PDA

View Full Version : Baseball games for PS2

WVPacman
04-06-2006, 11:26 PM
I was thinking about buying the latest and newest game out there on PS2.Which game out there has the best graphics,and looks really realistic on the game.I would like to buy a game that players even get hurt on almost a daily basis!! I want a game that the Reds are atleast a decent team in :( . Is that game thats called mlb 06 the show the best one out there??

ghettochild
04-06-2006, 11:32 PM
i've been playing MVP baseball 2k5 and MLB the show 2k6, i love 2k6 A LOT better.

WVPacman
04-06-2006, 11:36 PM
i've been playing MVP baseball 2k5 and MLB the show 2k6, i love 2k6 A LOT better.

I don't know which one to get!! What is both the games called so if and when I go to a store again I know what they are called??

ghettochild
04-06-2006, 11:56 PM
MVP baseball 2005 (has manny on the cover)
MLB baseball 2k6 "the show"(has david ortiz on the cover)

rent them at blockbust first before you buy, its all over personal choice. i think gameplay wise MVP is better because its easier, but graphics, overall gameplay, player animation, MLB is better. they have better gamemodes, you can create your own player and start him getting drafted, playing through the minors, and "the show". both are great games, but IMPO MLB 2k6 "the show" is awesome.

WVPacman
04-07-2006, 12:06 AM
Thanks for the info man by what you wrote I think I will get MLB baseball 2k6 besides alot of people I talked to said that MLB baseball 2k6 was better.

Does players get injured on it??

savafan
04-07-2006, 12:36 AM
Does players get injured on it??

Yep, fun game. I'm addicted. I loved, let me repeat, LOVED the EA MVP series, but The Show is probably the most realistic baseball game I've ever played, and you can control virtually everything.

WVPacman
04-07-2006, 12:41 AM
Yep, fun game. I'm addicted. I loved, let me repeat, LOVED the EA MVP series, but The Show is probably the most realistic baseball game I've ever played, and you can control virtually everything.

That settles it Im buying the game next time I go to the store.Thanks for the info!!:beerme:

savafan
04-07-2006, 12:48 AM
That settles it Im buying the game next time I go to the store.Thanks for the info!!:beerme:

I bought the game when I got off of work Monday night at 1:00 AM, got home and played it for six straight hours. You'll love it.

Dom Heffner
04-07-2006, 01:32 AM
It feels like your watching an actual game. The graphics are gorgeous- at least on the PSP anyway. I love watching the replays and if you listen to it with headphones on you might as well be there. Awesome game.

StillFunkyB
04-07-2006, 08:02 AM
I like "The Show".

My only real complaint is that it doesn't have that "feel" when your hitting. I hit a BOMB with Jr., and it just didn't feel as good as it has in other titles.

Small complaint though, the game is fantastic.

RedsFan75
04-07-2006, 08:37 AM
But some bombs, the no-doubters that switch to the cutscene give you that great feeling.

On the same angle, give up one by Milton in a close game and as soon as the cutscene starts and you're mad!

Love 'The Show'
Feels like real baseball.

WVPacman
04-09-2006, 11:52 PM
MVP baseball 2005 (has manny on the cover)
MLB baseball 2k6 "the show"(has david ortiz on the cover)

rent them at blockbust first before you buy, its all over personal choice. i think gameplay wise MVP is better because its easier, but graphics, overall gameplay, player animation, MLB is better. they have better gamemodes, you can create your own player and start him getting drafted, playing through the minors, and "the show". both are great games, but IMPO MLB 2k6 "the show" is awesome.

You said that MLB baseball 2k6 "the show"(has david ortiz on the cover) right?? I was watching tv today and it showed a baseball game that was called MLB 2K6 but it had Derrick Jeter on it.Im confused!!!:help:

WMR
04-10-2006, 12:35 AM
The game is called MLB 06 : The Show.

MLB 2k6 is an entirely different game.

(And MLB 2005 is still my favorite)

WVPacman
04-10-2006, 12:44 AM
Oh ok my mistake,I will probably get MLB 2k6!!

WMR
04-10-2006, 12:51 AM
Obviously buy whatever game you want, but the consensus from everyone on the board is that "The Show" is the superior game...

WVPacman
04-10-2006, 12:58 AM
Well in that case I'll buy the show!!!!:laugh:

WVPacman
04-10-2006, 01:15 AM
I just went to some messages boards about MLB 06 the show and they said that its awesome and 2k6 was rushed out therefore it has alot of bad things about it including some bugs.

So I will probably get mlb 06

savafan
04-10-2006, 01:16 AM
Yes, The Show is the one that I feel is the most realistic game out there that I've played.

WVPacman
04-10-2006, 01:22 AM
That settles it guys im getting the show!!! Thanks for helping me make my decision.

Im off of here for tonight guys!! Talk to you all later!!

BoomerSoonerRed
04-10-2006, 02:14 AM
I had been a fan of the 2K series until last year. Too buggy, even though presentation was much improved. IMHO, World Series Baseball 2K3 was the best game in that series.
I bought The Show a few weeks ago and I like it. Only downside is that you don't get to play a season with every team, just two. At least that's better than MVP, where you had to play with just one team. But it hasn't stopped me from liking The Show, I think it's the better baseball title this year.

kearns and dunn
04-10-2006, 09:53 PM
How much does The Show cost?

WVPacman
04-10-2006, 11:22 PM
I had been a fan of the 2K series until last year. Too buggy, even though presentation was much improved. IMHO, World Series Baseball 2K3 was the best game in that series.
I bought The Show a few weeks ago and I like it. Only downside is that you don't get to play a season with every team, just two. At least that's better than MVP, where you had to play with just one team. But it hasn't stopped me from liking The Show, I think it's the better baseball title this year.

If you don't get to play a whole season with a team then what do you have to do to play like a season on it?? Franchise mode or something??

WVPacman
04-10-2006, 11:23 PM
How much does The Show cost?

Here in WV at walmart it costs 40 bucks!!

ghettochild
04-11-2006, 12:50 AM
there are a lot of bugs in the show, thats why i was kinda skeptical about buying it so early, i don't want to get a first gen game you know, but i love the career mode, i have a RF MLB all-star, a SP in the works, and a k-rod like closer already made.

BoomerSoonerRed
04-11-2006, 01:31 AM
If you don't get to play a whole season with a team then what do you have to do to play like a season on it?? Franchise mode or something??
You do get to play a season with a team, or two teams, of your choosing. Same with franchise.
I was talking about not getting the option to play as all 30 teams, something the 2K games had. Sometimes it just gets boring playing just one team through an entire season. You get to play with any team and play any game in NCAA Football, why can't you in The Show or MVP or any other game?