PDA

View Full Version : WEHT.....Members

NDRed
04-22-2006, 02:29 AM
I'll start it off because he has always been one of my favorities.

WEHT.....................Red Storm

Tommyjohn25
04-22-2006, 02:32 AM
WEHT......Ricardo Cabesa?

Johnny Vander m
04-22-2006, 02:37 AM
Ok, maybe I have been off the board to long, or maybe to old and dumb but would someone tell me what ''WEHT" stands for?

NDRed
04-22-2006, 02:44 AM
Sorry

WEHT= "Whatever happened to"

Johnny Vander m
04-22-2006, 02:48 AM
Thanks ND, I wish I could say "I knew that" but I had no idea.

WEHT my brain?:eek:

Ron Madden
04-22-2006, 02:53 AM
WEHT Zombie ?

KronoRed
04-22-2006, 05:25 AM
WEHT Zombie ?
New job...darn work getting in the way of RZ;)

TeamBoone
04-22-2006, 12:40 PM
Alex Ochoa

And I too have been wondering about Stormy; thanks for the info on Zombie.

Sea Ray
04-22-2006, 06:24 PM
Thanks ND, I wish I could say "I knew that" but I had no idea.

WEHT my brain?:eek:

Hey, I'm glad you asked 'cause I had no idea either:confused:

SandyD
04-22-2006, 06:43 PM
But since Whatever in one word, not two, shouldn't it be WHT? :p:

WMR
04-22-2006, 06:55 PM
I *think* that splitting whatever into two words (what ever) is acceptable verbiage in this situation.

I think.

SandyD
04-22-2006, 08:00 PM
You're probably right. Just rarely see it written that way. Something like "What EVER happened to" ... conversational ... and since the net is more conversational than formal, I guess it's ok.

Cyclone792
04-22-2006, 08:03 PM
Pair of members, one obvious, the other obscure ...

Big Donkey: Last visit on February 14, 2006 ... always had some inside scoops on what was going on in the front office and on the trading front.

BillyBeaneFan: He posted here for about three weeks last summer and racked up over 200 rep points in just that small amount of time. He also posted a nugget about leaving the country to study abroad (http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=738021) ... and hasn't been back to the board since.

OnBaseMachine
04-22-2006, 08:11 PM
WEHT...TeamDunn. She hasn't posted since July 8, 2005. She was a regular around here and then all of a sudden quit posting.

Cyclone, I was also thinking of BillyBeaneFan. I really enjoyed his posts and I look forward to him returning.

paintmered
04-22-2006, 08:35 PM
Alex Ochoa

Not sure if I'm thinking of correct poster, but I think he was perma banned a long time ago.

OnBaseMachine
04-22-2006, 08:40 PM
Not sure if I'm thinking of correct poster, but I think he was perma banned a long time ago.

I think she of referring to former Reds player Alex Ochoa. Last I heard, Alex was playing over in Japan.

Ochoa put up a .269/.327/.418 line for Chunichi of the Japanese League last year. I assume he is playing over there again this year.

That kid had one of the better outfield arms I have ever seen.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/O/alex-ochoa.shtml

TeamBoone
04-22-2006, 08:47 PM
I think she of referring to former Reds player Alex Ochoa. Last I heard, Alex was playing over in Japan.

Ochoa put up a .269/.327/.418 line for Chunichi of the Japanese League last year. I assume he is playing over there again this year.

That kid had one of the better outfield arms I have ever seen.

Yes, I was asking about the baseball player; sorry. Thank you for info. I'm left wondering why no team wanted him.

IslandRed
04-22-2006, 09:03 PM
Big Donkey: Last visit on February 14, 2006 ... always had some inside scoops on what was going on in the front office and on the trading front.

Hmmm... last visit less than a week after Krivsky's hiring. Since Kriv didn't waste much time making some personnel moves, maybe Big Donkey's source within the front office hit the bricks. Or maybe (conspiracy theory, feel free to discount if anyone knows who he really is) Big Donkey himself was the source who's no longer there. He never claimed to work for the Reds, though. But if a Reds front office person was on here, floating trial balloons and feeding us scoops, would he volunteer his credentials? Probably not.

paintmered
04-22-2006, 09:06 PM
Hmmm... last visit less than a week after Krivsky's hiring. Since Kriv didn't waste much time making some personnel moves, maybe Big Donkey's source within the front office hit the bricks. Or maybe (conspiracy theory, feel free to discount if anyone knows who he really is) Big Donkey himself was the source who's no longer there. He never claimed to work for the Reds, though. But if a Reds front office person was on here, floating trial balloons and feeding us scoops, would he volunteer his credentials? Probably not.

