PDA

View Full Version : Bring on Enrico Pallazzo

medford
04-06-2006, 12:36 PM
I didn't see this posted anywhere and thought I'd pass it along...

According to Marc's Blog...

Minor league umps strike

In an effort to move Opening Day down from the top of the blog, I thought I'd pass along this bit of news from my old friend J.J. Cooper at Baseball America -- minor league umpires are officially on strike.

This move was expected, but I don't know that it'll work out real well for them in the end. I don't really foresee an outcry from fans and teams in the minors that umpiring quality isn't up to snuff.

I guess they plan to hire replacement umpires and the minor league games will start with out interuption tonight. I agree w/ Marc, I can't imagine many people will complain about any drop in the quality of umpiring on the minor league level.

From my experiences at Dragons games, it seems that most people go to the games to socialize and watch a prospect or two. I don't get the feeling that many people really care if their team wins or not, just so long as the star prospect does well. I wonder how long the strike will last? As long as it doesn't effect the ability to play the games as scheduled, I wonder if anyone will notice?

ochre
04-06-2006, 01:56 PM
I anticipate improved quality. Low A umps that I have seen in Dayton have been as bad as I've seen at any level.

Caseyfan21
04-06-2006, 02:02 PM
Yeah, who really cares about this anyways? I agree with ochre, the quality will improve if anything. If they strike for too long they might just start using computers to call balls and strikes.:)

TheBigLebowski
04-06-2006, 09:04 PM
Enrico Pallazzo...great reference!

RFS62
04-06-2006, 09:13 PM
Enrico Pallazzo...great reference!

No kidding. Great reference!!

:beerme:

Yachtzee
04-06-2006, 10:37 PM
Your wish is my command.

http://www.rootology.com/images/enrico-palazzo.jpg