PDA

View Full Version : Move Advice

Dom Heffner
04-07-2006, 01:23 AM
I want to pick up JJ Hardy to give me another middle infielder, but I don't know who to drop. Jeff Kent leaving yesterday's game made me realize I need another SS.

My first thought is Tim Hudson because he doesn't really offer much or Jeremy Hermida, but that OBP of over .400 is awfully hard to drop.

Here is my team:

David Ortiz
Jeff Kent
Felipe Lopez
David Wright
Melvin Mora- Util
Scott Rolen- Util
Pat Burrell
Adam Dunn
Vernon Wells
Curtis Granderson
Jeremy Hermida
JD Drew
Jason Varitek

Pitchers:
Daniel Cabrera
Roy Oswalt
Oliver Perez
Erik Bedard
Tim Hudson
Francisco Liriano
Mike Gonzalez
Chad Cordero
Jason Isringhausen
J. Papelbon
Kalvim Escobar

Who should I drop to pick up Hardy?

savafan
04-07-2006, 03:26 AM
How many pitchers do you start on an everyday basis?

Dom Heffner
04-07-2006, 03:30 AM
We can start two SPs, 2 RPS, and then 3 pitchers of our choice. It just seems like I have 6 starters and I'm looking at Hudson's stats last year and he really doesn't help out in anything other than wins or the occasional complete game. He kills my WHIP, my K/9 and K/BB as well.

But maybe I am overvaluing Hardy.

savafan
04-07-2006, 04:20 AM
But maybe I am overvaluing Hardy.

I don't think so, I believe Hardy to be one of the top Fantasy steals this year.

Stewie
04-07-2006, 06:06 AM
I wouldn't drop Hermida. I also wouldn't drop Hudson, either. While Hudson isn't that great anymore, I think he is too good to simply drop, and there's a good chance that you can trade him to someone who would overvalue Hudson simply because he is a big name. I'd suggest that you look for a 2 for 1 deal, maybe package Hudson with someone like JD Drew in order to get a better pitcher, and then use the extra roster space to get Hardy.

I also agree that Hardy could be one of the steals this year.

Red Leader
04-07-2006, 09:19 AM
Yeah, I posted in the last person thread yesterday that I'm "all in" on a bet that J.J. Hardy is the middle infielder to go all "Felipe Lopez" on the league this year.

I think Stewie gave good advice. Don't drop either player. See if you can package Hudson and Drew and get yourself a better SP. Maybe a Ben Sheets owner will bite? There's something to be said for consistancy in fantasy baseball, and if nothing else, Hudson is pretty consistant. That's worth something to a lot of owners. Especially someone like Sheets, who tends to have injury problems every year. If I owned Sheets, I'd be awfully tempted by that offer about now.

There were some really good pitchers that got hit somewhat hard this first week, target all of them as well.

With Eric Gagne out, Dennys Baez might be a top 10 closer this year. Look to see if he's available. Not that you should need another closer, but he might have more value than Gonzalez, who is still unproven, and took a loss last night, albeit a flukey one.

Dom Heffner
04-07-2006, 01:24 PM
I offered the trade of Drew and Hudson for Sheets. We'll see if he bites.

Thanks again for the advice guys!