PDA

View Full Version : 2 minor leaguers suspended 50 games

Danny Serafini
04-11-2006, 03:25 PM
Just heard on the broadcast, P Ramon Ramirez suspended 50 games for performance enhancing drugs, P Justin Mallet suspended 50 games for drugs of abuse.

bottom_feeder
04-11-2006, 09:24 PM
Are those two guys in our system?

KronoRed
04-11-2006, 09:29 PM
Yep.

alexad
04-11-2006, 10:00 PM
I heard it also, but they really did not go into detail about where they were assigned and what part of the system.

KySteveH
04-11-2006, 10:18 PM
Mallet's not on a roster, but I guess he could be with the rest of the extended spring training crew. What a party that must be...LaRue, Wilson, Gruler, Pauly, Gardner, Long, McCracken, Moran...It's like a bad reality show, "Survivor, Extended Spring Training."

medford
04-11-2006, 10:23 PM
Mallett was one of my favorites from the Dragons. Real good change up, tall righty, a bit of a late bloomer. Put up solid numbers on each level. It seems that he didn't report directly to any team last season out of camp, if my memory serves me correctly Perhaps this is a recurring problem, hence the 50 games. Hopefully he gets his life in order. I'm assuming this means what little prospect tag that he had (and as far as I could tell it was a real small tag) may have just gone up in smoke, no pun intended.

I hope he gets things in order.