PDA

View Full Version : Julio Franco

Larry Schuler
04-06-2006, 09:54 PM
At 47 years old, Julio Franco is one home run away from being the oldest player in baseball history to hit a home run. Anyone think we will be seeing Franco pinch hitting at age 50? It's already incredible to see him still playing this year.

NatiRedGals
04-06-2006, 10:03 PM
I love its awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) JULIO!!!!

redsmetz
04-06-2006, 10:12 PM
At 47 years old, Julio Franco is one home run away from being the oldest player in baseball history to hit a home run. Anyone think we will be seeing Franco pinch hitting at age 50? It's already incredible to see him still playing this year.

It's nice for me to see someone nearly as old as me still playing!

When Dennis Eckersley retired on my birthday (or near it), he was the last major league player still older than me. Now that was a milestone! :beerme:

Blimpie
04-06-2006, 10:15 PM
If they ever decide to carbon-date Julio Franco, we may then learn that MLB has already had a 50 year old pinch hitter...

redsmetz
04-06-2006, 10:23 PM
If they ever decide to carbon-date Julio Franco, we may then learn that MLB has already had a 50 year old pinch hitter...

Doesn't Minnie Minosa count?

vic715
04-07-2006, 04:00 PM
It's nice for me to see someone nearly as old as me still playing!

When Dennis Eckersley retired on my birthday (or near it), he was the last major league player still older than me. Now that was a milestone! :beerme:
I wish Johnny Bench would come out of retirement.