We're still booing him?

Okay...

SunDeck
04-13-2006, 06:09 AM
Who?

registerthis
04-13-2006, 09:54 AM
Why the hate on Graves? Seriously.

I've got many happy memories of Graves as a Reds fan. His exit from the team was less than cerimonial, but some people here are treating him as if he killed their firstborn.

It's sad what has happened to his career, and I don't take any enjoyment from it.

Big Klu
04-13-2006, 10:38 AM

I've got many happy memories of Graves as a Reds fan. His exit from the team was less than cerimonial, but some people here are treating him as if he killed their firstborn.

It's sad what has happened to his career, and I don't take any enjoyment from it.

It is more than how he left the team. It is about his penchant for blaming the fans when things went wrong for him, and it is also about derogatory comments he publicly made--on more than one occasion--about fans who are from the Appalachian region. For that offense, I have actively rooted against him at every opportunity, and will continue to do so until he is out of the game.

westofyou
04-13-2006, 10:41 AM

Money can't buy you class, being a Red can't buy you respect.

http://reds.enquirer.com/2004/03/01/gravesrolls301.jpg

ochre
04-13-2006, 10:46 AM
Money can't buy you class, being a Red can't buy you respect.

http://reds.enquirer.com/2004/03/01/gravesrolls301.jpg
He looks a lot skinnier without all the tatoos.

Chip R
04-13-2006, 11:20 AM

Yeah, I remember when he got his first tatoo. Good times. Good times. :cry:

I think a big problem people had with Graves is his attitude. When he was going well his lackadasical attitude was not a problem. But when he did poorly it appeared that he did not care to improve himself. He started to get more and more out of shape. I would read about it here but thought it may be an exaggeration till I visited the Reds HOF & Museum. On the first floor to the west side of the theater there is a huge picture of Danny up there from 4-5 years ago. The difference in his physique from then to now is striking. He even said it himself this spring that he had come in out of shape in the past. Not like he's really in shape now but you would think that he would try to be in the best shape of his life if he were floundering. Shows a lack of caring just like his comments to Eric Milton about there being no pressure to win here showed lack of caring. Danny felt he could coast on his past successes and still draw that big paycheck. He blamed everyone for his drop in efficiency except himself. Worst of all he implored the fans not to boo when he performed badly. Not that I'm in favor of booing, but that's just basically telling the fans what to do - or in this case, what not to do when they pay good money to go to a game and express themselves. Now the guy who insulted Graves enough for him to flip him the bird should have been kicked out of the stadium but Graves handled it poorly. There are people who call Jr. names and we never even see him acknowledge them much less flip them off. I remember the good games Danny had while he was here so I can't really go into hater status with him but I'm amused that someone actually feels he can still pitch effectively in the major leagues.

MartyFan
04-13-2006, 11:23 AM
2006 Danny Graves; Feeling Small Tour...does it end here?

registerthis
04-13-2006, 11:33 AM
There are people who call Jr. names and we never even see him acknowledge them much less flip them off. I remember the good games Danny had while he was here so I can't really go into hater status with him but I'm amused that someone actually feels he can still pitch effectively in the major leagues.

I just wanted to comment on this...we don't know what was said to Graves that caused him to react the way he did. It's easy to say that Player X should just "be professional" when someone says somethign about his mother, but it's far easier said than done. I'll never forget David Wells story of what was said to him after his mother had passed away.

Boo his performance while he was a Red all you want, but I don't understand going after him now that he's long-since left the club. Just seems like unnecessary overkill to me.

Chip R
04-13-2006, 11:57 AM
I just wanted to comment on this...we don't know what was said to Graves that caused him to react the way he did. It's easy to say that Player X should just "be professional" when someone says somethign about his mother, but it's far easier said than done. I'll never forget David Wells story of what was said to him after his mother had passed away.

I'm not excusing the guy who yelled whatever at Graves. But he wasn't the first player to be heckled in that manner. Hey, at least he didn't pull a Ty Cobb and go up innthe stands and beat up a guy who called him a half-(black).

paintmered
04-13-2006, 12:04 PM
Boo his performance while he was a Red all you want, but I don't understand going after him now that he's long-since left the club. Just seems like unnecessary overkill to me.

I agree.

uks2h
04-13-2006, 12:16 PM
I am comforted to know that Graves still sucks. I hate him. I don't care if we never have a real closer again, as long as I don't have to see Danny Graves walk on our mound. I have been to so many games and watch Graves blow it.