It was my understanding that Big Donkey was a member of the media somehow. He never really discussed his credentials much, his usually accurate inside scoops spoke for themselves.

IslandRed
04-22-2006, 09:21 PM
It was my understanding that Big Donkey was a member of the media somehow. He never really discussed his credentials much, his usually accurate inside scoops spoke for themselves.

Yeah, the notion that BD was himself in the front office is just idle speculation. But given the timing, I still think there's a possibility his source of inside info isn't in the Reds' front office now. It's just a semi-educated guess, though. There are any number of reasons a guy might stop posting for awhile.

Caseyfan21
04-22-2006, 10:17 PM
BillyBeaneFan: He posted here for about three weeks last summer and racked up over 200 rep points in just that small amount of time. He also posted a nugget about leaving the country to study abroad (http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=738021) ... and hasn't been back to the board since.

I can answer this one pretty well since I am close friends with him and introduced him to Redszone last spring. He studied abroad all summer in Russia and had little to no access to a computer. Currently, he is pretty swamped with classwork as the last I heard from him he was trying to graduate early. I honestly have not talked to him much at all lately even though he only lives about about 2 blocks away. We went to a Reds game together last September before we left for school and I know he's still an avid Reds fan. I might bug him a little and tell him that people would like to see him back.

creek14
04-23-2006, 08:59 AM
WEHT...TeamDunn. She hasn't posted since July 8, 2005. She was a regular around here and then all of a sudden quit posting.

She's fine. I went to a game with her a couple weeks ago. We're mullling over springing for Diamonds when her favorite player comes to town.

Spitball
04-23-2006, 09:20 AM
I'll start it off because he has always been one of my favorities.

WEHT.....................Red Storm

I heard from Stormy some time ago, and he was being kept busy with a family real estate development business in Virginia that he had to take over after the death of his father.

I sure wish he would post again. I miss disagreeing with him. ;)

Has anyone seen Phil in BG lately?

smith288
04-23-2006, 09:40 AM
Zombie got a job that takes too much time? Sellout.

creek14
04-23-2006, 09:47 AM
I often wonder what Guernsey is up to.

I wish he was here. I'd like to ask him about his philosophy that the bullpen is the easiest part of a team to replace. :p:

Spitball
04-23-2006, 02:14 PM
Has anyone seen LarkinFan?

How about RedRoser? (I haven't seen him but the member list says he last visited today)

What about Richard Hand? :eek: (only kidding)

04-23-2006, 02:51 PM
Remember Griffeyfan?

Raisor
04-23-2006, 02:54 PM
Where's Bad Fundam...nah, I can't even finish the thought..

KronoRed
04-23-2006, 03:22 PM
No asking about duals ;)

Cyclone792
04-23-2006, 07:23 PM
I can answer this one pretty well since I am close friends with him and introduced him to Redszone last spring. He studied abroad all summer in Russia and had little to no access to a computer. Currently, he is pretty swamped with classwork as the last I heard from him he was trying to graduate early. I honestly have not talked to him much at all lately even though he only lives about about 2 blocks away. We went to a Reds game together last September before we left for school and I know he's still an avid Reds fan. I might bug him a little and tell him that people would like to see him back.

Glad to hear BBFan is doing well, and it'd be great to see him back on the board again if he's got some free time.

Raisor
04-23-2006, 07:26 PM
Where's Krono, it's like he dropped off the face of the Earth?

Heath
04-23-2006, 07:43 PM
Where's Krono, it's like he dropped off the face of the Earth?
He's hanging out with Raisor.

Oh, wait, whoops - you're Raisor. And you're alive!

KronoRed
04-23-2006, 09:10 PM
Am I here?

HElllloooo?

Sea Ray
04-23-2006, 09:38 PM
What about Neilyng?

Patrick Bateman
04-24-2006, 12:15 AM

I'm completely speculating here, and I could be completely off base, but Big Donkey's rumors were often exactly similar to RotoWorld's rumors and often posted near the same time, and it seemed every rumor he posted here was always on RW.

I may be completley wrong but I thought he may have been connected to that site in some way. Either way I really appreciated his posts.

MWM
04-24-2006, 12:17 AM
What about Neilyng?

He's eating peaches on the bridge he built.

