Monday:
The Lizard Ramirez vs. Livan Hernandez

Tuesday:
Dave Williams :eek: vs. Billy Traber

Wednesday:
Babe Arroyo vs. John Patterson

Boston Red
04-24-2006, 12:27 AM
Those first two pitching matchups don't look too promising.

Fullboat
04-24-2006, 12:27 AM
Would love a sweep before we face the Stros....But Williams makes it mission impossible.

membengal
04-24-2006, 12:36 AM
Livan has been absolutely awful so far this year. Many homeruns given up, even at home. His velocity so far is nowhere near what it used to be, and he is living and dying mostly on junk. If Reds are patient, they will score tomorrow night.

TeamBoone
04-24-2006, 12:56 AM
Monday:

Tuesday:

Wednesday:
Babe Arroyo vs. John Patterson

If I was the manager (hah!), I'd pitch Arroyo Monday or Tuesday so that he'd be available against the Astros this weekend. But I guess that would screw up the rotation schedule.

columbusbrian
04-24-2006, 12:56 AM
Games one and two come down to a simple factor witnessed in the Harang/Willis match-up and the Williams/Ohka set the following day. Namely, can this reds score at least eight runs. If Elizardo can go five or six and give up less runs scored than IP, I'd think that is a QS for him. We just have to hope that Shack-Belisle-Coffey-Merker can stop the inevitable bleeding in game two of the series. I think the Reds can sweep, but I have the feeling that Soriano, Vidro and Wilkerson are going to make either Ramirez or Williams pay dearly on crappy pitches. Maybe both of them.

Caveat Emperor
04-24-2006, 01:06 AM
They should write Tuesdays probables like a Hip Hop record track label:

Dave Williams (ft. Matt Belisle) v. Billy Traber

This is a series where I'd really like to have Chris Denorfia up, so he can patrol LF while Dunn shifts to 1B for the series. There's a lot of ground to cover in RFK and a lot of bad pitching that could occur on Monday and Tuesday. The more outs the D can make behind the pitcher, the better.

WVPacman
04-24-2006, 01:18 AM
Is Lizard Ramirez the pitcher that failed a drug test or something in the reds minor league system??It might be another Ramirez!!

harangatang
04-24-2006, 01:34 AM
If I was the manager (hah!), I'd pitch Arroyo Monday or Tuesday so that he'd be available against the Astros this weekend. But I guess that would screw up the rotation schedule.
You don't want the Nats to sweep the Reds, do you?

CTA513
04-24-2006, 02:32 AM
The Nationals website has TBA listed for wednesday, thursday and friday.

KronoRed
04-24-2006, 04:30 AM
TBA brings the heat.

medford
04-24-2006, 06:14 AM
Its was a different Rameriz, the kid they drafted out of high school (I think like Manny Rameriz, he was a Dominican living in the Bronx in High school) the same year as Homer. 4th round pick I believe.

kbrake
04-24-2006, 06:58 AM
I'll be very happy to get 2 out of 3.

redsmetz
04-24-2006, 07:25 AM
Games one and two come down to a simple factor witnessed in the Harang/Willis match-up and the Williams/Ohka set the following day. Namely, can this reds score at least eight runs. If Elizardo can go five or six and give up less runs scored than IP, I'd think that is a QS for him. We just have to hope that Shack-Belisle-Coffey-Merker can stop the inevitable bleeding in game two of the series. I think the Reds can sweep, but I have the feeling that Soriano, Vidro and Wilkerson are going to make either Ramirez or Williams pay dearly on crappy pitches. Maybe both of them.

Shack-Belisle-Coffey-Merker? That sounds like an appliance in your kitchen pronounced by someone from Brooklyn. Shack-Belisle Coffee Merker - maybe DiMagg can sell it on TV.

redsmetz
04-24-2006, 07:27 AM
Perhaps one hope for Williams is the cavernousness of RFK. My daughters going to one of the games while the Reds there. I'll let you know what she says.

RedFanAlways1966
04-24-2006, 08:00 AM
My, oh my... I am reading some naysayers before a single pitch has been thrown. Naysayin' about the starting pitching. Naysayin' about the pitching matchups. Naysayin' when talking about the all-so-powerful Nationals (who are 7-11, not 12-7).

