PDA

View Full Version : Homers, The Long Ball, Jimmy Jack, Big Flys, Cowhide Joyrides........

Keithwg_24
04-17-2006, 10:44 AM
call it what you will but some alarming early season #'s in baseball, as you all know HR's are flying out at a phenomenal rate this early.

Pujols - 12 games - 8 HR's
Shelton - 12 games - 8 HR's
Dunn - 12 games - 7 HR's (also 18k's out of 42 AB's...if he cuts those just in half, i'm betting he has 2-3 more homers, unreal)
Hafner - 12 games - 7 HR's
Thome - 12 games - 7 HR's
Berkman - 12 games - 6 HR's

What's crazy is that as of today there are TWENTY NINE players with *at least* 4 HR's :eek: and nobody has played more than 13 games and many have only played 11. That's a pace of 54+ HR's for the year, now we all know this will not keep up, but when is the last time 29 effing people started off this hot, not since I can remember. Either everyone has jumped from roids to HGH (which isn't tested for in MLB) or it's an effect of the pitchers no longer being on Roids (Mark Mulder topped out at 83 yesterday) or it's juiced balls (for all you conspiracy theorists) or it's simply a combination of the hitters being more ready and the weather, I hope it's the latter, but who knows........

shredda2000
04-17-2006, 12:05 PM
Dunn is on the pace for 94 HRs and 243 strikeouts! WOW!!!

Keithwg_24
04-17-2006, 01:10 PM
even funnier........

Pujols is on pace for

108 HR's, 229 RBI's, 175 walks, 27 Steals

0bviously this is all tongue in cheek as it will never continue (....well, unless he played us everyday), but it's still amazing how fast these guys have jumped out of the gate

RedsManRick
04-17-2006, 01:13 PM
If there are still more than 20 guys on pace for 50+ homers a month from now, then you have reason to be concerned. For now, sample size, sample size, sample size. Factor in unseasonably warm weather and there's no way to draw conclusions. That some of the games premier power guys (and Chris Shelton) are hitting lots of homers does not surprise me.