:devil:

savafan
04-24-2006, 01:24 AM
I'm in a fantasy league with Big Donkey. Every time he offers me a trade, I say no for fear that the players he wants to send my way have contracted some hideous disease or lost a limb, and the media has yet to announce it.

KronoRed
04-24-2006, 04:28 AM
I'm in a fantasy league with Big Donkey. Every time he offers me a trade, I say no for fear that the players he wants to send my way have contracted some hideous disease or lost a limb, and the media has yet to announce it.
Wise. :laugh:

Falls City Beer
04-24-2006, 09:00 AM
WHT that guy from North Dakota who literally had no idea how to use a period or comma? He would come on here post some nutty trade idea (which he always spelled "ideal") and wonder if it "had legs." I don't remember his handle exactly, but that dude was serious. Does anyone remember the guy I'm talking about?

Heath
04-24-2006, 09:05 AM
Am I here?

HElllloooo?

This ought to get Krono's attention, if he's alive :D :evil:

http://www.scoreboardpicts.com/images/scoreboards/Florida%20sucks%20again.JPG

Spitball
04-24-2006, 09:56 AM
Does anyone remember Geoj? I think that was the name. He started on Cincy.com. and had been a minor league outfielder at one time.

Team Clark
04-24-2006, 01:30 PM
I'm completely speculating here, and I could be completely off base, but Big Donkey's rumors were often exactly similar to RotoWorld's rumors and often posted near the same time, and it seemed every rumor he posted here was always on RW.

I may be completley wrong but I thought he may have been connected to that site in some way. Either way I really appreciated his posts.

Funny that you say that. I have always thought that BigDonkey was a guy that I knew from Rotoworld. He actually worked for me for about a year before going to Rotoworld. He was their advertising rep. He also wrote some Fantasy articles for them from time to time. I confronted him at least three times about posting on Redszone. He denied that he posted there but I never believed him. I introduced this guy to Redszone and he would often send me e-mails about certain posts. His replies to me would eventually show up nearly identical to those of BD. This particular guy (Troy) is a HUGE Giants fan. He's also one big fella. I also know that Troy fell on some hard financial times and was basically living on borrowed time. Maybe that is why BD disappeared?

KronoRed
04-24-2006, 03:40 PM
This ought to get Krono's attention, if he's alive :D :evil:

It's nice you can be good in 1 sport :D

MWM
04-24-2006, 04:00 PM
Big Donkey was a manager, or someone in an influential position, at one of the Reds' Radio affiliates. And the "rumors" he posted usualy came to fruition. He was very accurate and clearly had REAL inside connections. Rotoworld was not his employer.

wheels
04-24-2006, 05:54 PM
Would anyone miss me if I stopped posting?

Falls City Beer
04-24-2006, 05:56 PM

Dude, I have to remember to put my pants on in the morning.

04-24-2006, 05:56 PM
Does anyone remember Geoj? I think that was the name. He started on Cincy.com. and had been a minor league outfielder at one time.

If I remember correctly, geoj had alot of trouble spelling. I think he might have even been dyslexic or something like that, but I might be wrong. His typing he struggled with, too,. but I always liked his posts. There were one or two posters on here who attacked him mercilessly, it seemed to me. I think he just got fed up.

TC81190
04-24-2006, 08:57 PM
WHT that guy from North Dakota who literally had no idea how to use a period or comma?

captianmorgan?

Team Clark
04-24-2006, 09:54 PM
Big Donkey was a manager, or someone in an influential position, at one of the Reds' Radio affiliates. And the "rumors" he posted usualy came to fruition. He was very accurate and clearly had REAL inside connections. Rotoworld was not his employer.

I guess that clears it up. I'll still give Troy a hard time. He's a die hard Giants fan and thinks Bonds is innocent.

remdog
04-24-2006, 09:54 PM
IIRC, geoj said he had been a first baseman in the Reds minor league system and played during some seasons when Pete Rose was with the team.

Rem

Falls City Beer
04-24-2006, 09:57 PM
captianmorgan?

No.

remdog
04-24-2006, 10:02 PM
No.

As they say, 'same difference'. :rolleyes:

Rem

wheels
04-24-2006, 10:44 PM
Dude, I have to remember to put my pants on in the morning.

Yeah. Me too!

zombie-a-go-go
04-25-2006, 06:30 AM
WEHT Zombie ?

:wave:

creek14
04-25-2006, 07:16 AM
Naw, but I really miss that Tom Lawless guy... ;) ;)