PDA

View Full Version : Which SS do I sign from Free Agency

KearnsyEars
04-14-2006, 11:32 AM
Jack Wilson from Pittsburgh or Jason Smith Colorado?

Red Leader
04-14-2006, 11:39 AM
Well, neither is a long term solution.

Jack Wilson is a full time starter and is playing well right now.

Jason Smith has played real well lately, but he's not a guaranteed everyday starter. That's unfortunate because Colorado is starting a 9 game homestand today, and he would have been the better play.

Because Wilson will likely play everyday, and he's playing well right now, he'd be my choice.

BuckeyeRedleg
04-14-2006, 01:08 PM
I think George Grande mentioned last weekend that Wilson spent a lot of time in the weightroom in the off-season and if you watched the series, you could see his arms looked much bigger.

He's pretty young (28 I think) and he put up decent numbers in 2004. Yeah, he was horrendous last year, but I really think a year like that "wakes up" certain players, and upon seeing his new muscle-bound build, I bet that's what it did for him. I think he has career high numbers across the board this year (15-20 HR's). Looking at Smith, he's 29, and a career journeyman that has had one good week in his career. His career has been putrid up to this point.

Coindentally, I just dropped Smith (whom I picked up last week) in order to pick up Wilson yesterday. Now, I'm trying to decide if I should start Wilson or J.J. Hardy. I guess it will have to be day-to-day, depending on matchups.

edabbs44
04-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Wilson b/c Smith is done starting.