PDA

View Full Version : Belisle

Dunner44
04-15-2006, 06:07 PM
I saw his line for today... 3 innings, 2 hits, 2 BBs and 2 Ks, 0 ER. For those who were able to watch the game, how did he look? I know he got roughed up last time, so I'm hoping that was an hiccup. He was good in middle relief and as the 7th inning guy last year. He can do a lot, and I wonder why Narron turns to guys like burns or White when MB is available.

Oh, and props to Hammond for getting through an inning without an ER or a hit or even a BB. His ERA is down to a blazing 36!

flyer85
04-15-2006, 06:16 PM
Had a good fastball and decent location. Had trouble with command of his offspeed stuff, not surprising with his lack of work.

He has potential but to this point the Reds don't seem interested in finding out.

kyred14
04-15-2006, 06:31 PM
He should be the fifth starter.

StillFunkyB
04-15-2006, 06:41 PM
It may have been that I was actually at the game, but it seemed like he was throwing harder than what I have seen from him on TV in the past.

He looked good, and was poping Mike Burns mitt during long toss.

Aronchis
04-15-2006, 06:42 PM
He needs to get his fastball back up into the 93-94 range, he started out only hitting 89-90 but got back up to 92 before he left for Burns to get burned.

Striking out Pujols made him flow with confidence however. Power it up Matt.

James B.
04-15-2006, 07:18 PM
I know he did'nt give up any runs but the Cardinals were hitting him hard. He did'nt fool anybody today they just hit balls right at people.

Redmachine2003
04-15-2006, 07:23 PM
I know he did'nt give up any runs but the Cardinals were hitting him hard. He did'nt fool anybody today they just hit balls right at people.
Maybe I was seeing a different Reds game but I thought he pitched very well. I didn't see him get hit hard.

KySteveH
04-15-2006, 08:18 PM
Looked good. Fastball at 92 is a good place for him. I really didn't see good movement on the breaking ball at all though. I was watching at home, so that does make it tough to judge.

I just think Belisle is more suited to be a closer, and I think he'll get his shot yet this year.

Falls City Beer
04-15-2006, 08:20 PM
Belisle didn't look great, but he was giving the Cards quite a different look after Williams.

He had an excellent sequence against Pujols--looked like he actually had a plan of attack--which is rare for this pitching staff.

2001MUgrad
04-15-2006, 09:13 PM
He needs to work on pitch location a little bit better. His pitches have some decent movement on them, but that 69 MPH sinker, slider whatever it is will get hammered if he continues to leave it up in the strike zone. It was very effective ala John Franco when it started out about knee high though. He didn't look bad, but didn't look great either.

big boy
04-15-2006, 11:42 PM

Agreed.