PDA

View Full Version : George Grande a Reds fan?

TOBTTReds
04-25-2006, 10:09 PM
Is Grande a Reds fan? I know we have talked about him many times, but it really bothers me when the Reds do something positive and has no excitement. Tonight when we won, you would have thought it was the first out of the game. "And there it is." No rise in voice or anything. It just bugs me I guess. I know he loves the Cards and all, but he could learn to be a fan of this team too.:thumbdown

KronoRed
04-25-2006, 10:11 PM
He works for the Reds..he's a Cards fan ;)

kxblue
04-25-2006, 10:12 PM
I think George likes the Reds. Personally, I don't need all the excitement as I like to enjoy the game as it is.

But George "caters" to the Reds fan (gears what he says to the fan) even if he isn't one himself and that is all I need.

Gainesville Red
04-25-2006, 10:13 PM
He's a life-long cards fan. Just ask his grandson. ;)

alexad
04-25-2006, 10:13 PM
Please wake me up, I am have a bad dream that George might be a Redsfan. He is terrible. He might be the next to go if he continues to not do his job. New front office with a new attitude.

George must go and take Chris Welsh with you. We need some homers on the air to keep us fired up, not falling asleep at the wheel:help:

MWM
04-25-2006, 10:15 PM
I don't think George is as bad as many make him out to be. I don't especially enjoy listening to him and he's a bit annoying at times, but he's never blatantly bad, IMO. My opinion of him has gone way up this year as I'm listening to the rest of the announcers out there. George really isn't that bad.

Gainesville Red
04-25-2006, 10:16 PM
I def. like him a little more after being stuck watching the Nats TV guys the last couple nights. Now they are BAD.

redsfan30
04-25-2006, 10:19 PM
:rolleyes:

What do you have to say about his excitement over big double plays? I realize it makes people happy to blast the guy, but he gets alot of crap around here he doesn't deserve.

TOBTTReds
04-25-2006, 10:22 PM
:rolleyes:

What do you have to say about his excitement over big double plays? I realize it makes people happy to blast the guy, but he gets alot of crap around here he doesn't deserve.

Yeah I thought about that too. But I just felt like this was a big win and he couldn't care less. I was excited to see the last out, but I guess he wasn't. If you watch any national tv game, even they get excited and they should have no favorites.

Hap
04-25-2006, 10:25 PM
Have we ever had a Grande-bashing thread before?

Fullboat
04-25-2006, 10:26 PM
I say we trade him to the Brewers for their announcers.

redsfan30
04-25-2006, 10:26 PM
Not since 5:00 this afternoon......

macro
04-25-2006, 10:33 PM

About sixteen of them (http://www.redszone.com/forums/search.php?s=&do=showresults&searchid=103050&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending) in the past twelve months or so.