PDA

View Full Version : Stupid umpiring decison in Dodgers vs. Giants game

savafan
04-17-2006, 12:00 AM
Was watching the game when Jeff Kent got beaned in the head in the bottom of the seventh inning by Hennessey. No warnings were given out by the umpires afterward, and Kent left the game to be examined.

Top of the eight, Barry Bonds is leading off. Hamulack gets one strike on him before a slightly inside pitch hits Barry on his body armor he wears on his arm. Barry laughs and the umpire ejects Hamulack.

No way that was intentional. Stupid call by the umpire.

KronoRed
04-17-2006, 12:01 AM
If it wasn't Bonds I bet he's not kicked.

Caseyfan21
04-17-2006, 01:19 AM
Even funnier was Bonds deciding to leave the game after getting hit by the pitch. Give me a break...that ball hit him in the forearm, hardly a place where it would hurt him that much. Kent got hit in the head and it seemed he wanted to stay in the game while Bonds leans into an upper 80's fastball and then decides he isn't up for playing anymore.

I also loved the comments in the game about how Bonds just doesn't seem to be getting that extra 20 feet of carry on the ball he has in years in past. I wonder why?

savafan
04-17-2006, 01:23 AM
Bonds left the game because he's like noodles in the drain on the basepaths.

He's breaking down, it is both sad and amusing to watch at the same time. A self induced human tragedy.

BoomerSoonerRed
04-17-2006, 01:28 AM
Even funnier was Bonds deciding to leave the game after getting hit by the pitch. Give me a break...that ball hit him in the forearm, hardly a place where it would hurt him that much. Kent got hit in the head and it seemed he wanted to stay in the game while Bonds leans into an upper 80's fastball and then decides he isn't up for playing anymore.

Well, if you can get hurt "washing" your truck like Kent did, then you can play through any type of pain.:laugh:

SirFelixCat
04-17-2006, 08:08 AM
Bonds left the game because he's like noodles in the drain on the basepaths.

He's breaking down, it is both sad and amusing to watch at the same time. A self induced human tragedy.

Well put, Sava.

TeamBoone
04-17-2006, 03:15 PM
I blame this one on the umpiring as well.

04-17-2006

Running gaffe turns home run into single
By David Ginsburg / Associated Press

BALTIMORE - It might have been the longest single in Javy Lopez's career. Without question, it was the most disappointing.

Lopez hit a pitch from John Lackey into the seats at Camden Yards on Sunday, but a confusing series of events caused him to pass teammate Miguel Tejada on the bases. Lopez was ruled out at second base, a key play in the Baltimore Orioles' 9-3 loss to the Los Angeles Angels.

The base-running gaffe occurred in the second inning. After Tejada singled, Lopez hit a drive to center that sent Darin Erstad leaping at the wall to make the catch. When Erstad tumbled to the ground - his leg twisted awkwardly underneath him - it was uncertain whether he caught the ball.

By the time Erstad showed his empty glove, Tejada had retreated from second base and was passed by Lopez, who was credited with an RBI single and called out for passing the runner.

Said Lopez: "One umpire called an out, so obviously Tejada went back to first base. Then the other umpire said the ball was out. But by the time he made the call, I had already passed Tejada."

By rule, Lopez was called out at second base.

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060417/SPT0501/604170313/1027