PDA

View Full Version : any1 else tired of espn's political correctness

BUTLER REDSFAN
04-26-2006, 12:16 AM
I know the easy answer is to not watch the station or website---But is anyone else tired of espn's political correctness-Everytime an athlete,player,member of a coaching staff,announcer or member of ownership say anything having to do with a woman,minority, or a homosexual-then espn runs that as their main story for 3 days and then you get bombarded by their columnists on the website telling you what a lowlife that person is..these well paid columnists who sit behind a laptop all day and get to lob their insults at these athletes over an opinion....would love to see them get it handed to them one of these days...whatever happened to just giving the scores and highlights

04-26-2006, 09:17 AM
Too bad an alleged rape is interfering with your television habits.

westofyou
04-26-2006, 11:14 AM
say anything having to do with a woman,minority, or a homosexual
Sounds like another White Mans Burden.

dsmith421
04-26-2006, 12:21 PM
Why don't you blame the person that made the racist, misogynist, or homophobic comment in the first place?

pedro
04-26-2006, 12:24 PM
Sounds like another White Mans Burden.

In betweeen the overbite and not being able to dance or jump it's hard work being white.

Falls City Beer
04-26-2006, 12:26 PM
In betweeen the overbite and not being able to dance or jump it's hard work being white.

Straight up, honkey. Now let's go drown our sorrows.

westofyou
04-26-2006, 12:27 PM
Yeah but no one can race lawnmowers like us.

Dom Heffner
04-26-2006, 12:33 PM
It's good to see your reputation points at 27 after 2 years and 213 posts, BRF.

You rock.

dsmith421
04-26-2006, 12:47 PM

The first rule of White Club is you do not talk about White Club.

Crash Davis
04-26-2006, 12:47 PM
Honestly, yes...a little bit.

But nowhere close to as tired of all Barry Bonds all the time. I just don't care about Barry Bonds. Don't love him. Don't hate him. I just don't care. Please stop shoving every at bat, every hint of an injury, every warning track fly ball, every yahoo who throws something on the field, and every sneeze down our throats. We don't care, and you can't make us care...even if you do have a conveniently timed reality show based on his life.

I swear for a few weeks last month Sports Center consisted solely of interviews with Mike Schmidt, who was writing a book about Barry Bonds, Rob Schneider, Jon Luvitz & the dork from Napoleon Dynamite. Those are the only five people I saw for weeks if I happened to flip past ESPN.

No thanks. I don't tune in to ESPN for highlights anymore. I prefer to see puff pieces with minor celebrities and free advertising for Schmidt's book and "Deuce Bigelow Does Baseball."

If I was as simple-minded as ESPN thinks I am, I'd hang myself with Ray Combs bedsheets.

traderumor
04-26-2006, 01:00 PM
Here I thought this was going to be another thread about Baseball Tonight not giving the Reds enough love.

BTW, BT was slobbering all over Albert Pujols last night. I thought they were going to pull out some $ bills and slip them in his G-string. Now how's that for political correctness?

pedro
04-26-2006, 01:04 PM
One thing I can say is it's hard to get sick of ESPN if you just don't watch it. It pretty much sux these days.

Falls City Beer
04-26-2006, 01:05 PM
Here I thought this was going to be another thread about Baseball Tonight not giving the Reds enough love.

BTW, BT was slobbering all over Albert Pujols last night. I thought they were going to pull out some $ bills and slip them in his G-string. Now how's that for political correctness?

:barf:

Gnarly.

BUTLER REDSFAN
04-26-2006, 02:24 PM
It's good to see your reputation points at 27 after 2 years and 213 posts, BRF.

You rock.
i'm sure if i was part of the liberal lovefest like 75% of this site it would be higher

westofyou
04-26-2006, 02:28 PM
Less Love more Highlights!!!

pedro
04-26-2006, 02:35 PM
i'm sure if i was part of the liberal lovefest like 75% of this site it would be higher

now that's funny.

There are easily as many conservative folks on this board as there are liberals, if not more, and I bet most of them woud be just as quick to distance themselves from your remarks.

paintmered
04-26-2006, 03:02 PM

I think these comments are better suited for ochre's forum.

ochre
04-26-2006, 03:05 PM
I guess I'll have to break out my avatar from last season. Love heals all wounds.

Dom Heffner
04-26-2006, 03:13 PM

NM- I like this site too much :).

Chip R
04-26-2006, 03:19 PM

Does that mean 7.5 of the RedsZone 10 are liberals?

ochre
04-26-2006, 03:21 PM
nah. From what I hear, it's a balanced ticket.

BRM
04-26-2006, 03:21 PM

Would that make one of them a moderate?

ochre
04-26-2006, 03:27 PM
The redzone 7 and the moderate:

KronoRed
04-26-2006, 03:34 PM
7? did they off the 10? :help:

Joseph
04-26-2006, 03:44 PM
I'm tired of ESPN trying to create the story.

I'm tired of ESPN telling me what I should and shouldn't care about.

I'm tired of ESPN thinking people believe everything they say.

I'm tired of ESPN thinking their experts trump all other experts.

I'm tired of Barry Bonds being the featured act of ESPN every night. I don't think it's breaking news to tune in to ESPN News and see that Bonds went 0-2 with an IBB.

I'm tired of ESPN presenting itself as though they are the only game in town.

I'm tired of ESPN, and thus don't watch anything but the occasional ESPN News broadcast to watch the ticker at the bottom.

ochre
04-26-2006, 04:37 PM
7? did they off the 10? :help:
7.5 are liberal. The conservatives wanted no part in the duct taping of the 50/50 moderate. At least that's what Chip indicated.

dsmith421
04-26-2006, 05:03 PM

Welcome to America in 2006. When in doubt, blame "the other team."

remdog
04-26-2006, 05:05 PM
I'm tired of ESPN trying to create the story.

I'm tired of ESPN telling me what I should and shouldn't care about.

I'm tired of ESPN thinking people believe everything they say.

I'm tired of ESPN thinking their experts trump all other experts.

I'm tired of Barry Bonds being the featured act of ESPN every night. I don't think it's breaking news to tune in to ESPN News and see that Bonds went 0-2 with an IBB.

I'm tired of ESPN presenting itself as though they are the only game in town.

I'm tired of ESPN, and thus don't watch anything but the occasional ESPN News broadcast to watch the ticker at the bottom.

Good post Joseph. You're the one moderator in this thread that hasn't gotten off topic in order to ridicule someone. Tip o' the hat to ya'.

Personally, I haven't watched BBTN since Monday----that was when I woke up at about 5 AM and flipped on the TV. Gee, the bass fishing and deer hunting was over but BBTN was on. Luckily for me, Reds highlights came on about 3 minutes later, I watched them and then switched to CNBC for the business news. :)

Rem

Cedric
04-26-2006, 05:07 PM
What in the hell is the ten thing about anyway? If people wanna do inside jokes can't they go somewhere else and not clog up the board?

Chip R
04-26-2006, 05:15 PM
What in the hell is the ten thing about anyway? If people wanna do inside jokes can't they go somewhere else and not clog up the board?

If you don't like it, don't read it.

registerthis
04-26-2006, 05:20 PM

I'm an anarchist. So I guess I don't count.

Cedric
04-26-2006, 05:29 PM
If you don't like it, don't read it.

I don't dislike it or like it. What in the hell does it have to do with the thread?

ochre
04-26-2006, 05:35 PM
I don't dislike it or like it. What in the hell does it have to do with the thread?
about as much as you complaining about it I guess.

Danny Serafini
04-26-2006, 05:53 PM
If there was ever a thread just crying out to be locked...