PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Francouer...

medford
04-17-2006, 01:54 PM
OK, I just picked up Francoure (sp?) on waivers for JJ Hardy. I know he's been struggling a little bit this season. Anyone have any insight on why he's struggling, if he'll come out of it, or if he's bound for a sophomore slump after a torrid rookie campaign in the final couple of months.

I haven't seen him play yet this year, but i figured his upside was worth it and I can sit him on the pine and wait to see when/if he starts to put it together.

Johnny Footstool
04-17-2006, 02:13 PM
He's got a poor batting eye, and pitchers have figured out that he'll hack at curveballs in the dirt and get himself out by swinging at bad pitches. He'll have to make some adjustments in order to be successful.

He's a gamble, but he does have a bit of upside.

HotCorner
04-17-2006, 03:46 PM
Looks to be regaining some of his form within the last week

kheidg-
04-17-2006, 06:28 PM
I also was interested in picking him up but decided to take Craig Wilson instead.

medford
04-17-2006, 10:17 PM
I figure I can sit him on the bench and see what develops. I'm in good shape up the middle w/ FeLo, Weeks and Nomar (assuming he's ever healthy) so I can live w/o JJ Hardy.

kheidg-
04-17-2006, 11:12 PM
What positions is Nomar all eligible for?

Johnny Footstool
04-17-2006, 11:30 PM
What positions is Nomar all eligible for?

DL.

And SS and 3B. I've got him on one of my teams.

medford
04-18-2006, 08:59 AM
Hopefully, eventually 1st base. If he ever gets healthy and regains the form he had during his Boston days, he'll provide me w/ some roster flex across the infield, and allow me to move Dunn to the outfield, which is the weakness on my squad. Of course I have my doubts if we'll ever see him healthy again, and he's played so sparingly the last 2 seasons, who knows how much he's lost while sitting in the training room.