PDA

View Full Version : This team has heart

bengalred
04-23-2006, 11:20 PM
I know it's early, and who knows how this team will pan out long term. But I really like what I see from the Reds so far this year. Our lineup is really getting the job done offensively, and Griffey isn't even a part of it right now. I know that the Reds played terribly last night against the Brewers, but they came back today, and really took it to them. In recent years, Reds teams would get on long losing streaks, and didn't really seem to care too much. Maybe it's the new ownership, or maybe I'm totally off base, but this team seems to never give up or get discouraged. An 11-0 loss would get a lot of teams down, but the Reds came back with an 11-0 win. A will to win goes a long way, and once we put the final pieces of the puzzle together, I think we could be in for a fun season.

Phhhl
04-24-2006, 12:01 AM
I'm not sure what "heart" means, but it sure would be nice for this team to add Roy Oswalt to the list of excellent NL starters we have beaten next Friday night. Especially since we have never defeated that guy. I don't believe in superstition or omens, but adding Roy to a monthly victim's list that includes Carpenter, Willis and Sheets would be extremely impressive.

What does Pythagoris say about a team's success rate against league leading pitching? Are win shares the beginning and end, or would such a stat serve any predictive purpose at all?

bengalred
04-24-2006, 07:42 PM
"Heart" means coming back from adversity, god I sound like my football coach, I better stop.

redsfanmia
04-24-2006, 08:30 PM
If there is no such thing as a clutch performer than there is no such thing as a team with heart. If it cant be measured in a statistic than it doesnt exist. If you dont believe me ask a sabremetric expert.

Yachtzee
04-24-2006, 09:07 PM
Ya gotta have heart.

http://www.theatretusc.com/graphics/showpix/DamnYankees.jpg

Gainesville Red
04-24-2006, 09:09 PM
They've got heart, but aren't quite as scrappy as when the season began.

KronoRed
04-24-2006, 09:19 PM
IS heart the same as passion?

The Baumer
04-24-2006, 10:42 PM
To me "heart" means getting rid of feast or famine hitters and replacing them with scrappy, contact guys. By that definition I believe the Reds this year have heart.

Jr's Boy
04-25-2006, 01:26 PM
Where does everyone get that quote from Garrett at?lol