kbrake
04-05-2006, 07:07 PM
http://www.the-ozone.net/football/2006/Springball/newjerseys.htm

KronoRed
04-05-2006, 07:14 PM
What's the new part? :dunno:

kbrake
04-05-2006, 07:17 PM
black on the sleeves, I think they look like Georgia.

wheels
04-05-2006, 07:18 PM
They're old school.

Almost sixties looking.

Caseyfan21
04-05-2006, 07:34 PM
I don't really like them as much as the current uniforms. The biggest difference will be the material they are made out of. Supposedly it's a newer, sleeker type of material that is lighter for players. I guess we were one of the few remaining Nike schools that hadn't switched to the new material. I am looking at this uniform and wondering where all the grey went, considering our school colors are scarlet and grey. I think I might use this opportunity to pick up a new jersey from the old style ones. The old style #7 and #10 jerseys are now only $25.00 at hangonsloopy.com while the new style is $50.

StillFunkyB
04-05-2006, 08:04 PM
Hate 'em.

Hope it's one of those things that has to "grow" on ya.

DropDocK
04-05-2006, 08:23 PM
It reminds me of another school, just can't think of which one it might be. The pants will stay the same I guess?

guttle11
04-05-2006, 08:25 PM
Why did they do that!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Cedric
04-05-2006, 08:26 PM
I always want the shiny pants look of the 80's. I won't get it.

Reds Fanatic
04-05-2006, 08:39 PM
Why did they do that!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?Nike is behind this change. Pretty much every school Nike has a uniform contract with is getting new uniforms. Ours look better than some but I would still rather stick with the classic Ohio State uniform.

Cedric
04-05-2006, 09:10 PM
Nike is behind this change. Pretty much every school Nike has a uniform contract with is getting new uniforms. Ours look better than some but I would still rather stick with the classic Ohio State uniform.

Some of the players have been trying for years to get the fabric switched on the uniforms. I know that some of the change is because of performance reasons. Cash plays a big part of it also.

Heath
04-05-2006, 09:24 PM
They are the same jerseys they wore with Earle in the 80's

http://www.centralohio.com/ohiostate/football/legacy/bowlgames/art/carter.jpghttp://the-ozone.net/OZA/images/teamshop/7-Replica-Jersey-S.jpg

traderumor
04-05-2006, 10:19 PM
Boring and unoriginal. The classic look of the 90s forward did not need a change.

Heath
04-05-2006, 11:45 PM
They look like Georgia's.

I'd rather do some original retro-type stuff.

Les Horvath's '44 jersey looks cool, IMO.

http://www.onlinesports.com/images/val-113209.gif

Cedric
04-06-2006, 12:11 AM
That jersey is the cheap version getting sold to fans. The authentic jersey that the team will wear looks awesome. IMO.

beb30
04-06-2006, 08:35 AM
OSU's jersey has never been that great anyway, i think this new jersey looks somewhat like there most recent one if i can remember correctly.

Now Oregon has sweet uniforms :thumbup:

traderumor
04-06-2006, 09:09 AM
OSU's jersey has never been that great anyway, i think this new jersey looks somewhat like there most recent one if i can remember correctly.

Now Oregon has sweet uniforms :thumbup:
http://www.clevelandpress.com/martin10.jpg
Have to disagree. That is a great look and should be kept.

Oregon? Hopefully you don't mean this
http://espn.go.com/media/pg2/2003/1112/photo/oregonfby.jpg

but this, which are only slightly ugly as compared to extremely ugly above ;)

http://www.redraiders.com/images/122901/9dBELLOTTISTAYINGPU.jpg

traderumor
04-06-2006, 09:12 AM
Until June 1 these jerseys are available exclusively at The Oficial Team Shop.I'm pretty sure the ad was not written by an alumni ;)

Red Leader
04-06-2006, 09:43 AM
Just as ugly as every other OSU jersey I've ever seen.

beb30
04-06-2006, 12:04 PM
OSU jerseys are boring anyway.

And I dont really understand why people from cincinnati really claim them as their team (unless you went to OSU)......we arent from columbus they are not "our team"

MartyFan
04-06-2006, 12:10 PM

And I dont really understand why people from cincinnati really claim them as their team (unless you went to OSU)......we arent from columbus they are not "our team"

Because people from Cincinnati need something to brag about when their basketball coach isn't out getting slammed and they have no football program.

guttle11
04-06-2006, 12:14 PM

Because the school is called The OHIO State University. Last time I checked, Cincinnati is in Ohio.

traderumor
04-06-2006, 12:14 PM

And I dont really understand why people from cincinnati really claim them as their team (unless you went to OSU)......we arent from columbus they are not "our team"Because they represent the entire state, which the campus and even the football roster reflect. If they were the Columbus State Buckeyes, you'd have a point.

beb30
04-06-2006, 12:55 PM
Hahah thats funny just b/c Ohio is in the name of the college you think they represent the state? So i assume ur all big Ohio U fans as well right?

