J. Smoltz
J. Contreras
B. Arroyo
L. Hernandez
M. Prior (DL)

Bullpen
B. Jenks
N. Cotts

Iím in a 12 team league. The categories are: R, RBI, HR, AVG, SB, W, SV, K, ERA, and WHIP.
I like my hitting and somehow picked up Rollins on the waiver wire making Tejada expendable. I think I need some pitching help particularly on relief with only one guy who will net saves.

So the trades I am thinking about are:

Tejada+ Perez for Pettitte and Ryan I figure try to sell high on Perez and buy low on Pettitte.

Tejada for Halladay The other guy is an Oís fan so I think this could happen and would be really worthwhile since I really donít have an ace right now.

On the waiver wire the following relievers are available: Rodney, Weathers, Benitez (DL), and Papelbon. Also Bedard for starters and Willingham for catching, both guys who I will keep my eye on.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dom Heffner
04-05-2006, 06:54 PM
I'd start with sitting Kearns and playing JD drew.

Patrick Bateman
04-05-2006, 07:00 PM
I'd start with sitting Kearns and playing JD drew.

Now how could I bring myself to do that? :)

EDIT: By the way I do actually plan to start Drew, but today I liked the match-up of Kearns vs. Rusch so I went with him for only today.

Buckeye33
04-05-2006, 08:12 PM
How in the world did you get Rollins on the waiver wire?
1. Drop Alou for Willingham

2. Drop Cotts for Rodney

3. Trade Tejada for the best closer and other player you can. If you could get Tejada for Halladay and a good bench player shoot for that.

Willingham should eventually become eligible in the OF which will help in offdays.

You then would have Rodney, Jenks, and whatever stud closer you get in the Tejada deal or you'd be stacked on starting pitching with Halladay, Felix, Livan, Contreras, Perez, Smoltz, Prior, Arroyo.

If you did get Halladay, you could then afford to move a different starter for a top level closer as well.

Picking up Rollins for nothing really allows you to improve your team. Good luck.

Patrick Bateman
04-05-2006, 10:33 PM
How in the world did you get Rollins on the waiver wire?
1. Drop Alou for Willingham

2. Drop Cotts for Rodney

3. Trade Tejada for the best closer and other player you can. If you could get Tejada for Halladay and a good bench player shoot for that.

Willingham should eventually become eligible in the OF which will help in offdays.

You then would have Rodney, Jenks, and whatever stud closer you get in the Tejada deal or you'd be stacked on starting pitching with Halladay, Felix, Livan, Contreras, Perez, Smoltz, Prior, Arroyo.

If you did get Halladay, you could then afford to move a different starter for a top level closer as well.

Picking up Rollins for nothing really allows you to improve your team. Good luck.

Thanks for putting in all of the thought. Sounds like some good ideas. And I have no idea how I got Rolllins on the waiver wire. Some dummy picked up Russ Adams for him.

Topcat
04-06-2006, 03:46 AM
Package rollins and Livan and get some better OF support if its a (sb) league look there and get a frontline starter like Capuano in that he is a 18 game winner that has no recognigtion in many leagues. After all how in the H*** is Rollins a waiver claim ?
Measure where your team strenghts are and chop a little for over all team balance. P.s. 10th pitcher always should be a guy who is a set up guy who gets "vulture" wins like Jesse Crain lat year.