PDA

View Full Version : Blockbuster!

TeamSelig
04-26-2006, 09:34 PM
I just accepted this trade that was offered to me. Probably the craziest trade I've seen in a while....

I traded:

LF Barry Bonds
SS Miguel Tejada
1B/3B/RF Chad Tracy
CL Bobby Jenks
SP Mark Mulder

I received:

1B/LF Adam Dunn
SS Jhonny Peralta
1B Jason Giambi
CL Tim Worrell
SP Ben Sheets

Seems pretty even to me, but there are a few If's and but's. Bonds has started to hit HRs, but seems to be hurt. Tejada is good like always, but Peralta has started slow (but had a great rookie season so I'm hoping he comes around). They had Giambi on their bench behind Shelton & Thome so I got him for a lesser value than normal. It sucks losing Jenks, but Worrell is okay (had a recent bad outing), and Sheets is better than Mulder IMO, but just came back from an injury.

Here is my new team after the huge trade....

C J. Posada
1B A. Pujols
2B F. Lopez
3B S. Rolen
SS J. Peralta
LF A. Dunn
CF A. Jones
RF L. Berkman
UTIL J. Giambi / P. Burrell
BN: P. Burrell / J. Giambi
BN: B. Crosby (SS)

SP R. Harden
SP J. Peavy
SP B. Sheets
RP H. Street
RP C. Ray
P T. Worrell
BN: S. Kazmir
DL N. Lowry

My lineup is pretty ridiculous, and my staff isn't too bad. Who should I start out of Burrell and Giambi? Should I try to trade one of them and Worrell for a top closer? Or package one with Kazmir for a good starter? Or just leave it alone?

Buckeye33
04-27-2006, 07:29 AM
Giambi has to start since he is in the middle of that explosive offense in NY.

Good trade for you imo. I'd say you need to try to get a stud closer to round out your team. Street is hurt and Worrell is just filling in until Benitez is healthy.

Try to flip Burrell or Giambi for a good closer.

Caveat Emperor
04-27-2006, 05:20 PM
SP R. Harden
SP J. Peavy
SP B. Sheets
RP H. Street
RP C. Ray
P T. Worrell
BN: S. Kazmir
DL N. Lowry

Your staff sounds a lot like mine. I'm in a 10 team yahoo league with a lot of baseball-saavy friends from down in Louisiana. My staff is:

SP: D. Willis
SP: J. Peavy
SP: C. Capuano
SP: J. Beckett
RP: C. Ray
RP: H. Street
RP: C. Reitsma
P: Mike Timlin (Holds are a stat in my league)

I have to say, I've been disappointed with Huston Street thus far. His ERA is awful, and it sounds like he's gonna have nagging torso muscle injuries all season. My bullpen was weak to begin with, this only makes matters worse. I tried all week to pawn him off on someone else, but nobody was biting.

It sucks being in a league where everyone knows their baseball.

Redsnake
05-02-2006, 03:43 PM
I'm not a big fan of your trade what so ever. The reason why...I own both Lopez and Peralta in one of my league and there killing me. However I picked up Lowell and J.Wilson and haven't played Peralta or Lopez in 2 weeks. I went from last in a 10 team league to 3rd.

Just a heads up, something you might have to deal with.

TeamSelig
05-03-2006, 01:33 PM
Peralta has slumped so far this year, but if you look at his stats from last year, you can't get much better at SS. I think he will improve. Lopez has quite a few SBs so I can handle him for now, I think he will improve as well.

I'm not really that worried about it.

Redsnake
05-04-2006, 09:07 AM
I'm sure they will turn it around and have fine numbers. I just know my team suffered with them. That's a fact.

Good luck.

TeamSelig
05-05-2006, 02:49 AM
Yeah, I wish they would hurry.