Starting pitching is not what got this team to 12-7, folks. Their ERA while helping(?) the REDS get to 12-7 has been a terrible 5.57. The bullpen has been about as bad with a 5.52 ERA. However, we must remember that the REDS average 6.37 runs/game. The Nats best ERA guy in the starting staff thus far (Armas Jr.) threw last night, so the REDS will not face him (cannot say the name Armas Jr. scares anyhow). Patterson isn't bad, but has not been as good as Arroyo (almost a run higher on ERA). Hernandez? Please... 7.11 ERA this year.

I too do not like the Lizard and Dave Williams throwing for our team. But our team wins with the bat, not the arm. It will catch up to them. But it has worked to the tune of 2nd place (only behind a team who boasts the best record in MLB) so far. Don't worry... be happy.

NatiRedGals
04-24-2006, 08:36 AM
Remember We have alot of pitchers who throw better in the heat of the summer Weathers like a sinker that is alot better in the heat we have a chance this year because of our bats houston only has a chance cause of picthing so its both one sided for these teams whatever happens happens but we do have a good chance to atleast make the countinued season

Patrick Bateman
04-24-2006, 08:44 AM
If you pitched Arroyo on Monday, it would screw up more than the rotation schedule. That would be 2 days rest.

RedsMan3203
04-24-2006, 09:10 AM
I think the Reds can sweep, but I have the feeling that Soriano, Vidro and Wilkerson are going to make either Ramirez or Williams pay dearly on crappy pitches. Maybe both of them.

Wilkerson is now in Texas - So if he makes those two pay deeply its gonna be a long start of the week for the Reds fans.

Anyways - the goal is 2 our of 3. Lets get healthly and lets score some runs....

Highlifeman21
04-24-2006, 09:13 AM
They should write Tuesdays probables like a Hip Hop record track label:

Dave Williams (ft. Matt Belisle) v. Billy Traber

This is a series where I'd really like to have Chris Denorfia up, so he can patrol LF while Dunn shifts to 1B for the series. There's a lot of ground to cover in RFK and a lot of bad pitching that could occur on Monday and Tuesday. The more outs the D can make behind the pitcher, the better.

:thumbup: :beerme:

I don't know that I'm ultimately scared of Billy Traber, but I guarantee the Nats aren't even remotely scared of the pitcher formerly known as Dave Williams.

HotCorner
04-24-2006, 10:22 AM
Patterson pitched Saturday. I doubt the Reds will him this series. :thumbup:

LincolnparkRed
04-24-2006, 10:23 AM
I just hope the fact that the Lizard hadn't walked anyone in Louisville stays with him because after seeing Claussen nibble his way to giving up 9 runs on Saturday in Milwaukee some of the players may be wearing out a path to Wayne's office before Friday asking for some real starting pitching to give them a chance to not have to score 6 runs a game to win.

Reds Fanatic
04-24-2006, 10:26 AM
There is a 70% chance of thunderstorms in Washington for Tuesday night. With Williams pitching I am hoping for rain.

TRF
04-24-2006, 10:41 AM
I like the 1st and third games, but game 2 is a gimme for the nats. The Reds pounf Livan with a regularity that borders on the absurd. Arroyo has been pitching very well, and i doubt the Nats have a good book on him in their park. So for Washington, they are facing to unknown quantities and Dave Williams. Looks like two wins for the Red Legs to me.

redsmetz
04-24-2006, 10:45 AM
:thumbup: :beerme:

I don't know that I'm ultimately scared of Billy Traber, but I guarantee the Nats aren't even remotely scared of the pitcher formerly known as Dave Williams.

I'm going to go out on a limb here (and hopefully don't saw myself off!) and predict that Williams will get his first win of the season in this game. I think pitching in RFK keeps the ball in the park and the Reds pound out some runs to win it for him. I'm crossing my fingers for the Dave Williams of his first game this year.

