PDA

View Full Version : The ATF will keep your college campus safe from ninjas

savafan
04-13-2006, 03:33 AM
I really don't know what to say about this.

http://media.redandblack.com/vimages/shared/vnews/stories/443c71ed40b94-32-1.jpg
This photo, taken by a student’s camera phone, shows ATF officials pinning down Jeremiah Ransom in front of Snelling dining hall. He was coming from a pirate vs. ninja event at the Wesley Foundation and was not arrested.

http://randb.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2006/04/12/443c71ed40b94

By CAROLINE ERVIN
Published , April 12, 2006, 06:00:01 AM EDT

ATF agents are always on alert for anything suspicious — including ninjas.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearm agents, on campus Tuesday for Project Safe Neighborhoods training, detained a “suspicious individual” near the Georgia Center, University Police Chief Jimmy Williamson said.

Jeremiah Ransom, a sophomore from Macon, was leaving a Wesley Foundation pirate vs. ninja event when he was detained.

After being held in investigative detention, he was found to have violated no criminal laws and was not arrested.

“It was surreal,” Ransom said. “I was jogging from Wesley to Snelling when I heard someone yell ‘freeze.’”

Ransom said he thought a friend was playing a joke before he realized officers had guns drawn and pointed at him.

ATF agents had noticed Ransom’s suspicious behavior and clothing and gave chase, apprehending him, Williamson said.

“Agents noticed someone wearing a bandanna across the face and acting in a somewhat suspicious manner, peeping around the corner,” said ATF special agent in charge Vanessa McLemore.

Ransom was wearing black sweatpants and an athletic T-shirt with one red bandanna covering the bottom half of his face and another covering the top of his head, Williamson said.

“Seeing someone with something across the face, from a federal standpoint — that’s not right,” McLemore said, explaining why agents believed something to be amiss.

Agents noticed Ransom peering around a corner and said when police sirens sounded, he took off running.

After chasing Ransom and identifying themselves, ATF agents detained him, turning him over once University Police arrived, McLemore said.

Ransom said Williamson told him the incident should not have been handled in such a manner and he would file a complaint with the ATF.

“I was in shock, to say the least,” Ransom said.

KronoRed
04-13-2006, 03:42 AM
Can't trust ninjas

Or shrubs.

savafan
04-13-2006, 03:50 AM
Can't trust ninjas

Or shrubs.

Or moving shrubs for that matter.

Caveat Emperor
04-13-2006, 03:55 AM
The ATF was just lucky this wasn't a real ninja.

A real ninja would've flipped out and killed everyone on the campus, then pulled out his guitar and written a song about it.

Chip R
04-13-2006, 11:05 AM
Sure, they attack the ninjas but the pirates go free. I call shenanigans on the ATF.

Yachtzee
04-13-2006, 11:37 AM
Arrrrgh. Serves 'em right, bloody ninjas.

Johnny Footstool
04-13-2006, 12:03 PM
Ninjas vs. Pirates would be a blowout anyway. Ninjas vs. Robots would be a better matchup.

Jaycint
04-13-2006, 12:09 PM
The ATF was just lucky this wasn't a real ninja.

A real ninja would've flipped out and killed everyone on the campus, then pulled out his guitar and written a song about it.

I heard a ninja killed someone one time just for dropping their fork at a diner. Or something like that.

MrCinatit
04-13-2006, 12:14 PM
Those who remember the original The Tick comics know he had a large problem with those stupid ninjas.
Yeah. That's who we need. The Tick.

Yachtzee
04-13-2006, 12:21 PM
Ninjas: 9
Pirates: 2

WP: Donatello
LP: Maholm
S: Horu

Injuries: Randa (HBTS - Hit by Throwing Star), Bay (Knee to Groin), Wilson (Solar Plexus)

paintmered
04-13-2006, 12:36 PM
The Wesley Foundation has been training ninjas for decades. That whole collegiate ministry thing they promote is apparently just a cover.

pedro
04-13-2006, 12:39 PM
The guys hands are already tied behind his back. I don;t see a lot of reasons why they have to do the knee to the neck thing.

paintmered
04-13-2006, 12:40 PM
The guys hands are already tied behind his back. I don;t see a lot of reasons why they have to do the knee to the neck thing.

