11:30 PM
Sure, let's bring him back..and Boone (Bret Bob Matt and Aaron) too.

We'll lose 100 games but it'll be GREAT

;)

RBA
04-04-2006, 11:35 PM

;)

Don't forget Bob for good measure. :beerme: And Joe Nuxhall doing the pbp. :help:

edit: I didn't see you already had Bob. Try a "," next time to seperate names. ;)

WVPacman
04-05-2006, 12:05 AM

;)

Bud if we stay on the same track like the last four years then I say we will lose 100 games anyways:bang: So I say bring Casey back so he can play for the reds.:thumbup:

04-05-2006, 12:17 AM
Maybe Hatteburg will rent Casey's Cincinnati home. He has Casey's number, and hits left and throws right like Casey. If he was a bit bigger the Reds might have recycled some of Casey's gear, too.

Johnny Footstool
04-05-2006, 12:19 AM
If he likes Cincinnati that much, let him sign a contract for $500K per year.

MWM
04-05-2006, 12:21 AM
Heck, if Casey came back at a low price and was used in the 6 hole, I don't think it would be a bad signing (that's assuming they aren't going to move Dunn to 1B).

WVPacman
04-05-2006, 12:29 AM
Heck, if Casey came back at a low price and was used in the 6 hole, I don't think it would be a bad signing (that's assuming they aren't going to move Dunn to 1B).

Exactly!!!

The thing that I can't figure out is that they said the reason they traded Casey was to get Dunn to move to first.Now that Casey is gone Dunn is still in left coughing up fly balls and they went out and got Hatenberg.Whats the deal??

Gainesville Red
04-05-2006, 12:36 AM
If he likes Cincinnati that much, let him sign a contract for $500K per year.

I think everyone probably learned the Bronson Arroyo lesson, but if not I'm sure Kriv could find someone to take him off our hands every year at the allstar break. Casey could be a gift to Cincy that kept giving.

KronoRed
04-05-2006, 02:24 AM
Try a "," next time to seperate names. ;)
English major :p:

GAC
04-05-2006, 05:26 AM

I agree with you 100% there Mike. I just don't think he would turn out to be a solid 1Bman. Nor do I think he would like it, or feel comfortable there.

And Hatteburg's was a 3 run homer. :mooner:

MrCinatit
04-05-2006, 07:24 AM
At least Casey got his first homer before Williams gave up his first homer.

TeamCasey
04-05-2006, 07:30 AM

;)

Thanks, man.

MattyHo4Life
04-05-2006, 08:02 AM

Interesting.

I don't understand why Casey would ever want to play for the Reds again. All that was talked about the last few years was how he was overpaid, and should be traded. I personally think that this is a trade that the Reds will regret, but we'll see what happens.

deltachi8
04-05-2006, 09:55 AM
Don't look back, keep moving on.

Dunn or Griffey should be at 1b now, much less next year. as far as the owner saying the door is open...well, what is he suppose to say? Casey was one of the most popular players in recent reds history. Its just a nice thing to say and I wouldn't read anything into it.

Then again, Tony Womack is on the roster...

max venable
04-05-2006, 11:17 AM
Maybe Hatteburg will rent Casey's Cincinnati home. He has Casey's number, and hits left and throws right like Casey. If he was a bit bigger the Reds might have recycled some of Casey's gear, too.
At least Hatteberg doesn't take as long as Casey does in between pitches. :D Looks like Hattebergs batting gloves fit better than Casey's did.

KronoRed
04-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Thanks, man.
I've angered the TC

My life is forfeit :runawaycr

TeamCasey
04-06-2006, 06:16 AM
I've angered the TC

My life is forfeit :runawaycr

http://images.lowes.com/general/d/doghouse.jpg

;)

KronoRed