PuffyPig
04-24-2006, 10:50 AM
Patterson pitched Saturday. I doubt the Reds will him this series. :thumbup:
Actually he pitched Friday and he's sceduled to pitch against us on Wednesday on his usual 4 days rest.

columbusbrian
04-24-2006, 10:53 AM
I don't think the comments here are naysaying, the fact is that the most likely out come of games one and two are that neither of the starting pitchers factor in the decision. I haven't looked hard enough at the Washington bullpen, but I'd guess there nothing even close to special. How they compare against the Reds remains to be seen. Bottom line, is that Washington has three plays (Johnson-not Wilkerson, Vidro and Soriano) who are likely to put the hurt on. The red have to survive those players to win, and odds of Elizardo, in his first start of the season, and after getting pummled last year in the bigs, shutting these three down has to be on a very low order.

With Williams, its anybodies guess, but he had nothing close to an out pitch against the Brewers, unless you count a scolding liner into the outfield as his out. Washington may not be good, but they are good enough to take advantage of sub-crappy pitching, I'm still excited to watch, though, this team has made it much more fun to watch this season.

flyer85
04-24-2006, 11:15 AM
Monday:

Tuesday:

Wednesday:
Babe Arroyo vs. John Pattersonlooks like the Gnats have the better pitcher in all three. Of course the Reds have the better offense so we will have to see how it plays out.

TeamBoone
04-24-2006, 11:25 AM
If you pitched Arroyo on Monday, it would screw up more than the rotation schedule. That would be 2 days rest.

It would be Day 4.

Anyway, then Tuesday!

registerthis
04-24-2006, 11:28 AM
TBA brings the heat.

TBA has to be better than whatever else the Nats can throw out there.

Jr's Boy
04-24-2006, 11:32 AM
Bring on the Lizard!:jump:

Red Leader
04-24-2006, 12:08 PM
Elizardo Ramirez will start Monday against the Nationals.
Ramirez is filling in for Eric Milton who will undergo knee surgery on Monday. The Reds are expected to juggle their bullpen so that Ramirez will go to the bullpen following the start and Matt Belisle will take the slot in the rotation.

So Belisle gets the rotation spot next time around. Interesting.

knuckler
04-24-2006, 12:18 PM
Its was a different Rameriz, the kid they drafted out of high school (I think like Manny Rameriz, he was a Dominican living in the Bronx in High school) the same year as Homer. 4th round pick I believe.

Ramon Ramirez, a Dominican free agent signee in A ball, was the one suspended for use of performance enhancement drugs.

Rafael Gonzalez is the high school draftee from the Bronx who left spring training rather than report to the Reds, without any drug connection.

2001MUgrad
04-24-2006, 01:22 PM
Lots of runs will be needed thats for sure.

KronoRed
04-24-2006, 03:44 PM
Lots of runs will be needed thats for sure.
I suggest the 12 run plan.

registerthis
04-24-2006, 03:48 PM

Really? Because I was going to file a request that they upgrade to the 14 run plan. But I'm usually overly-cautious. No use squandering potentially win-efficient runs if 12 runs will get you through.

redsfan30
04-24-2006, 04:16 PM
According to Marc's blog, we now get to face our old barber buddy, Ramon Ortiz on Wednesday. Apparently the Nationals changed thier minds.

flyer85
04-24-2006, 04:17 PM
Per Marc

The Nationals have adjusted their rotation so our pal Ramon "I'm very happy" Ortiz will be starting Wednesday's series finale. He was supposed to go Thursday.Oriz instead of Patterson, I think I can hear the cheering from here. Bet they can't wait to get some swings off the happy barber.

Chip R
04-24-2006, 04:18 PM

You stole that from Rosie. :mooner:

KronoRed
04-24-2006, 04:22 PM
You stole that from Rosie. :mooner:
It's a loan..only available to people named Red :D

Red Leader
04-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Per Marc

Oriz instead of Patterson, I think I can hear the cheering from here. Bet they can't wait to get some swings off the happy barber.

I am now happier with my pickup of Brandon Phillips in my fantasy league. He will surely be starting for me on Wednesday now.

Buckeye33
04-24-2006, 05:44 PM
Per Marc

Oriz instead of Patterson, I think I can hear the cheering from here. Bet they can't wait to get some swings off the happy barber.

This makes 2 out of 3 much much easier to accomplish with a sweep not out of the question with good offense. Patterson may have struck out 15 guys if he had pitched Wed.

CTA513
04-24-2006, 05:52 PM
Per Marc

Maybe Ortiz can cut the Reds hair before the game? :ughmamoru