PDA

View Full Version : Trade Proposal

Johnny Footstool
04-17-2006, 01:34 PM
I'm proposing a trade to a guy in our points-based league.

My roster:

C J. Willingham
1B A. Pujols
2B C. Utley
3B C. Tracy
SS B. Crosby
CF J. Drew
OF L. Berkman
OF B. Hawpe
Util J. Thome
BN N. Johnson
BN J. López
BN C. Granderson
DL N. Garciaparra
SP J. Schmidt
SP J. Papelbon
SP D. Haren
RP B. Lidge
RP H. Street
P J. Borowski
BN E. Bedard
BN R. Harden
BN J. Peavy
DL N. Lowry

My initial offer is Jim Thome and Jason Schmidt for Scott Rolen and Johnny Damon. I don't expect him to accept it, but it will get talks started. Any suggestions on how I could reasonably sweeten the deal?

Red Leader
04-17-2006, 01:38 PM
I think that's a pretty even deal. Haven't kept up with Schmidt this year, so I don't know how he's throwing, but I think Thome-Rolen are pretty even, and if Schmidt is throwing well, I think you could expect to get Damon back for him. I certainly wouldn't give up Peavy, Harden, Lidge, Papelbon or Street for Damon

What does his team need to improve on?

Johnny Footstool
04-17-2006, 01:45 PM
He needs SPs pretty badly. He's also starting Raul Ibanez as his UT hitter, so he could use Thome's bat.

He's also carrying 6 closers (!) -- Dempster (SP/RP eligible), K-Rod, Valverde, Wagner, Gonzalez, and Francisco Cordero (who was waived by some idiot a couple of days ago).

Red Leader
04-17-2006, 01:49 PM
He needs SPs pretty badly. He's also starting Raul Ibanez as his UT hitter, so he could use Thome's bat.

He's also carrying 6 closers (!) -- Dempster (SP/RP eligible), K-Rod, Valverde, Wagner, Gonzalez, and Francisco Cordero (who was waived by some idiot a couple of days ago).

Then I think the offer if fair. Does he already have a 3B to slot in if he trades Rolen?

Johnny Footstool
04-17-2006, 02:10 PM
Then I think the offer if fair. Does he already have a 3B to slot in if he trades Rolen?

I don't think he does, and that's probably what will hold up the deal. I don't want to add Chad Tracy unless he kicks in another quality player, and I don't really need any of his extra closers.

Red Leader
04-17-2006, 02:20 PM
I don't think he does, and that's probably what will hold up the deal. I don't want to add Chad Tracy unless he kicks in another quality player, and I don't really need any of his extra closers.

Could you get a closer that is worth enough that you could either keep him and trade one of your other closers for another need on your team, or turn around and trade the closer he's giving you for someone else of worth to your team?

If so, might be worth it to include Tracy if you really want Damon and Rolen.

Johnny Footstool
04-17-2006, 03:44 PM
I thought about asking for K-Rod and settling for Valverde. Then I could ditch Borowski or Valverde for an outfielder.

Red Leader
04-17-2006, 03:55 PM
Valverde had a lot of value in week 1. Some publications really hyped him. He went in straight one for one deals of:

Valverde - Tim Hudson
Valverde - Victor Martinez
Valverde - C. Delgado

in week 1 according to ESPN.

He's been pretty good this season, although he hasn't gotten a ton of work yet. I doubt you'd get any of the players above, but you'd probably get a better OF in return than if you'd trade Borowski, who doesn't have as much perceived value.

Johnny Footstool
04-17-2006, 05:01 PM
I agree - Valverde would be a good trade target.

I just wanted to see if the original deal would be fair enough to peak the owner's interest. Sounds like it is.

Of course, this guy offered me Mark Ellis and Shea Hillenbrand for Rich Harden (well, he offered it, then immediately realized how stupid it was and cancelled it, but still...).

Red Leader
04-17-2006, 05:08 PM
I agree - Valverde would be a good trade target.

I just wanted to see if the original deal would be fair enough to peak the owner's interest. Sounds like it is.

Of course, this guy offered me Mark Ellis and Shea Hillenbrand for Rich Harden (well, he offered it, then immediately realized how stupid it was and cancelled it, but still...).

I think the original trade is fair enough (and I'm pretty picky).

:laugh: on that Harden trade. If you get some time, can you look at the thread I just posted about Hafner.

Johnny Footstool
04-17-2006, 05:24 PM
:laugh: on that Harden trade.

He called and apologized for offering it before I even knew he made the offer.