PDA

View Full Version : MLB Extra Innings blacks out CR in NC???

Sabo
04-17-2006, 09:58 PM
I just purchased the MLB Extra Innings Package and the Reds games Sun (@ Cards) and Mon (Fla) have been blacked out. I spoke with an executive at MLB in NYC and he said NC has been claimed as home/blackout territory for Washington and Atlanta... but that Reds games should not be blacked out.

Anyone have any insight on what the Reds blackout area is for extra innings package? Just spent $180 for nothing... Thanks.

paintmered
04-17-2006, 10:01 PM
Not sure how up to date this is, but here ya go.

http://www.baseballthinkfactory.org/files/astrodirt/discussion/419/

Reds Fanatic
04-17-2006, 10:04 PM
According to the map looks like a small part of North Carolina near Charlotte is marked as Reds territory.

reds1869
04-18-2006, 07:25 AM
I hate MLB territory rules. My word, if they ran the NFL I'd be in Packers country while sitting 20 miles north of Cincinnati.

RedFanAlways1966
04-18-2006, 07:45 AM
Fan Friendly?!? What a joke.

Geez... if you live near Charlotte, you can just hop in your car and be to the GABP in a hop-skip-and-jump. People in Charlotte just aren't buying enough tickets to REDS home games.

So how much revenue does MLB get from the MLB Package? Sounds like stupid business to blackout someone in NC for REDS games. Stupid business decisions... in MLB? Imagine that.

reds1869
04-18-2006, 08:04 AM
My father is a life long Pirates fan living in Parkersburg, West Virginia. According to MLB's logic, he can not watch Pirates games because he is in their home territory. Never mind that his local RSN is Fox Ohio so he watches the Reds all the time. He has also recently lost the ability to watch the Tribe because of the Indians TV network, which he does not get. Top that off with the fact that he can only listen to the Reds on local radio (despite having affiliates for the Pirates, he can't pick them up--it's WV for God's Sake!) and you have one angry fan. Thank goodness for XM radio.

reds1869
04-18-2006, 08:07 AM
One other note. He is a Dish user with the entire sports package, but FSN Pittsburgh is blacked out during Pirates games. I thought Pittsburgh was in his region? So he can't watch them on extra innings because he is in their home territory, but they are blacked out on FSN Pittsburgh because that is an out of market station? Wow.