PDA

View Full Version : Tickets are too expensive!

redsrule2500
04-30-2006, 03:35 AM
Why do the upper deck cost 9 bucks? That's too much I liked the 5 dollar ones...

WMR
04-30-2006, 04:11 AM
How else is Castellini going to get our payroll up to 75 million? ;)

Everyone's got to sacrifice.

MattyHo4Life
04-30-2006, 05:49 AM
Why do the upper deck cost 9 bucks? That's too much I liked the 5 dollar ones...

Wow...I wish we could get $9 tickets in St. Louis. That's cheap.

huber14
04-30-2006, 06:21 AM
i would go to more games if it was cheaper causing them to get more of my money, it doesnt make sense....oh and its $9 for bleachers $12 for upper deck and $5 for the oufield upperdeck seats that u buy at the game

GAC
04-30-2006, 06:58 AM
Wow...I wish we could get $9 tickets in St. Louis. That's cheap.

We have instituted the barter system here in Cincy, which has led to numerous scrapes. ;)

Castellini should introduce Produce Night..... half price tickets for a bushel of asparagus! :lol:

Newman4
04-30-2006, 07:15 AM

Hey, read my signature. I might be able to help you out with some $5 tickets.:thumbup: Message me if interested.

PuffyPig
04-30-2006, 09:26 AM
$9 seems like peanuts compared to hockey tickets.

$100 regular season tickets in Calgary have become $150 for the first round of the playoffs, and will reach $250 for the last round.

MattyHo4Life
04-30-2006, 09:30 AM
If you aren't willing to spend more money on tickets, then you can't expect the team to raise the payroll and add better players. A big reason why the Cardinals have a near $100Mil payroll is because tickets cost a lot more than they do in Cincinnati, and a Cardinals ticket is still a lot cheaper than a Rams or a Blues ticket.

StillFunkyB
04-30-2006, 09:35 AM
If you aren't willing to spend more money on tickets, then you can't expect the team to raise the payroll and add better players. A big reason why the Cardinals have a near $100Mil payroll is because tickets cost a lot more than they do in Cincinnati, and a Cardinals ticket is still a lot cheaper than a Rams or a Blues ticket.

No kidding, I paid 49 dollars after fees and tax for that seat in LF. I was in the very last row under the deck on the end next to the stairs.

I was fine paying that to go to one game. I was thinking that dropping a Grant on that seat was a bit much after I got there.

The question is, will those prices go down at all once all the seats are open? I really doubt it.

Joseph
04-30-2006, 09:36 AM
Yeah, the tickets in Cincinnati are cheap, you really shouldn't complain about it.

RedFanAlways1966
04-30-2006, 09:37 AM

And speaking of peanuts... $9 seems cheap if you decide to eat while at the game! Spending more to eat & drink than the ticket is like spending more on a concert t-shirt than the concert ticket. Just doesn't seem right for some reason...

Must be a list somewhere on the avg. ticket price for each MLB team. I'd guess the REDS are closer to the bottom than the top.

Chip R
04-30-2006, 09:40 AM

Then buy the $5 tickets next time.

MattyHo4Life
04-30-2006, 09:58 AM
The question is, will those prices go down at all once all the seats are open? I really doubt it.

I doubt it. Most of the seats have already been sold. Tickets have been expensive for the last several years. It would be nice if they were cheaper, but then we would be watching a team like the Royals play.

dougdirt
04-30-2006, 10:02 AM
Well the Reds run half price ticket deals all the time. I dont know how old you are, but they have half price ticket nights for Teens/College Students/Senior Citizens at least twice a month. You have to buy the ticket in advance, but any non premium seat is half price. There are also tons of other ways to get seats half price. Some times pepsi cans have deals on them, family days you buy 1 ticket for full price and get the rest of the family for half price....and not to mention you can just buy 5 dollar tickets the day of the game. Then you get your 9 dollar bleacher seats, which I personally hate becuase unless you are in the first few rows, you cant see the entire field.

wheels
04-30-2006, 10:16 AM
I don't think they raised ticket prices this season, did they?

1Wildcat1
04-30-2006, 10:21 AM
Tickets are so cheap try getting a $9 seat at any other sport.

westofyou
04-30-2006, 10:27 AM
$8 is the cheapest tickest in Portland for an AAA game, what was the complaint again?

The Reds suck or the Tickets cost too much?

Unassisted
04-30-2006, 10:29 AM
Tickets are so cheap try getting a $9 seat at any other sport.I live in a city with one major sports team, a team that won a world championship last year. I'd be lucky to have gotten a $30 ticket to that team's games, since they were all sold out.

Highlifeman21
04-30-2006, 10:31 AM

$100 regular season tickets in Calgary have become $150 for the first round of the playoffs, and will reach $250 for the last round.

Hockey survived? Who knew?

PuffyPig
04-30-2006, 10:36 AM

Those that appreciate the fastest and toughest sport around...

:laugh:

westofyou
04-30-2006, 10:38 AM
Folks who like their football on skates and without all those huddles.

Or simply.... me.

Fullboat
04-30-2006, 10:43 AM

:lol: It Propably Costs $9 to get a bag of peanuts and a drink to wash them down
at Fenway.

westofyou
04-30-2006, 10:47 AM
http://www.maurybrown.com/?p=124

Here’s the highs and the lows for those bringing the family to the ballpark this season.

* Where will I pay the highest average ticket price? Boston’s Fenway Park. Average ticket price $46.46

* Where’s the least expensive average ticket? Kansas City’s Kauffman Stadium. Average ticket price $13.71.

