SP- B. Myers
SP- E. Bedard
RP- B. Ryan
RP- T. Gordon
P- C. Ray
P- M. Gonzalez
BN- J. Bonderman
BN- K. Escobar

I have two bench pitchers now. Bonderman is in my lineup today, but he's my 5th SP. Escobar is my 6th. I want to keep all 4 RP's. I'd like to pick up Curtis Granderson, who is having a good start to the year, and I think he could help me long term, but am not sure if I want to drop Escobar to pick him up. What do you guys think?

Here are our scoring categories for hitters / pitchers:

R, H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG, OBP, SLG, OPS.

IP, W, L, SV, R, HR, BB, K, ERA, K/9

Need help soon as I'm afraid Granderson could be plucked off the waiver wire any time now.

Buckeye33
04-05-2006, 05:07 PM
It's pretty much a coin flip really. Granderson is still an unknown, but does have good upside. Escobar is not going to be dominate at any point but can produce decent #s.

Is this a weekly or daily switch league? If it's a daily, I'd probably go ahead and pick Granderson up if you like him.

Red Leader
04-05-2006, 05:10 PM
It's pretty much a coin flip really. Granderson is still an unknown, but does have good upside. Escobar is not going to be dominate at any point but can produce decent #s.

Is this a weekly or daily switch league? If it's a daily, I'd probably go ahead and pick Granderson up if you like him.

It is daily. Seems I'm being outscored in some categories mainly because most teams have two bench offensive players and I have none, so they are rotating hitters in daily, and I can't. That's what's bothering me. There are some decent SP's on the wire, but not many good hitters on the wire. Others besides Granderson are Morneau (who was recently dropped) and Hillenbrand.

Topcat
04-06-2006, 03:55 AM
It is daily. Seems I'm being outscored in some categories mainly because most teams have two bench offensive players and I have none, so they are rotating hitters in daily, and I can't. That's what's bothering me. There are some decent SP's on the wire, but not many good hitters on the wire. Others besides Granderson are Morneau (who was recently dropped) and Hillenbrand.

Red aim high and try a few trade offers honestly. $ solid starters and 3 closers is enough shine a package up and find a team with needs. analyze there roster and find 2 players you desire from that team. Make one of the players a desire the other a flip commodity for trade. Fill a teams over all weaknesess and sell the person on how it balances there over all catagory needs.

Red Leader
04-06-2006, 09:09 AM
I dropped Escobar last night and picked up Jonathan Papelbon, so now I have 5 closers (if Papelbon sticks in that role, which according to what I've read, will most likely happen). Closers seem to be valuable in our league, and I figured I'd be able to get more in return for one of my closers than Escobar, so I made the move. I'm going to start shopping Tom Gordon, but probably not until after he successfully converts his first save.