PDA

View Full Version : Reds.com Tickets for Saturday: Is this unusual?

RBA
04-29-2006, 12:24 AM
I was checking to see how the sales were going for tickets and here is what I got:

"The ticketing system currently indicates that there are no seats available for this game or it is not onsale."

http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/MLBEventInfo?gameid=2006/04/29/houmlb-cinmlb-1

Is this unusual for the ticket system or is the game close to a sell out?

savafan
04-29-2006, 12:29 AM
The game is a sell out. I went to Meijer to get tickets and there weren't any available. I'm going to the Ringling Bros, Barnum & Bailey Circus instead.

BuckWoody
04-29-2006, 12:34 AM
That's where I'll be tomorrow afternoon too instead of at home with a cold beverage watching the draft on one channel and the Reds on the other.:explode:

We're taking our girls to the game on Sunday, though. :thumbup:

savafan
04-29-2006, 12:38 AM
That's where I'll be tomorrow afternoon too instead of at home with a cold beverage watching the draft on one channel and the Reds on the other.:explode:

It's not so bad BW. I went to the "Greatest Show on Earth" two years ago and was blown away. I'm looking forward to it tomorrow.

BuckWoody
04-29-2006, 12:45 AM
It's not so bad BW. I went to the "Greatest Show on Earth" two years ago and was blown away. I'm looking forward to it tomorrow.
We've been a couple of times ourselves. The girls love it so it won't be too bad. If you get there early you can go down on the floor and meet the clowns and get closer to some of the animals and such.

I'll catch the game when I get home. TiVo rocks! :thumbup:

TeamBoone
04-29-2006, 01:18 AM
What about the $5 seats? Don't they sell those on gameday only?

Phhhl
04-29-2006, 01:19 AM
A sellout is awesome! I'd love to go, but I'm just as glad that I can't.

It's a lot easier to sell out in a city like Chicago that has 3 million people. We have just under 400,000, which means that a sell out requires almost a tenth of our entire population. This city gets a bad rap. Let's see how St. Louis does if they ever suffer a decade like we just had. They don't call it the "Show Me State" for nothing. Reds fans are some of the best in all of baseball. We just don't happen to be suckers.

TeamBoone
04-29-2006, 01:22 AM
As of the last census, 1.5 million (including suburbs).

Edit: actually it's a bit higher than I thought.

The Census Bureau reported earlier this year that Hamilton County's population had dropped 2.6 percent from April 2000 to July 2003, while the 15-county Greater Cincinnati metropolitan area grew by almost 2 percent to 2,047,333.

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2004/06/24/loc_loc1acensus.html

Phhhl
04-29-2006, 01:24 AM
As of the last census, 1.5 million (including suburbs).

Don't stop me. I'm on a roll. :beerme:

US Census as of 2000
http://www.demographia.com/db-uscity98.htm

NastyBoy
04-29-2006, 01:35 AM
What about the $5 seats? Don't they sell those on gameday only?

I find it hard to believe the game is sold out. It is $4 bleacher days tomorrow.

$5 tickets are ussually game day only... unless all other seats are sold out (ie opening day)

jhiller21
04-29-2006, 01:39 AM
I'll be there on Sunday... my $36 seats are the worst seats possible for the price, almost the last row in the furthest section from home. (3rd base side)

At least I'm under cover if it rains :)

redsmetz
04-29-2006, 07:47 AM

It used to be if you were going to the circus, you were seeing the Reds. Now you're going to see the "Greatest Show on Earth" and it's the Reds! :beerme:

KittyDuran
04-29-2006, 07:58 AM
:p: Well I was just going to go down and get a $5 ticket - oh well...

kaldaniels
04-29-2006, 08:03 AM

It's a lot easier to sell out in a city like Chicago that has 3 million people. We have just under 400,000, which means that a sell out requires almost a tenth of our entire population. This city gets a bad rap. Let's see how St. Louis does if they ever suffer a decade like we just had. They don't call it the "Show Me State" for nothing. Reds fans are some of the best in all of baseball. We just don't happen to be suckers.

Your point is correct about Cincy at a disadvantage however...not all fans are coming from Cincy (1/10 of the pop. would never show up)...however my question is...what percent of fans at a game are from Cincy and what percent is from out of towners in anyone's estimate.

Heath
04-29-2006, 08:19 AM
Even the Diamond Seats are sold out.