Last time i checked Cincinnati wasn't in Columbus GUTTLE11

I assume Florida always roots for Florida State since they represent the state of florida?

Or even better the Miami Hurricanes root for Florida State b/c they represent the state?

Or maybe Oklahoma fans root for Oklahoma State since they "represent" the state?

This is not columbus, they do not represent the state they represent the area around columbus and the students that go there. Cincinnati is not Ohio State football :thumbdown

paintmered
04-06-2006, 01:13 PM
Because the school is called The OHIO State University. Last time I checked, Cincinnati is in Ohio.

Just like Ohio University does, right? Oh wait....

Danny Serafini
04-06-2006, 01:21 PM
Ohio State is easily the largest school with the largest athletic program in Ohio, so they overshadow everyone else. And because of that, they do represent the entire state. The Florida/Florida State/Miami comparison isn't valid, because there's no one else in Ohio to be OSU's Miami or Florida.

Caseyfan21
04-06-2006, 01:23 PM
People from Cincinnati just want to root for a football team that actually wins. ;)

With the Bengals having been so bad the last decade (before Marvin) it's pretty easy to see that they lost appeal and everyone jumped off their band wagon. The Buckeyes are a football team that dominated throughout the 90's so it's natural they would attract fans from all over the state when both the NFL teams had years they probably would have lost to the Buckeyes.

Besides, if you're like me, I hated pro football growing up because everyone pro football team near me was terrible. I rooted for the Buckeyes because they were close to me (I live in Dayton) and so many other people I knew had ties to the university. The Buckeyes are the only dominant college team year in and year out in the state of Ohio. Ohio State is very much a regional team as most of the Big 10 teams are.

traderumor
04-06-2006, 01:25 PM
Hahah thats funny just b/c Ohio is in the name of the college you think they represent the state? So i assume ur all big Ohio U fans as well right?

Last time i checked Cincinnati wasn't in Columbus GUTTLE11

I assume Florida always roots for Florida State since they represent the state of florida?

Or even better the Miami Hurricanes root for Florida State b/c they represent the state?

Or maybe Oklahoma fans root for Oklahoma State since they "represent" the state?

This is not columbus, they do not represent the state they represent the area around columbus and the students that go there. Cincinnati is not Ohio State football :thumbdown
I'm really not sure what your point is. Ohio State is not only widely represented in the state of Ohio, but also throughout the United States. I would imagine there is a rather large alumni association in Cincinnati. There is the branch system. Ohio State is far reaching in its influence and has a statewide presence. Just because you personally don't care for the school doesn't mean that it "belongs" to Columbus and the "area around Columbus." Although I will say that folks in the Cincy area either love tOSU or hate it, but rarely is their indifference.

paintmered
04-06-2006, 01:26 PM
The city of Cincinnati is more of a Notre Dame town than they are an OSU town.

The last time UC and OSU played each other in football, all the columbus radio guys wanted to talk about is how Cincy is not an OSU town and they need to be converted.

Caseyfan21
04-06-2006, 01:27 PM
Just like Ohio University does, right? Oh wait....

You can bet when Ohio University has a successful year people here would jump on the bandwagon. It's funny how many people I know that became Miami University fans overnight when Ben Roethlisberger was the quarterback. There were girls at school that I know had never followed football their entire lives that every Saturday suddenly started putting up "Go Miami...Good Luck Ben" as their away messages. When teams are successful people like to claim they are fans - the Buckeyes are successful and the Bobcats are not.

paintmered
04-06-2006, 01:30 PM
You can bet when Ohio University has a successful year people here would jump on the bandwagon. It's funny how many people I know that became Miami University fans overnight when Ben Roethlisberger was the quarterback. There were girls at school that I know had never followed football their entire lives that every Saturday suddenly started putting up "Go Miami...Good Luck Ben" as their away messages. When teams are successful people like to claim they are fans - the Buckeyes are successful and the Bobcats are not.

