PDA

View Full Version : Reds in the lead

MartyFan
04-13-2006, 06:30 PM
At this point in the season, the Reds are in the lead for the NL wildcard!

We'll keep an eye on this all year long and provide timely updates as they become available.:D

Fullboat
04-13-2006, 06:36 PM
I would love to hear that in Sept.Imagine Redzoners talking about what would be more
benificial winning the Division or getting the Wildcard based on possible Opp.

Patrick Bateman
04-13-2006, 07:02 PM
We are now tied for lead in the division with the Brewers after seeing the Astros lose.

RedFanAlways1966
04-13-2006, 09:08 PM
And give it up for the starting pitchers. We all know the REDS can score... unless Greg Maddux (or V. Santos) is pitching. Starting pitching... REDS fans say, "What's that?" The starters (Arroyo/Claussen/Milton) during the Cubs series (w/ the Wrigley wind, REDS hit 9 HRs):

* 3GS, 18.2IP, 17H, 5ER, 12K, 4BB, 1HR, 2.41 ERA, 1.13 WHIP.

Starters after 9 games
* 4.25 ERA, 1.18 WHIP. 55.6% quality starts.
* Have allowed only 1 more hit than innings pitched (56H/55IP).
* Ks-to-BBs... 43K - 9BB.
>> Also have hit 10% of the team's HRs so far! :)

The starters have been tough. Milton & Arroyo have been tough. Claussen has pitched good enough to win, but the bullpen and an offense-n-defense-combo each doomed his chances to get a win. Williams also pitched decent enough to win in his lone start.

This team still may have a bullpen problem, but the starting staff has been a pleasant surprise so far. It is something that has plagued this team for a long time. The probabilities may catch up to the starters... but so far, so good! And this 1st place stuff is nice too.

:thumbup:

wheels
04-13-2006, 09:30 PM
The numbers have been good, no question.

Let's see what happens against teams with more formidable lineups.

The Cubs and Pirates will struggle to score runs all season long.

Caveat Emperor
04-13-2006, 09:51 PM
April 13th, 2004: Cincinnati is 5-2 after Paul Wilson notched his 2nd victory of the season in 4-1 win over Philly. Wilson went 7.1, allowing only 1 run on 6 hits. Graves with his 4th save.

April 13th, 2002: Cincinnati is 7-4 following a Joey Hamilton victory over the the Phillies. Ruben Mateo doubled in Barry Larkin and Hamilton in the 5th to break a 2-2 tie.

The names cange, the end result always remains the same. I'd like nothing more for this team to be successful, but my heart and my head both tell me that this will pass -- Eric Milton didn't stop being Eric Milton in the offseason and the bullpen is scary enough to induce children into eating vegetables.

It's a long season...we'll revisit this topic in late May and see where things are.