PDA

View Full Version : Dave Bush

15fan
04-23-2006, 02:33 PM
9.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 2 BBs, 9 Ks.

Not a bad showing by the guy I cyber-drafted in round 2 of the '02 draft.

Attaboy, Dave.

westofyou
04-23-2006, 02:38 PM
Wake Forest catcher eh?

pedro
04-23-2006, 04:47 PM
The Blue jays really flubbed that trade.

MWM
04-23-2006, 05:24 PM
The Blue jays really flubbed that trade.

No kidding. I couldn't understand what Ricciardi was thinking when the trade was made.

OnBaseMachine
04-23-2006, 06:57 PM
The Brewers got Dave Bush, Gabe Gross, and Zach Jackson for Lyle Overbay. Bush looked really good yesterday, I love that curveball.

The Reds got Dave Williams for Sean Casey.

Had O'Brien traded Casey after 2004 everyone suggested then the Reds could have probably gotten a return like that. Well, nevermind, not if O'Brien made the trade.

Patrick Bateman
04-23-2006, 07:08 PM
Riccardi was down on Bush for a number of months last season. He was struggling a bit early on last year (but overall wasn'y that bad, I think around a 4.50 ERA) and was sent down even though he was far from their worst pitcher.

He was a pitcher I wanted the Reds to target. He could have been had cheaply in some trade and would have given us a fairly good picther. Too bad.

Also, Jerome Williams seems to be given the same treatment by the Cubbies. I would love to get him in some deal. Last year he was gotten cheaply by the Cubs for Hawkins. Williams would give us a decent 4th pitcher without giving up a whole lot.

OnBaseMachine
04-23-2006, 07:24 PM
Also, Jerome Williams seems to be given the same treatment by the Cubbies. I would love to get him in some deal. Last year he was gotten cheaply by the Cubs for Hawkins. Williams would give us a decent 4th pitcher without giving up a whole lot.

Good idea. I like Jerome Williams too. The Cubbies need a 1B to plug in while Lee is out, maybe a package of either Hatteburg/Aurilia and maybe a prospect would get it done?

MattyHo4Life
04-24-2006, 08:44 AM
Walker is doing a pretty good job filling in for Lee offensively. The Cubs aren't going to trade Williams for scrap pieces like Aurilia or Hatteberg.

M2
04-24-2006, 11:43 AM
Walker is doing a pretty good job filling in for Lee offensively. The Cubs aren't going to trade Williams for scrap pieces like Aurilia or Hatteberg.

Seems to me the Baby Bears have a debris fixation. No telling what "proven veteran" will float their boat.

traderumor
04-24-2006, 12:11 PM
It seems the Cubs view Williams as a scrap piece, also, since they can't find a place for him even with Wood and Prior out.

PuffyPig
04-24-2006, 12:20 PM
Aurillia and Hatteberg aren't stars, but they are far from scrap pieces. THey are both contributing to the majors best offensive team.

LincolnparkRed
04-24-2006, 01:09 PM
Dusty loves a good veteran presence as much as any manager around (see Perez, Neifi) so I think you can always offer some veteran scrappiness to him but I think he knows he is on a short leash and will have to make due with more young players this year.

williams seems like a righthanded Claussen, not consistent but can look good for short periods of time.

MattyHo4Life
04-24-2006, 05:59 PM
It seems the Cubs view Williams as a scrap piece, also, since they can't find a place for him even with Wood and Prior out.

What are you talking about? Williams is in the Cubs starting rotation? How is that considered not being able to find a spot for him?

traderumor
04-24-2006, 06:08 PM
What are you talking about? Williams is in the Cubs starting rotation? How is that considered not being able to find a spot for him?I thought that I heard Williams was shipped out to AAA last week. I'll have to double check on that now.

Actually, it was yesterday

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060423&content_id=1414656&vkey=news_chc&fext=.jsp&c_id=chc

MattyHo4Life
04-24-2006, 06:10 PM
I hadn't heard that. He pitched against the Cardinals over the weekend. He had a horrible start though, so maybe they sent him to AAA after his start.

traderumor
04-24-2006, 06:16 PM
From the link posted above, Angel Guzman, he of the 6+ ERA was called up in place of Williams.

Ummm, ok Angel:

"I wasn't throwing that good, but I feel good," said Guzman, whose career has been slowed by arm injuries. "We'll see how it is."

What was wrong at Iowa?

"I was missing my spots with my pitches," he said. "In Triple-A, there are a lot of experienced guys who can hit and they weren't missing. They were hitting me pretty good. Now it's time to make the adjustment here."

Sure, Angel, the Major League hitters are not experienced and will miss your misses. The worst part is that Dusty would probably nod in agreement.

I'd have to go see what the Cubs want for Williams. He has a pretty good arm. The inconsistency for him is likely a combination of youth and a volatile yakker that he can't control all the time.

MattyHo4Life
04-24-2006, 06:35 PM
Aurillia and Hatteberg aren't stars, but they are far from scrap pieces. THey are both contributing to the majors best offensive team.

The same could have been said about Womack in 2004, but that didn't make worth a young pitcher like Williams. The Reds would be the best offensive team in the Majors without Hatteberg, and especially without Aurillia.