You missed my point. Guttle's point was that since tOSU has Ohio in the name of the school, it must represent the entire state. Ohio University (a school my father proudly played for and I root for) does not represent the entire state even though they fit the same critieria, i.e. Ohio in the name of the school.

Caseyfan21
04-06-2006, 01:31 PM
I'm really not sure what your point is. Ohio State is not only widely represented in the state of Ohio, but also throughout the United States. I would imagine there is a rather large alumni association in Cincinnati. There is the branch system. Ohio State is far reaching in its influence and has a statewide presence. Just because you personally don't care for the school doesn't mean that it "belongs" to Columbus and the "area around Columbus." Although I will say that folks in the Cincy area either love tOSU or hate it, but rarely is their indifference.

Ohio state has the largest alumni association in the country. I can wear scarlet and grey anywhere and get an "O-H..." I have gotten "O-H" on Newberry St. in Boston, Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, and Bourbon Street in New Orleans all within the last year. The alumni net of Ohio State stretches all around the country. I have looked at a list of alumni groups from around the country and pretty much where ever you might be their is an alumni group that gets together for games. It's pretty incredible the amount of "school spirit" that graduates (and current students) hold for the university.

Cedric
04-06-2006, 01:33 PM
You missed my point. Guttle's point was that since tOSU has Ohio in the name of the school, it must represent the entire state. Ohio University (a school my father proudly played for and I root for) does not represent the entire state even though they fit the same critieria, i.e. Ohio in the name of the school.

Beb- Come on man. TOSU football is one of the most storied sporting programs in America and you expect people in the third largest city in that state to not support them. I'm sure people in Indianapolis don't support Notre Dame right?

rdiersin
04-06-2006, 01:43 PM
Beb- Come on man. TOSU football is one of the most storied sporting programs in America and you expect people in the third largest city in that state to not support them. I'm sure people in Indianapolis don't support Notre Dame right?

Not typically. Notre Dame is more of a Chicago thing, IMO. Indy people, at least in my experience, are more Purdue and IU fans (even in football). Watching the Indy TV stations when I was at Purdue, I don't remember a lot of stuff about ND. In terms of football, it was more on Purdue, IU, and the Colts. I agree with paint and beb. Cincinnati is diverse in its college football. There are OSU fans, but there are a lot of ND and other schools fans.

Cedric
04-06-2006, 01:44 PM
Not typically. Notre Dame is more of a Chicago thing, IMO. Indy people, at least in my experience, are more Purdue and IU fans (even in football). Watching the Indy TV stations when I was at Purdue, I don't remember a lot of stuff about ND. In terms of football, it was more on Purdue, IU, and the Colts. I agree with paint and beb. Cincinnati is diverse in its college football. There are OSU fans, but there are a lot of ND and other schools fans.

Nobody is arguing about diversity.

rdiersin
04-06-2006, 01:50 PM
Nobody is arguing about diversity.

No but beb mentioned that he doesn't understand why Cincinnati claims OSU, or vice versa, what ever. My point is that there isn't one particular college football teams fans represented in the town, at least not IMO. There are too many. The only thing you can say that Cincinnati is, is a Reds town, IMO. Even in the NFL, there are still a lot of Browns fans around.

rdiersin
04-06-2006, 02:03 PM
Anyway, back to the original topic, and even though I am not a OSU fan, I liked their old uniforms better than these new ones. The gray is missing.

beb30
04-06-2006, 03:22 PM

If your not sure what my point is then don't bother responding to my post......

beb30
04-06-2006, 03:27 PM

Most storied program or not does not give anyone the right to claim OSU not as their football team b/c they are from ohio (unless you are in columbus or an OSU student). You are from Cincinnati not Columbus. Ohio State DOES NOT represent our state as a whole. I live in Cincinnati, Im not going to root for OSU just b/c they are in Ohio and it just so happens they are one of the best football programs in the country and are becoming one of the top basketball programs. And that brings me to my next point alot of you (OSU football fans) claim to be football fans, but when the bball team is playing your not as big on it as the football program. OSU is not located in columbus. I doubt Jayhawk fans are going to start rooting for Kansas State b/c they represent the state as a whole.

traderumor
04-06-2006, 03:31 PM
If your not sure what my point is then don't bother responding to my post......
In other words, your point made no sense for the reasons I provided. Graduating soon, huh?

beb30
04-06-2006, 03:42 PM
In other words, your point made no sense for the reasons I provided. Graduating soon, huh?