* Most expensive beer? Fenway. $6 for 12 oz.

* Least expensive beer? Ameriquest Field, home to the Texas Rangers. Strap yourself in… you get 22 oz. for the same price as 12 oz. at Fenway: $6

* Most expensive parking? The Giants’ AT&T Park: $25

* Least Expensive Parking? When you’re trying to win back fans, this is a place to start… Tropicana Field, home to the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. Cost… Free is a very good price.

* Most expensive hot dog? It’s $4.50 at Shea and Dodger stadium.

* Least expensive hot dog? $2.25 at Pittsburgh’s PNC Park.

There’s more, but let’s cut to the chase…

* What’s the most expensive ballpark to attend with a family of 4? Boston’s Fenway park. FCI is 287.84, an increase of 4.20% from the year prior.

* What’s the least expensive trip for the family of 4? Kansas City’s Kauffman Stadium. FCI is 120.35. Increase from the year prior? 0%

* Which ballpark will charge you more this year than last for the family? The Met’s Shea Stadium. An 11.88% increase in the FCI from last season.

* Which ballpark cut prices this year to try and bring you in? The Tampa Bay Devil Rays with a -9.69% drop from the year prior.

indyred
04-30-2006, 11:27 AM
Baseball is still the best priced ticket out there........

creek14
04-30-2006, 11:28 AM
:lol: It Propably Costs $9 to get a bag of peanuts and a drink to wash them down
at Fenway.
It costs about that much at the GAB. Heck a 20oz bottle of water is $4.

MattyHo4Life
04-30-2006, 11:31 AM
Those that appreciate the fastest and toughest sport around...

:laugh:

The NHL is tough, but it isn't the toughest sport around. The PBR has them beat by a mile. :D A hockey player wouldn't last a second in the PBR.

www.pbrnow.com

westofyou
04-30-2006, 11:38 AM
The NHL is tough, but it isn't the toughest sport around. The PBR has them beat by a mile. :D A hockey player wouldn't last a second in the PBR.

www.pbrnow.com
Is getting on an animal in chaps a sport?

I'd say it's an activity.

An odd one at that.

MattyHo4Life
04-30-2006, 11:49 AM
Is getting on an animal in chaps a sport?

I'd say it's an activity.

An odd one at that.

It is a competition that takes a lot of athletic ability to win. So yeah...I would consider it a sport.

westofyou
04-30-2006, 11:52 AM
It is a competition that takes a lot of athletic ability to win. So yeah...I would consider it a sport.
But do they all ride the same bulls?

My take is a sport is the measure of opponents who must overcome the same odds, by riding seperate animals (or the same animal at different times) that changes the level of the field (IMO)

MattyHo4Life
04-30-2006, 11:59 AM
But do they all ride the same bulls?

My take is a sport is the measure of opponents who must overcome the same odds, by riding seperate animals (or the same animal at different times) that changes the level of the field (IMO)

Not at the same time, but they do eventually in a season. The bulls in each round are of a similar caliber, and the points are adjusted depending on the caliber of bull ridden.

westofyou
04-30-2006, 12:02 PM
Not at the same time, but they do eventually in a season. The bulls in each round are of a similar caliber, and the points are adjusted depending on the caliber of bull ridden.
Ok... but do they do it on ice?

No..... so hockey's harder. :mooner:

toledodan
04-30-2006, 12:02 PM
22OZ beer for 6 bucks at ameriquest field? damn i should have transfered to arlington while i could.:angry:

i'm one who really doesn't care where i sit. when i used to go to cinergy field i always bought the top 3 or 6 row seats behind home plate. they were dirt cheap, it got me into the park and alowed me to spend money on other things. GABP even for upper deck behind home plate is still a reasonable price. teams like the yankees and red sox have the high payroll but have expensive seats all around.

MattyHo4Life
04-30-2006, 12:11 PM
Ok... but do they do it on ice?

No..... so hockey's harder. :mooner:

Nope, but there are a lot more injuries in the PBR, because it's tougher. :beerme:

Newman4
04-30-2006, 12:43 PM
Hey, it appears while GABP is on the low end for tickets, it's on the high end for concession prices.

8.25 for a cheeseburger and fries

4.50 for a large soda (not even in a take home cup anymore)

3.75 for the small soda

I used to go to the Machine Room before the games and it was always about the same price as ballpark food but better quality. You also could order a Pepsi and get free refills and take your drink into the ballpark.

MattyHo4Life
04-30-2006, 12:47 PM
Do you have prices for the concessions at other parks? That doesn't seem any higher than what I've seen anywhere else. Of course...there are a lot of places that I haven't been. :)

Hey, it appears while GABP is on the low end for tickets, it's on the high end for concession prices.

8.25 for a cheeseburger and fries

4.50 for a large soda (not even in a take home cup anymore)

3.75 for the small soda

I used to go to the Machine Room before the games and it was always about the same price as ballpark food but better quality. You also could order a Pepsi and get free refills and take your drink into the ballpark.

Newman4
04-30-2006, 12:52 PM
Do you have prices for the concessions at other parks? That doesn't seem any higher than what I've seen anywhere else. Of course...there are a lot of places that I haven't been. :)

I'm kinda going by the article posted and the high end prices. Although I know the prices have went up each year at GABP. For instance, the same burger and fries was 7.00 when the park opened.

huber14
05-01-2006, 10:18 AM
who has the cheapest tickets in MLB?

Roy Tucker
05-01-2006, 10:44 AM
I prefer watching the games through the knothole in the OF fence.