PDA

View Full Version : Larue to make a rehab start

SirFelixCat
04-09-2006, 01:33 PM
:thumbup:

Thank God someone in the FO is thinking on this one. Per Marc's blog:

Jason LaRue will not be with the team Tuesday in Chicago. Instead, he'll head to Sarasota to catch Paul Wilson's start in extended spring training. The Reds want LaRue to get at least a little game action under his belt before he is activated from the DL.

Hooligan
04-09-2006, 01:46 PM
This is a very smart move. No reason in rushing LaRue back, especially if he is our most valuable trade commodity.

captainmorgan07
04-09-2006, 02:29 PM
Smart move valentins doing a fine job behind the plate other than the error today

Henry Clay
04-09-2006, 11:10 PM
Not only is this a smart move baseball-wise, but it is also smart if a prospective trade is in the offing. The team now has a little more time to work out any details, physical examinations, etc. . . . I don't know if a move is in the works, but with five middle infielders on the active roster and three catchers soon to be there, I have to think something is brewing. Krivsky strikes me as too bright to make the Phillips and Ross moves without some plan for a next step. The LaRue rehab move frees the front office to take time to find or finalize the right deal.

LINEDRIVER
04-10-2006, 10:38 PM
How 'bout LaRue to Colorado for Ray King??

KronoRed
04-10-2006, 10:53 PM
Austin says no

SirFelixCat
04-11-2006, 05:04 AM
Austin says no

Damn, beat me too it.

SirFelixCat
04-11-2006, 05:04 AM

And seriously...you think all we can get for Larue is Ray freaking King?!?

Guacarock
04-11-2006, 10:48 AM
And seriously...you think all we can get for Larue is Ray freaking King?!?

Ray King and Ryan Shealy would be a fair return for Larue -- a southpaw reliever to stop the carnage in our bullpen and our next 1B.

That would solve the catching logjam. Then, onto 2B.

Heath
04-11-2006, 11:13 AM
Rats-I wish we could take Womack and some $$ to the Angels for Brendon Donnalley.

Danny Serafini
04-11-2006, 02:45 PM
LaRue went 0-3 today and caught all four innings for Wilson. Wilson went 4 innings, 31 pitches, 2 hits, no runs. Of course stats in an extended spring game are beyond meaningless, but at least they were playing and apparently lookd healthy, so that's a plus.

Chip R
04-14-2006, 08:58 AM
Odd that they don't seem to be in a hurry to bring him back up.

KronoRed
04-14-2006, 02:36 PM
Odd that they don't seem to be in a hurry to bring him back up.
And dump one of the NEEDED 2nd baseman? :D

SirFelixCat
04-14-2006, 05:36 PM
To be honest, I don't think that we need/miss Larue. Don't get me wrong, a very solid catcher and probably a good person, but this team has a gaping weakness (read: BP), so the obvious extra piece is Laure....

KronoRed
04-14-2006, 06:01 PM
and keep Ross up here? :help:

kyred14
04-15-2006, 12:35 AM
Larue might be about as underappricated(sp.) as any player on the Reds. He's pretty much better than Valentin at everything. Did see that throw to 2nd last night? Larue would have gunned him down by 2 steps. If Valentin becomes the everyday catcher, teams are going to have a field day on the bases. And Ross just sucks.

I don't think we should trade Larue for BP fodder. Now if we can get a stud can't miss closer type, ok.

KronoRed
04-15-2006, 02:58 AM
I think Val being cheaper and slightly younger would be a better trading piece.

reds44
04-15-2006, 12:40 PM
LaRue to Louisville

ST. LOUIS -- Jason LaRue is traveling to Louisville today. After three games with Sarasota, plus one extended spring training appearance, he's expected to catch nine innings for the Bats Sunday and Monday.

I'm a little surprised they won't have him in Cincinnati by Monday, but we'll see how it goes.
-Marc's blog

flyer85
04-15-2006, 12:46 PM
and another ... and another ... and another

KittyDuran
04-16-2006, 05:19 PM
Jason has two hits for Louisville in today's game.

Far East
04-17-2006, 01:18 PM
and keep Ross up here? :help:
Yes, Looks like he calls an excellent game -- I never could say the same thing about LaRue.

And so far, Ross has had some loud hits, some loud outs, and some loud fouls, much better than his BA shows. Small sample, but combined with ST, his hitting appears to have improved.

As a platoon with Javy, they don't need to be all-stars, what with the offensive output from the other position players.

Moosie52
04-17-2006, 03:12 PM
As a platoon with Javy, they don't need to be all-stars, what with the offensive output from the other position players.

Wait until Dunn, Kearns, and Aurillia go into a slump. You can never have too much power. I don't know anything about Ross. What does he make?

pedro
04-17-2006, 09:16 PM
The Reds will keep Ross IMO and drop either Womack or one of the relievers.

WebScorpion
04-20-2006, 01:24 PM
The Reds will keep Ross IMO and drop either Womack or one of the relievers.

Come on, K-man ... dump Woe-Mack! :pray:

Falls City Beer
04-20-2006, 01:25 PM
I actually kind of like Ross's swing/bat speed.

It's intriguing. Not great, but interesting. :help:

KronoRed
04-20-2006, 02:39 PM
Three catchers with 12 pitchers just reeks of asking for trouble if we get into an Extra inning game, and I still don't see what Ross brings to the table that the other 2 don't :dunno:

Guacarock
04-20-2006, 06:56 PM
One of the two higher-paid Reds catchers -- Valentin or Larue -- will be traded, with Ross understudying for whomever is left. I've got my fingers crossed that the deal goes down soon, and involves Colorado 1B super-prospect Ryan Shealy. He's currently on the DL in extended spring training, so that could be holding up any transaction between the Reds and Rockies.

Another team that could be in the hunt for one of our catchers: the Dodgers.