PDA

View Full Version : Manager Approval Ratings Narron #2

kaldaniels
04-28-2006, 04:04 PM
So the results of the poll don't make any sense at all, just judging fan's reaction to their teams starts. Fact is though, Narron is 61-53 with this team so far...is he the man we need??? I only ask that because at a casual glance, I still see more criticism than praise of Narron on this site.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/mlb/sportsnation/ratings

Don't forget to watch Lancaster at 430 on ESPN news.

Fullboat
04-28-2006, 04:30 PM
I think he is doing a fantastic job so far,his only fault is he is slow with the hook but
with our bullpen woes its understandable.

registerthis
04-28-2006, 04:38 PM
I'm not a fan of the lineup shuffling, but I think Narron is doing OK. I still think he's merely a stopgap until RCast can get the guy he wants in place.

WMR
04-28-2006, 04:44 PM
Yeah I'm no Narron fan, but he's a lot easier to stomach than Miley ever was.

My biggest beef: Enough with the late-inning RA for EdE "Defensive replacements."

I find many of his decisions still to be 'head-scratchers' sometimes. Could be worse.

Highlifeman21
04-28-2006, 04:56 PM
I'm not a fan of the lineup shuffling, but I think Narron is doing OK. I still think he's merely a stopgap until RCast can get the guy he wants in place.

Does this mystery man have a name?

Any love for courting Lou Pinella back to the Reds?

pedro
04-28-2006, 04:58 PM
I think Jerry's OK. He seems to be a good clubhouse guy w/out being a pushover.

I'm not too concerned about some of the by the book stuff he does, even if it is agravating. Most managers woudl do the same stuff.

redsfanmia
04-28-2006, 07:26 PM
Does this mystery man have a name?

Any love for courting Lou Pinella back to the Reds?
I hope not lets have our memories of Lou. Narron has done a great job, I like him alot.

realistic
04-28-2006, 07:54 PM
I hated the Narron hiring at the start but I think the man is a true 'manager'. From a business world standpoint I think he knows how to mature ,motivate, and pacify his players which is important. His game decisions arent ones i always agree with - hes a bit too conservative , or maybe im a bit too agressive.

Bottom line is im very satisfied with him as the Reds manager. Id give him a B+.

KoryMac5
04-28-2006, 08:31 PM
I don't mind Jerry either but when the team is winning everything is through rose colored glasses. I do like his handling of the bullpen though Coffey and Weathers really have defined roles which you like to see.

Phhhl
04-28-2006, 11:27 PM
I think he is doing fine. Nobody agrees with everything a manager does. At least he didn't panic early on and send Edwin back to Kentucky. He is showing a lot of faith in Coffey, and it is paying off. He is not micromanaging the staff and is stretching out the starters a little more than any manager we have had in the last decade, and that is paying off too. Aurilia has earned the trust Narron has shown him. He must have at least been in involved in the decision to play Phillips and dump Womack. The team is finally getting younger and better. I have complained about the guy since the day he was hired, but there comes a point when you have to give someone their due. I'm certainly not ready to anoint him as "the guy" that takes my beloved Reds to the next level. But, he's earned a degree of respect.

redsrule2500
04-28-2006, 11:34 PM
I hated the Narron hiring at the start but I think the man is a true 'manager'. From a business world standpoint I think he knows how to mature ,motivate, and pacify his players which is important. His game decisions arent ones i always agree with - hes a bit too conservative , or maybe im a bit too agressive.

Bottom line is im very satisfied with him as the Reds manager. Id give him a B+.

Agreed, put very well.

PickOff
04-28-2006, 11:42 PM
The team is 16-7, with the best record in the Majors. It is mighty hard to say he isn't doing a good job. That said, there is always room for improvement. I have to say though, just about every time I second guess a lineup or a move it works out in the Reds favor. Keep the Narron magic going, if the Reds start losing, then I can point the finger.