PDA

View Full Version : Went to the Red Sox Game at Fenway Today

Boston Red
04-16-2006, 06:22 PM
And Pena was loudly booed by the Red Sox faithful every time he was involved in a play the whole game. Especially after he misplayed a double along the funky Fenway RF wall for an error. Later, he fielded a routine single to right and was given a sarcastic standing O by the Fenway faithful.

In any event, after seeing the atmosphere at Fenway today, I just don't see how it's going to work out for Pena up here. I think the Sox will end up selling Pena for pennies on the dollar, and I sure wouldn't mind if the Reds got him back for a song.

crazyredsfan
04-16-2006, 09:40 PM
I think that after this year, most other teams may not be that hot for him either

RedsMan3203
04-16-2006, 10:14 PM
Its Destiny for Pena to come baack to Cincinnati.

:cool:

(check that, its a Arroyo song)

2001MUgrad
04-16-2006, 10:40 PM
Poor Wily Mo. I wonder what could have been if he would have been able to play those 2 years in the minors and get better, rather than sitting on the Cincy Bench.

indyred
04-16-2006, 11:03 PM
They are bitter...........Arroyo was a fan favorite out there..........

Redeye fly
04-16-2006, 11:14 PM
I remember how much Edgar Renteria struggled and had a tough time with that atmosphere in Boston last year. They may bury poor Wily Mo.

vaticanplum
04-17-2006, 10:11 AM
If he has one big homer at the right time (which is certainly feasible), he'll be right back in their good graces. It's early yet and no matter how I may feel about Boston fans, they have great capacity to love their players.

westofyou
04-17-2006, 10:17 AM
after he misplayed a double along the funky Fenway RF wall for an error. Asking Pena to play the crazy RF of Fenway will be one thing that can be seen as a linchpin in this deal for the Red Sox. If it fails then they are stuck with another DH in their park.

Chip R
04-17-2006, 10:28 AM
And I thought they adored him.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44545&page=8

blumj
04-17-2006, 02:16 PM
He got a huge hand being announced as a pinch hitter in the 9th, but maybe that was just because he was hitting for Alex Cora. Or they like him at the plate a lot more than in RF.

By the way, I don't know if anyone's interested, but since he's a local, Kevin Youkilis is playing really well, at the plate and especially in the field.

Heath
04-17-2006, 02:24 PM
Gotta Love Patriots' Day in Boston - talk about a "get-away" day - 11am for a game!

ESPN used to show that game the past few years, but not today. Rats. Something about a live baseball game when you get up just seems right.

Unlike the NFL which played a game in Japan to have it shown live at 7am. Now THAT'S a good one!