PDA

View Full Version : Lineup notes for tonight

reds44
04-14-2006, 06:36 PM
Also, Griffey is not in the starting lineup tonight. Still feeling a little stiffness. Freel will start in center, with Womack at second. Encarnacion is batting cleanup, FYI.

-marc

Womack and Freel starting, with EE batting cleanup. Interesting. Either Womack is batting lower in the lineup, or Felipe is batting 3rd with Dunn 5th?? I have to think Womack is batting lower in the lineup.

Good to see EE back in there and Jerry having enough faith in him to bat him cleanup.

flyer85
04-14-2006, 06:39 PM
Also, Griffey is not in the starting lineup tonight. Still feeling a little stiffness. Using recent history as a guide the likely scenario is Jr misses the StL series and the Florida series before going on the DL. Why the Reds would even mess with a potential leg problem with his injury history is beyond me.

Falls City Beer
04-14-2006, 06:42 PM
Actually I think Narron's benching of EE yesterday followed by the great confidence shown with the cleanup spot tonight is an example of great young player management.

Hats off to Narron on that one. Sure as hell beats the erratic and silly demotions and massage-chair-gate approaches of last year.

KronoRed
04-14-2006, 06:43 PM
Re: JR

I hope not, but recent history says you're right.

reds44
04-14-2006, 06:44 PM
Actually I think Narron's benching of EE yesterday followed by the great confidence shown with the cleanup spot tonight is an example of great young player management.

Hats off to Narron on that one. Sure as hell beats the erratic and silly demotions and massage-chair-gate approaches of last year.
Yes, actually I agree with you on this one.

Teach him a lesson by benching him yesterday, but then come back right away by showing your confidence in him by batting him 4th.

Hats off to Jerry on this one.

KronoRed
04-14-2006, 06:46 PM
What does Rich think about it? :evi:

Tommyjohn25
04-14-2006, 06:46 PM
For once I think Jr will actually be fine. If they didn't even feel the need to do an MRI, then I don't think we should be all that concerned.

Buckeye33
04-14-2006, 06:47 PM
My guess...

1. Freel CF
2. Lopez SS
3. Dunn LF
4. Encarnacion 3B
5. Hatteberg 1B
6. Kearns RF
7. Womack 2B
8. Valentin C
9. Harang P