PDA

View Full Version : Should I pick up Clemens??

Buckeye33
04-16-2006, 04:12 PM
Clemens was just dropped to the waiver wire in one of my leagues. I am debating if I should try to pick him up and hope he comes back.

Guys I'd debate dropping to pick him up are....

Blanton
Polanco
Weeks
Winn

My current starters are:

Lackey
Haren
Patterson
Blanton
Buerhle

and I have Liriano just waiting to dominate.

Pitching stats are W, CG, SV, ERA, K, BB, HR

Should I try to pick him up?

Reds Nd2
04-16-2006, 05:46 PM
I think Clemens will return, I just don't know when. I don't think he'll sign untill late in the season. Maybe by the trade deadline?!?

I wouldn't give up much to get him, but that's just my opinion. My league doesn't have bench spots, so there's no place to hide him untill he returns. Your situation may be different. Good luck.

Red Leader
04-17-2006, 04:59 PM
I think you could risk dropping Polanco and Winn for him, if you've got the bench space.

It's early. There should be just as valuable players as those for your bench down the road should you need them.

kheidg-
04-17-2006, 05:31 PM
I too would drop Winn and Polanco and pick up Clemens and see what happens. If he doesn't return you can always find a replacement of close to similar value of the 2 you are considering dropping.

Buckeye33
04-17-2006, 05:59 PM
I went ahead and put in a claim for Clemens with me dropping Winn. I'm in the middle of the pack in the waiver wire claim so we'll see what happens tomorrow.