PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo mistakenly calls Rick White the Reds' closer

harangatang
04-12-2006, 02:42 AM
It's obviously a mistake but I got a good chuckle out of a Yahoo captioning that calls Rick White the Reds closer.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/photo?slug=cxc11404112106.reds_cubs_baseball_cxc11 4&prov=ap

KronoRed
04-12-2006, 03:01 AM
Well it is closer by committee so technically anyone in the pen could be called the closer :D

Nugget
04-12-2006, 03:08 AM
I guess it comes down to what or who is a closer. If its the guy who pitches the last inning then its "Rick White (aka Kullman's mistake)" but if its the guy who will be called on the get the REDS out of a tough last inning it has got to be PTBNL.

Ron Madden
04-12-2006, 03:14 AM
I guess it's all in how ya look at it.

Some might call Rick White "a closer"

Some might call Andy Furman "a sports talk host"

KearnsyEars
04-12-2006, 08:44 AM

I CAN'T STAND THE FURR BALL

One time I saw him in the Red's dugout last year before a game when I was in the diamond seats. I said "Hey Andy, quit being so hard on my reds would ya'?" Just kind of joking around and being nice, he gives me a dirty look and says "THATS MY JOB!"

Weird guy. Just goes to show ya not everyone has a sense of humor. I hate his stupid New Yorker accent, and I am sick of hearing how he's not really a reds fan but a yankees. He gives me the same turn off that the Two Angry guys finally have, they're not reds fans and they don't really know the team.

StillFunkyB
04-12-2006, 09:02 AM

HAHAHA....Good Stuff!

minus5
04-12-2006, 09:07 AM
[QUOTE=KearnsyEars]I CAN'T STAND THE FURR BALL

One time I saw him in the Red's dugout last year before a game when I was in the diamond seats. I said "Hey Andy, quit being so hard on my reds would ya'?" Just kind of joking around and being nice, he gives me a dirty look and says "THATS MY JOB!"
QUOTE]

Yeah, unless they happen to be in the same room with him or on the phone and then he gushes about them. Worthless :thumbdown

Ron Madden
04-13-2006, 03:12 AM
Tonight Furman took a call from a guy bashing Jason LaRue.

They came to an agreement that Jason is a below average catcher and terrible hitter.

The caller claims he could hit .210 in the Majors. Furball claims that he and the caller both could hit .210 in MLB with professional coaching.

That was enough for me to turn the dial.

TC81190
04-13-2006, 08:11 AM
Tonight Furman took a call from a guy bashing Jason LaRue.

They came to an agreement that Jason is a below average catcher and terrible hitter.

The caller claims he could hit .210 in the Majors. Furball claims that he and the caller both could hit .210 in MLB with professional coaching.

That was enough for me to turn the dial.

What this caller and the Furball couldn't do is get on base at a 360 clip.

corkedbat
04-13-2006, 10:59 AM
They might call any other member of our bullpen a closer and they'd still be wrong. :laugh: