PDA

View Full Version : Trade Rumor Talk - REDS & Marlins

RedFanAlways1966
04-14-2006, 02:01 PM
A caller on WLW SportsTalk last night who claimed to be from South Florida mentioned that the Cards & REDS were in trade talks w/ the Marlins for Dontrelle Willis. The REDS talk..

* Dontrelle Willis & Miguel Cabrera for Austin Kearns, Edwin Encarnacion and Ryan Wagner.

Only talk on the radio from an unknown. I am sure most here would do this deal in a heartbeat.... I know I would. The REDS would have to add payroll to do it, which always makes you wonder about the validity of the rumor.

NewEraReds
04-14-2006, 02:04 PM
A caller on WLW SportsTalk last night who claimed to be from South Florida mentioned that the Cards & REDS were in trade talks w/ the Marlins for Dontrelle Willis. The REDS talk..

* Dontrelle Willis & Miguel Cabrera for Austin Kearns, Edwin Encarnacion and Ryan Wagner.

Only talk on the radio from an unknown. I am sure most here would do this deal in a heartbeat.... I know I would. The REDS would have to add payroll to do it, which always makes you wonder about the validity of the rumor.
no offense, but the marlins are probably laughing their arses off if they have read this. that is so funny

Red Leader
04-14-2006, 02:05 PM
That's a no brainer.

Gammons said this morning the the Marlins had not opened any discussions for either player. He said that unless they are going to be contracted, it would be foolish to do so, and they won't know for sure if that will be the case until probably the off season. If they can't get a new park, or re-locate then they possibly could be contracted.

If they ARE going to get a new park, or re-locate they won't be any good to anybody without Willis and Cabrera, who are under their control for the next 3years.

I put NO stock into any trade rumors involving these two, personally. I think there is less than 1% chance that either of them are traded beofre the season is over.

RedsManRick
Florida would have to be ridiculously stupid to entertain that deal. Three prospects with a lot of upside but a lot still to prove for 2 proven all-stars? Yes please!!!

edabbs44
That might be the biggest joke ever...if Florida even talked about that it should be done immediately.

ED44
I can't imagine this trade being possible, with only those players involved. I would think it would take more than that to even reel in Dontrelle....throw in Homer and it's still iffy...especially getting Cabrera with him.

NatiRedGals
04-14-2006, 02:06 PM
LOL Dude im dreaming thank you for this! :) haha I love this if it dose happen ill die and fly to every game!

BuckWoody
04-14-2006, 02:10 PM
Sounds like a sweet deal. Any chance they throw in Joe Morgan and Jack Billingham? :)

redsfan30
04-14-2006, 02:12 PM
If Wayne Krivsky could pull such a one-sided deal like that, the General Manger of the Year award should immedietly be re-named the Krivsky Award.

Caseyfan21
04-14-2006, 02:13 PM
Yeah, that package wouldn't get one of those players. I don't think the Reds have enough warm prospect bodies for what it would cost to get both of them. It would take EdE, Homer, Wood, Bruce at least not even counting others.

If we could just go after Willis I would be in favor of that but I don't think either one would be dealt until after this year anyways.

KearnsyEars
04-14-2006, 02:17 PM
Neither Dontrelle or Cabrera are going anywhere. The bigger question is what will happen wiht the Marlins?

Are they going to get a new stadium built?

gonelong
04-14-2006, 02:17 PM
A caller on WLW SportsTalk ...

Thanks for the qualification. :p:

Krusty
04-14-2006, 02:37 PM
Marlins would get more in return if they traded Willis and Cabrera in separate deals.

KearnsyEars
04-14-2006, 02:37 PM
I think they'll keep them both for the long run if they can just manage to get a new ballpark

RedFanAlways1966
04-14-2006, 02:44 PM
So I take it we don't need to run a poll to see how Zoners feel about the validity of this rumor!??!! :)

KearnsyEars
04-14-2006, 02:46 PM
So I take it we don't need to run a poll to see how Zoners feel about the validity of this rumor!??!! :)

ummmmmmm?

membengal
04-14-2006, 02:46 PM
Next, the Reds will trade Hatteberg, Aurilia, Dave Williams and Jay Bruce to the Cards for Albert Pujols. That has about as much of a chance of happening as the above rumor does...

reds44
04-14-2006, 02:48 PM
It would be alittle more realistic if it was for one of them, but not both.

KronoRed
04-14-2006, 03:41 PM
Dan O doesn't work for Florida.

savafan
04-14-2006, 03:51 PM
The way I heard it, the Marlins are getting GABP as well.

KronoRed
04-14-2006, 03:52 PM
The way I heard it, the Marlins are getting GABP as well.
and the Dolphins get PBS

corkedbat
04-14-2006, 03:57 PM
Why would the fish do that deal? Cabrera > Kearns, so why include him why not Kerans, EdE & Wagner for Willis (which is patently ridiculously also) for that matter?

icehole3
04-14-2006, 03:58 PM
Neither Dontrelle or Cabrera are going anywhere. The bigger question is what will happen wiht the Marlins?

Are they going to get a new stadium built?

Probably not. Jeb Bush is more concerned with the upcoming Hurricane season than dishing out 100 of millions for a baseball team.

KronoRed
04-14-2006, 04:02 PM
I think they'll keep them both for the long run if they can just manage to get a new ballpark
They won't in that town, they are westward bound.

RedFanAlways1966
04-14-2006, 04:52 PM
Why would the fish do that deal? Cabrera > Kearns, so why include him why not Kerans, EdE & Wagner for Willis (which is patently ridiculously also) for that matter?

Perhaps to save money (it's the Marlins). I believe Cabrera and Willis both inked new contracts recently.