Everyone else seemed to be able to get my point except you. Maybe its time to head back to english 101. Alzheimers must be kicking in eh? ;)

paintmered
04-06-2006, 03:44 PM
Everyone else seemed to be able to get my point except you. Maybe its time to head back to english 101. Alzheimers must be kicking in eh? ;)

beb, traderumor: please take it private.

Red Leader
04-06-2006, 03:44 PM
Easy there guys. No use arguing about tOSU in early April. Breathe. No matter who you root for, your team will be overrated soon enough.

BuckeyeRedleg
04-06-2006, 04:20 PM
And that brings me to my next point alot of you (OSU football fans) claim to be football fans, but when the bball team is playing your not as big on it as the football program. OSU is not located in columbus. I doubt Jayhawk fans are going to start rooting for Kansas State b/c they represent the state as a whole.

-OSU is located in Columbus.

-Ohio State IS the state university of Ohio.

-OSU is a football school first. It's just the way it is. Both programs are historically in the top tier of their respective sports (football-top 5, basketball top 15).

-Ohio Stadium holds 100,000+. The Schott holds 19,000+.

-People tend to get more excited when they have 6-7 home games a year as opposed twice that many for basketball. Fall Saturday's are like holidays in Columbus. It is hard to get up for a basketball game in December against Coppin State.

-Another reason that football may be bigger is that fans, in general, get more excited as their team has success. The same could be said of UC and basketball. It is likely that most UC fans care more about their basketball team than they do about their football team. Doesn't make them bad fans. It's human nature.

-I imagine as the OSU basketball team rises to prominence due to Thad Matta and his brilliant incoming class, that many rivals will make this same blanket statement that OSU fans are "band-wagon jumper's"? blah blah, blah. I'm sure if UC goes undefeated in football next year and plays in a BCS bowl game that more fans will show up the following year to your football games. So what!

By the way, should I quit supporting the Reds because they are NOT in Columbus? Of course not. But if everyone in Columbus had your attitude, there would be a heckuva lot more empty seats down there. And we both know, they don't need anymore of those down at the GABP, do they?

BuckeyeRedleg
04-06-2006, 04:27 PM
Back on topic. Ths uni's don't move me in either way. I'd like a little more gray, but I can live with them. Just as long as that red is more scarlet than pink, I don't mind.

Now, the basketball jerseys are the ones that need some help.

Caseyfan21
04-06-2006, 04:41 PM
Now, the basketball jerseys are the ones that need some help.

Thad wants to bring back the grey when the current uniform contracts are up. That would look pretty sweet.

BuckeyeRedleg
04-06-2006, 04:57 PM
Thad wants to bring back the grey when the current uniform contracts are up. That would look pretty sweet.

I agree. I went to Ohio State during the Jim Jackson era. Those grey uniforms they wore in the tourney and other big games were awesome.

I have always thought that UC had the coolest looking uniforms in college hoops. I wouldn't mind seeing OSU go with the Jordan brand, but realize that they are tied up with Nike for a while, at least.

paintmered
04-06-2006, 05:09 PM
I agree. I went to Ohio State during the Jim Jackson era. Those grey uniforms they wore in the tourney and other big games were awesome.

I have always thought that UC had the coolest looking uniforms in college hoops. I wouldn't mind seeing OSU go with the Jordan brand, but realize that they are tied up with Nike for a while, at least.

UC will probably be losing the Jordan unis. The Jordan contract was with Huggins and not the university. It's a shame too because those unis were some of the best in college bball.

ochre
04-06-2006, 05:33 PM
Easy there guys. No use arguing about tOSU in early April. Breathe. No matter who you root for, your team will be overrated soon enough.
Somebody's breaking their avowed college football silence before November again.

Red Leader
04-06-2006, 05:34 PM
Somebody's breaking their avowed college football silence before November again.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Stop following me around! :laugh:

BuckeyeRedleg
04-06-2006, 06:43 PM
Leader, are you a Meatchicken fan?

CrackerJack
04-06-2006, 08:03 PM
I watched OSU football since the eary 80's - almost every game. I am in Cincy, never lived in C-Bus (why would I want to).

Lots of local people go to school there and play ball there, I know several who have for various programs at OSU. I've been too many a party up there and stayed with lots of friends who were students.

It is only 1.5 hours away.

It's the same reason people in NKY root for UK so rabidly.

Big deal.

Larkin411
04-08-2006, 10:36 AM
Do you think the jersey is closer to the actual color of scarlet than the old jersey? I thought I knew what color scarlet was but now I wonder if I might be wrong. I need a ruling on this...