Wow - what an atmosphere today.

redsfan30
04-29-2006, 09:38 AM
Should be a great day for a baseball game today!

dougdirt
04-29-2006, 09:42 AM
Guys, this is the same thing as yesterday. The game is not sold out in all likelihood. They just are only selling tickets at the stadium. My friends went yesterday and couldnt buy tickets online, but got down to the stadium and were able to buy as many tickets as they wanted at the ticket window. Call the Reds and double check for sure, but that was the case yesterday.

MattyHo4Life
04-29-2006, 09:45 AM

This is what happens when you put a winner on the field. Big market, Small market, it doesn't matter. If you want ot make money, you put a winner on the field, and people will pay to see the games.

Hollcat
04-29-2006, 01:21 PM
From looking on TV it surely isn't a sellout, maybe the crowd will fill in as the game gets going but now it doesn't look like more than 25K or so.

dougdirt
04-29-2006, 01:43 PM
its not a sellout. they just werent selling tickets online today. same thing as yesterday.

KronoRed
04-29-2006, 02:49 PM
The fake sellout then? ;)

HotCorner
04-29-2006, 03:28 PM
I don't believe you can buy same-day tickets on-line.

KittyDuran
04-29-2006, 03:56 PM
Well, this is the last time go w/what's online.... Marty just said it was only 25,000+...:angry:

RBA
04-29-2006, 04:07 PM
That is just stupid. Why not sell tickets online up to a couple hours before the game?

TOBTTReds
04-29-2006, 04:08 PM
its not a sellout. they just werent selling tickets online today. same thing as yesterday.

Thanks for knocking some sense into this thread.

KittyDuran
04-29-2006, 04:09 PM
That is just stupid. Why not sell tickets online up to a couple hours before the game?Well, I knew that... but Sava stated that he went to Meijer and there wasn't any available... :dunno:

Anyhoo, I'll be there tomorrow for sure [even in the rain]...:beerme:

KittyDuran
04-29-2006, 04:10 PM
Thanks for knocking some sense into this thread.Too late, tho'...:(

RBA
04-29-2006, 04:11 PM
Sorry to all for starting this thread. But blame Sava, he said it was a sell out, not me. ;) I just had a question. If you like, you can neg me to feel better. ;)

KronoRed
04-29-2006, 04:13 PM
Sava it is

Get a rope

:devil:

TeamBoone
04-29-2006, 05:17 PM
I agree that it's foolish not to sell tickets online up to two hours before game time. They can be picked up at Will Call so mailing isn't the issue.

I didn't realize that they don't sell them online for the current day's game. They lost some money today apparently because they didn't do that; perhaps they need to rethink this practice (or is it a MLB mandate?).

RBA
04-29-2006, 05:30 PM
No it's not a mandate from MLB. For example I can get some Braves tickets right now for a game that starts in a couple hours. Some teams let you print out your tickets at home.

Notice how I started this thread at 12:24 A.M. , which is more than 12 hours before the start of the game. I think someone in the Reds ticket sales management is being a bonehead.

TeamBoone
04-29-2006, 05:31 PM
If it's not an MLB mandate, then you're correct, especially when they need every butt in the seats that they can manage to get there.

Time for me to write a letter!

PS - you can print Reds tickets at home too, so they can't use that as an excuse. Plus, that's what the Will Call window is for.

Chip R
04-29-2006, 07:23 PM
Notice how I started this thread at 12:24 A.M. , which is more than 12 hours before the start of the game. I think someone in the Reds ticket sales management is being a bonehead.

Shocking. :lol:

Kitty, you gonna be in the usual place tomorrow?

MattyHo4Life
04-29-2006, 07:42 PM
I have bought Cardinals tickets online a couple of hours before the game as well before.

KittyDuran
04-29-2006, 08:37 PM
Shocking. :lol:

Kitty, you gonna be in the usual place tomorrow?If I can get a ticket...;) Sure - and IF IT'S SUNNY - I'll be on the other side...:devil:

savafan
04-30-2006, 09:31 PM
Wait, it had to be a sellout! Now I'm bummed, because I don't get many opportunities to go to games, and I really wanted to go yesterday. I was at Meijer, the girl was looking up the tickets on the computer and she had my credit card in hand. This was on Thursday, and she said there were no tickets available. :confused: