PDA

View Full Version : Big 2 games!

UPRedsFan
05-01-2006, 10:53 AM
I'm thinking this will be the biggest 2 games of the year so far. Even a split with St Louis after winning the Houston series will be huge. Going 3-2 against the top 2 teams in the NL (ok maybe the Mets are there too) and beating Oswalt and Pettite should make anyone who's paying attention believe that the Reds are not a team to be taken lightly. It could be a Houston, St Louis, Cincinnati race for the wild card. Note to Bronson and Williams: don't pitch to that Albert guy unless you have no one on base and you're up by more than 1 run!

redsfan30
05-01-2006, 10:56 AM
While no conclusions should be drawn from the next two days, they are big.

Joseph
05-01-2006, 11:09 AM
I hate to sound cliched, but the next two games are always the biggest two games of the year if you play the game the right way. After the Cards leave Tuesday, the next two will be the biggest two games of the year, IMO.

redsfan30
05-01-2006, 11:14 AM
I hate to sound cliched, but the next two games are always the biggest two games of the year if you play the game the right way. After the Cards leave Tuesday, the next two will be the biggest two games of the year, IMO.
Well said. The good teams treat ALL games played like the biggest game of the year.

Falls City Beer
05-01-2006, 11:21 AM
Aren't intradivisional games a bit "bigger" by their nature?

6-4-3
05-01-2006, 11:26 AM
In theory, the next 2 should always be the biggest. The Reds need a big outing from Bronson tonight in order to at least get a split. However, these are some big games...

*The only series the Reds didn't win/split this year was @ STL.

smith288
05-01-2006, 11:36 AM
IBB Poo-Holes. I dont care if the bases are juiced.

OnBaseMachine
05-01-2006, 11:54 AM
Take one of two and I'll be happy. That would put the Reds at 18-9 with the easier part of the schedule coming up.

My goal is for a 16 win May - that would put them at 33-20 going in to June. Anything under 14 wins would be a huge disappointment if this team really expects to stay in the race until July.

LincolnparkRed
05-01-2006, 12:09 PM
Just remember this is the 1 year anniversary of the "Monday night Meltdown" where a 9-3 lead turned into a defeat. Funny how the schedulers wound up with these two teams playing in Cincy exactly on the same day a year later

Tommyjohn25
05-01-2006, 03:46 PM
Just remember this is the 1 year anniversary of the "Monday night Meltdown" where a 9-3 lead turned into a defeat. Funny how the schedulers wound up with these two teams playing in Cincy exactly on the same day a year later

:thumbdown :bang: :help: :bash: :explode: :scared: :shocked: :censored: :redface: :runawaycr :runaway: :rant2: :yikes: :all_cohol :angry:

ochre
05-01-2006, 03:55 PM
I refuse to get excited about any reds team until at least after mother's day.

MattyHo4Life
05-01-2006, 04:01 PM
Take one of two and I'll be happy. That would put the Reds at 18-9 with the easier part of the schedule coming up.

How could you of all people, be happy with anything less than a series sweep of that AAA line-up and overrated pitching staff? ;)

BRM
05-01-2006, 04:08 PM
How could you of all people, be happy with anything less than a series sweep of that AAA line-up and overrated pitching staff? ;)

A series sweep with Dave Williams on the hill for game 2 is nearly impossible. Even if he is the best LHP in the NL. ;)

toledodan
05-01-2006, 04:10 PM
:thumbdown :bang: :help: :bash: :explode: :scared: :shocked: :censored: :redface: :runawaycr :runaway: :rant2: :yikes: :all_cohol :angry:

i was thinking the same thing.:D

OnBaseMachine
05-01-2006, 04:20 PM

Because even I know that Dave Williams is bad enough to make that AAA lineup look good.

BuckU
05-01-2006, 04:22 PM
IBB Poo-Holes.

:laugh:

Blimpie
05-01-2006, 04:23 PM
I just read on the scoreboard crawl that ESPN will soon file an injunction against RedsZone if we do not cease and desist posting in this thread about two teams playing in a National League series this week. Apparently, there is another three game series being played in the American League that THEY think might be a bigger series.

Scoreboard Crawl Footnote: ESPN wanted to add that if Albert Pujols homers during the next two games, they need somebody to leave a message on Stuart Scott's voicemail so that he can remember to add a "booyah" to the nightly broadcast.

MattyHo4Life
05-01-2006, 04:25 PM
Because even I know that Dave Williams is bad enough to make that AAA lineup look good.

Ahhhhh I C :)