PDA

View Full Version : Cubs shopping Maddux??

redsfan4445
04-25-2006, 07:07 PM
this was on
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

"Cubs Shopping Maddux?
A good one from the rumor mill over at Gotham Baseball. Unfortunately their page is not working right now so here's a link to MetsBlog's take on Gotham's report. According to Gotham, Greg Maddux is being shopped. Interested parties: Mets, Yankees, Brewers, Phillies, Diamondbacks, Royals, and Cardinals.

The Cubs would essentially be reducing their rotation to "Carlos Zambrano and pray for a tornado," but Maddux is an impending free agent. My opinion from a couple of weeks ago: he's the same old Mad Dog, just with a well-timed hot streak. Still, dealing him now would be a very early white flag for a Cubs team with a $94MM payroll. Doesn't seem to compute. And the obligatory intradivision thing must be cited for the Brewers and Cards. I am surprised no West Coast teams have been mentioned."

I cant see him a Red.. but i dont want him on the Cards!!!

Buckaholic
04-25-2006, 07:11 PM
Maddux would be a nice fit for the Reds, but I cannot see the Cubs trading him to any of their division foes, honestly. Not right now.

I don't even know what the Cubs would begin to ask for.

redsfan30
04-25-2006, 07:13 PM
I'm not sure I'd pay what they want considering he's only going to be around for another year or two. I wouldn't want to sell the farm for someone who's not a long term answer.

pedro
04-25-2006, 07:15 PM
Maddux is one of those rare pitchers who is really fun to watch pitch.

He's off to a great start this year.

G IP H R HR BB SO W L Sv P/GS WHIP BAA ERA
Season 4 27.1 15 3 1 5 18 4 0 0 88.5 0.73 .163 0.99

If I was the Dodgers I'd trade for him. He'd be great in that park.

MattyHo4Life
04-25-2006, 07:26 PM
The Cardinals are one of the teams rumored to be interested. I can see why they would be interested in Maddux as opposed to Clemens, but I don't see the Cubs trading him to the Cardinals.

UC_Ken
04-25-2006, 07:53 PM
this was on
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/
Interested parties: Mets, Yankees, Brewers, Phillies, Diamondbacks, Royals, and Cardinals.

Royals???

Chip R
04-25-2006, 08:03 PM
Royals???

Yeah. No kidding. I mean, God bless them if they can get him but it is not a fit.

Benny-Distefano
04-25-2006, 08:07 PM
Royals???

Kansas City? I dodnt know they still had a professional baseball team... :confused:

:D

UGADaddy
04-25-2006, 08:09 PM
I don't see the Royals in the mix, nor any division teams. He certainly wouldn't be worth it for what they'll be asking. I love the guy, but he's got another year in him tops. Good strategy on the Cubbies' front office's part, shop him while he's hot. They're not going to be anything this year, which might be Maddux's last good one.

MattyHo4Life
04-25-2006, 08:44 PM
I love the guy, but he's got another year in him tops.

That's true, but that's all a contendor would need him for. 1 or 2 good years.

max venable
04-25-2006, 08:46 PM
I guarantee he'll be a Dodger by next season--if not sooner.