PDA

View Full Version : Unis -- dumping the black and adding NAVY BLUE?!

Pages : 1 [2]

bounty37h
06-02-2006, 04:52 PM
I keep seeing people say the blue confuses em with the Cubs. When I was growing up, dad got me into the Reds, and collecting baseball cards. When I would look at his old cards, i would often get the Reds and old Indians uniforms, moreso the hats mixed up all the time.

NavyRedsFan
06-02-2006, 07:17 PM
Why Navy? What's wrong with Air Force blue? ;)
Oh no!!! We must use NAVY if we use any blue at all!:) :laugh:
No disrespect to our USAF friends:beerme:

remdog
06-02-2006, 11:23 PM
I always liked this style, growing up in the 60's.

http://www.mirandala.org/images/pete%20rose.jpg

http://www.vintagecardtraders.org/virtual/64topps/64topps-420.jpg

Yeah, I liked them too. It's one of the reasons I don't want to see the vest discontinued. I also liked the pin-stripes.

Rem

Ltlabner
06-02-2006, 11:28 PM
I love the unis in post #243 and would like to see the white hats with red pinstripes back. I think I might be repeeting myself there, but it's late and I'm tired.

That being typed, the "gothic" looking C on the hat in post #224 is pretty cool too.

Overall, I like the "old time" or retro looking uniforms very much in general. I would be happy with the unis that GAC posted in #242. I'm just glad that BC has been making a big push to focus on the tradional so I think in general, if you like the retro uniforms, you're going to be happy in the years to come.

Ron Madden
06-03-2006, 04:09 AM
Yeah, I liked them too. It's one of the reasons I don't want to see the vest discontinued. I also liked the pin-stripes.

Rem

I'd like to see white vest and white pants without the pinstrpes. Red lettering, red undershirts, red socks and red caps and batting helmets with white wishbone "C".

GAC
06-03-2006, 06:18 AM

Rem

Just make sure they aren't made of the same heavy uniform (wool blend?) that was hotter then hades (and they itched too... remember them as a kid)! :lol:

I bought an authentic 1964 Reds hat a couple years ago... and man was it hot!