PDA

View Full Version : Comments are not a hit with Kazmir

traderumor
04-20-2006, 04:16 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2006/04/20/comments_are_not_a_hit_with_kazmir/

Good for Kazmir. Looks like he did some homework and Schilling just threw out some bullcrap hoping no one would look it up.

RED SOX NOTEBOOK
Comments are not a hit with Kazmir

By Nick Cafardo, Globe Staff | April 20, 2006

Tampa Bay lefthander Scott Kazmir didn't care for comments Curt Schilling made this week on WEEI radio, when Boston's ace said the reason the Red Sox and Devil Rays have had numerous bench-clearing incidents is because of Kazmir ''hitting multiple batters every time he threw against us. I don't know if any of it was intentional, but he kept hitting players."

Kazmir, who will pitch the series finale tonight against Tim Wakefield, responded to Schilling's comments in today's St. Petersburg Times.

''I don't know why he would say that," said Kazmir. ''I never tried to hit anyone ever.

''What can you do? Why would I, of all people, get thrown into everything? I was looking at a video before of past things with the Red Sox and Devil Rays and they had all this other stuff before I was even in pro ball. And all of a sudden it's all because of me? OK.

''It was very surprising to hear that."

Schilling, who improved to 4-0 with last night's 9-1 win over the Devil Rays, went on to say in the radio interview, ''We made it clear to them, for the most part, that we were only throwing at guys on their team because their young pitchers couldn't throw inside. Obviously, he's getting better and he's learning. But you don't learn to pitch in the big leagues inside, you learn how to do that in the minor leagues. And you can't do that here because you get people hurt."

Kazmir responded, ''So, I guess I don't know how to pitch inside if I hit a guy or two? It doesn't make too much sense. It's his opinion. He wants to be heard."

Kazmir is 1-1 with a 4.82 ERA this season. In seven career starts against the Red Sox, he's 2-1 (with both wins coming at Fenway) and has allowed only 12 earned runs and 29 hits in 38 2/3 innings (a 2.79 ERA) while striking out 36.

Joseph
04-20-2006, 04:18 PM
Or perhaps Schill was trying to get into the kids head?

Cedric
04-20-2006, 04:21 PM
I can't wait till that guy retires.

RedsManRick
04-20-2006, 04:38 PM
Apparently people in the minors don't get hurt when they get hit...

NJReds
04-20-2006, 04:39 PM
Did he pull out the bloody sock, too. :rolleyes:

CTA513
04-20-2006, 04:43 PM
If they didnt use the DH, Kazmir could plunk Schilling. :laugh:

MartyFan
04-20-2006, 05:00 PM
I hope everyone of their batters feels like they're facing Pedro when he is "pitching inside" to Jose Guillen...I hate, correction HATE the BoSox...Carlton Fisk should have kept his hands in his pockets.

Yachtzee
04-20-2006, 05:34 PM
Apparently people in the minors don't get hurt when they get hit...

Cannon fodder.

NJReds
04-21-2006, 10:17 AM
If they didnt use the DH, Kazmir could plunk Schilling. :laugh:

If Schilling got hit by a pitch, his reaction would look like a death scene from a dinner theater production of Hamlet.

smith288
04-21-2006, 11:08 AM
Schilling is a fabulous player. Included with his onfield abilities is his ability to screw with heads of his opponents. He's a joy to watch.

Cedric
04-21-2006, 11:11 AM
Schilling is a fabulous player. Included with his onfield abilities is his ability to screw with heads of his opponents. He's a joy to watch.

Yeah, he sure screwed with Kazmir yesterday.

5-1 Tampa win.

smith288
04-21-2006, 11:16 AM
Yeah, he sure screwed with Kazmir yesterday.

5-1 Tampa win.
Never said he was always successful...

and darn... BoSox are my fantasy pitching staff. I hate Schilling. ;)

TeamSelig
04-21-2006, 11:16 AM
If I remember correctly, Schilling was on the top list of most hated people in sports. Stuff like this is probably why.

smith288
04-21-2006, 12:58 PM
I dont hate anyone... But I do have a very big dislike for:

Barry Bonds
Allen Iverson
Pedro Martinez
Steve Nash (for his hair mostly)
Koby Bryant
Jeff Gordon (i hate Nascar but he holds a special annoyance to me)

LincolnparkRed
04-21-2006, 01:56 PM
I am suprised with Schilling having to invent this to get attention these days , I figured with his hot start the man love in Boston would be overwhelming. He must of felt neglected so he conjured this crap up.

KronoRed
04-21-2006, 02:39 PM
I am suprised with Schilling having to invent this to get attention these days , I figured with his hot start the man love in Boston would be overwhelming. He must of felt neglected so he conjured this crap up.
Or could be jealousy of a younger hot shot pitcher.

redsfanmia
04-21-2006, 07:32 PM
I am just convinced that Schilling loves to hear himself talk. He just grates on my nerves.

GriffeyFan
04-21-2006, 11:38 PM
Or could be jealousy of a younger hot shot pitcher.

I seriously doubt Schilling is jealous of Kazmir right now.