PDA

View Full Version : Laptop problem, keeps beeping

The Baumer
04-06-2006, 07:48 PM
I tripped over a cord and my laptop came crashing to the ground. Now whenever it is on it keeps beeping, until I eject the docking station that is connected to it (the dvd/cd-rom drive dock). Once I eject it the beeping stops. Anyone have any insight or idea of what is wrong?

StillFunkyB
04-06-2006, 10:10 PM
What model laptop, and what model dock?

ghettochild
04-06-2006, 10:20 PM
you more than likley knocked something around inside, that probably has something to do with your boot. does your lappy post? post as in does it boot up completly to a windows screen. does it do it with or without the dock in, or both?

The Baumer
04-06-2006, 10:25 PM
What model laptop, and what model dock?

IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad X40. The dock came with the laptop straight from the manufacturer, I'm not sure what model it is.

you more than likley knocked something around inside, that probably has something to do with your boot. does your lappy post? post as in does it boot up completly to a windows screen. does it do it with or without the dock in, or both?

The computer works fine. It just makes a loud and annoying, repeating beep until I press the eject button on the dock. Then it stops. I haven't tried using the DVD drive to see if it works, I've only been able to stand the beep for a couple of seconds before I undock the docking system.

RBA
04-06-2006, 10:33 PM
Can you eject the drive by going into My Computer and right clicking and selecting EJECT?

StillFunkyB
04-06-2006, 10:52 PM
That sounds like it was "ejected improperly".

Does it do this when you power-off the system, then power it back on while docked?

Here is a site for you:
http://forum.thinkpads.com/

The Baumer
04-07-2006, 03:12 PM
Well, I searched high and low for the key to my docking station and simply unlocked it, removed it, and then reattached it. And the problem was solved. I'm guessing it was improperly ejected when it fell like someone noted earlier. Thanks.