PDA

View Full Version : LaRue to Sarasota

redsmetz
04-09-2006, 04:18 PM
From Marc's blog, didn't see it mentioned here:

Jason LaRue will not be with the team Tuesday in Chicago. Instead, he'll head to Sarasota to catch Paul Wilson's start in extended spring training. The Reds want LaRue to get at least a little game action under his belt before he is activated from the DL.

The plot thickens, as they say!

redsfan30
04-09-2006, 05:32 PM
Things just keep getting curiouser and curiouser...

redsmetz
04-09-2006, 05:54 PM
I'm thinking they're buying time on roster moves which makes me think something is in the works. Someone call Sherlock Holmes!

TeamBoone
04-09-2006, 08:38 PM
I'm thinking they're buying time on roster moves which makes me think something is in the works. Someone call Sherlock Holmes!

I agree because Jason is ready... and has been for several days.

Krivsky said on Inside Pitch a couple days ago that they were going to delay activating him until there was "room on the roster", which I don't like... he is, afterall, the Reds' starting catcher. Should his roster spot be delayed in order to find room for a non-starter? Not in my mind.

That said, I think there's more to it because if that truly were the case, I think they'd figure out the roster move(s) quickly so that he could start on Tuesday, especially because Jason is chomping at the bit to get in there.

I find it odd they're sending him to Sarasota though. That's kind of a long trip.

RedLegSuperStar
04-09-2006, 08:53 PM
I agree because Jason is ready... and has been for several days.

Krivsky said on Inside Pitch a couple days ago that they were going to delay activating him until there was "room on the roster", which I don't like... he is, afterall, the Reds' starting catcher. Should his roster spot be delayed in order to find room for a non-starter? Not in my mind.

That said, I think there's more to it because if that truly were the case, I think they'd figure out the roster move(s) quickly so that he could start on Tuesday, especially because Jason is chomping at the bit to get in there.

I find it odd they're sending him to Sarasota though. That's kind of a long trip.

I think they are sending him to Sarasota to get in some extra work and also as stated in the blog by Marc that he is going to catch Paul Wilson.. who could use LaRue to get his form back.