You can never be too sure when dealing with a ninja.

Puffy
04-13-2006, 12:58 PM

Yup - Haru woulda taught those ATF cats a lesson.

vaticanplum
04-13-2006, 01:01 PM
I'm a ninja. I learned how to scale walls in school. Seriously.

That said, I didn't understand a word of this thread.

Chip R
04-13-2006, 01:05 PM

Man, you ain't lying.

pedro
04-13-2006, 01:05 PM

Especially if they are mutant teenage turtles.

Roy Tucker
04-13-2006, 01:22 PM
I'm a ninja. I learned how to scale walls in school. Seriously.

I learned how to scale walls in Explorers. Rappel cliffs actually.

Also learned how to scale fish.

RedFanAlways1966
04-13-2006, 01:40 PM
Agents noticed Ransom peering around a corner and said when police sirens sounded, he took off running.

After chasing Ransom...

Take off running (look guilty?) while walking around in a young kid's halloween costume?

Some advice for the running-man-child... (1) Do not run from authorities. Perhaps the pictiure above would not look so bad if dummy did not run form the ATF (called common sense). (2) Do not walk around in public with a kid's halloween costume on. If you have to attend your little ninja meeting during the day, then change clothes before walking home (called common sense). (3) The ATF deals with lots of very-very bad people. People who will use any tactic (even dressing like a kid at Halloween) to fool the ATF. Add to that the afore-mentioned #1 and you will get put down on the ground and handcuffed... and maybe a knee on your back.

Perhaps when man-child grows up (if he does), he will use common sense. My guess... man-child has had a few other attention-getting-incidents in his past. Things that call attention to himself. Just a guess, but one that I'd bet money on in a heartbeat.

pedro
04-13-2006, 01:46 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/37/Mr_Bookman_Seinfeld_The_Libary.PNG/200px-Mr_Bookman_Seinfeld_The_Libary.PNG

RedFanAlways1966
04-13-2006, 01:52 PM
Thanks, Newman! :beerme:

westofyou
04-13-2006, 02:05 PM
Our future cultures running man.

http://www.filmrot.com/images/rm_3.jpg

StillFunkyB
04-13-2006, 11:21 PM
Take off running (look guilty?) while walking around in a young kid's halloween costume?

Some advice for the running-man-child... (1) Do not run from authorities. Perhaps the pictiure above would not look so bad if dummy did not run form the ATF (called common sense). (2) Do not walk around in public with a kid's halloween costume on. If you have to attend your little ninja meeting during the day, then change clothes before walking home (called common sense). (3) The ATF deals with lots of very-very bad people. People who will use any tactic (even dressing like a kid at Halloween) to fool the ATF. Add to that the afore-mentioned #1 and you will get put down on the ground and handcuffed... and maybe a knee on your back.

Perhaps when man-child grows up (if he does), he will use common sense. My guess... man-child has had a few other attention-getting-incidents in his past. Things that call attention to himself. Just a guess, but one that I'd bet money on in a heartbeat.

I pretty much agree, but let me say this...

I got pulled over by a policeman coming home from work one night when I was 16. I had noticed the police car turn around and start to follow me right after I pulled out of the parking lot from work. I stopped at Dairy Mart to get an iced tea. When I left Dairy Mart (very well lit area) I had forgotton to turn on my headlights. Well I was watching the police car behind me (he had turned into the bank on the other side of the street while I was in the store) follow me all the way to my street. I turned, and just as I am in front of my house he puts his lights on so I turned in the driveway. He starts speaking very firmly to me about how I need to pull over right away for emergency vehicles, and I told him I did, then he tried to tell me that he had them on all the way from Dairy Mart. Then he asks me how much I had to drink. I still had my stinking Burger King uniform on, and he followed me the ENTIRE way home. I wanted to say "You freakin followed me the entire time, how much do YOU think I have had to drink", but my stepdad walked out of the house just before I got myself in trouble by saying that.

Anyhoo, what I am getting at, is that it is very possible that he was running already.

Ok, enough bable....