PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Congratulation to All Cards Fans.....

Cigar2
05-02-2006, 11:43 AM
...For their teams victory in todays game. I just thought I would get this out of the way.

So Congratulation to MattyMo and the rest of Cards fans on this board posting or lurking.
To thir teams crushing defeat of Dave Williams and the Reds today.:evil:

BuckU
05-02-2006, 11:48 AM
Did you see the lineup LaRussa is trotting out there today? Even Dave Williams has a chance...

TeamBoone
05-02-2006, 11:51 AM
Gee, maybe the Reds should just forfeit and forget about playing the game today.

MattyHo4Life
05-02-2006, 11:58 AM
Did you see the lineup LaRussa is trotting out there today? Even Dave Williams has a chance...

I think LaRussa handicapped the line-up so Williams would have a chance. :)

The question is... Should Dave Williams receive another start if he can't dominate this line-up?

IowaRed
05-02-2006, 12:02 PM
Didn't LaRussa make some very glowing comments about Williams when the trade was made? Something about Williams being one of the top left-handers they saw last year? I have a friend at work who is a die-hard Cardinals fan that says the Cards always have trouble with "soft-tossing" lefties. Not sure if that is true but for the Reds sake I sure hope so

flyer85
05-02-2006, 12:04 PM
Even Dave Williams has a chance...out on a limb today.

smith288
05-02-2006, 12:05 PM
This could be a rope-a-dope to the baseball gods to give us the W

MattyHo4Life
05-02-2006, 12:11 PM
Didn't LaRussa make some very glowing comments about Williams when the trade was made? Something about Williams being one of the top left-handers they saw last year? I have a friend at work who is a die-hard Cardinals fan that says the Cards always have trouble with "soft-tossing" lefties. Not sure if that is true but for the Reds sake I sure hope so

The Cards have a hard time against good soft tossing lefties and rookies that they have never faced before. Having said that, they usually do pretty well against Dave Williams. I've read the comments that LaRussa made, but I couldn't tell how serious he was. They just didn't seem believable.

oneupper
05-02-2006, 12:17 PM
LaRussa wants Williams to put up a good line so we don't DFA him.

He figures he can still pull out a win in a close one and if Williams pitches 20 more times this year, its another 15 losses for the REDS, 3-4 perhaps against the Card.

Crafty Fox, that LaRussa.

MattyHo4Life
05-02-2006, 05:08 PM
Congrats on a great series win. A two game sweep... I'm glad the Cards are leaving Cincinnati, and heading to Houston. It's time to make up some ground now. The Reds are so good that they can't even lose with Dave Williams on the mound. ;) Regardless...the Reds played a great game today.

OnBaseMachine
05-02-2006, 05:12 PM
Congrats on a great series win. A two game sweep... I'm glad the Cards are leaving Cincinnati, and heading to Houston. It's time to make up some ground now. The Reds are so good that they can't even lose with Dave Williams on the mound. ;) Regardless...the Reds played a great game today.

You better hope the Cards win that series or Astrosbuddy will be all over your back.;)

MattyHo4Life
05-02-2006, 05:15 PM
You better hope the Cards win that series or Astrosbuddy will be all over your back.;)

Yeah...no kidding. Pujols had better be back tomorrow. I'm hoping Rolen is too.

guttle11
05-02-2006, 05:37 PM
Syke~!

Astrobuddy
05-02-2006, 07:13 PM
It wont matter, Pujols is great but the rest of the Cards lineup is nothing to be worried about even with Pujols in there.

If the Astros bullpen comes around, the Astros will be dangerous, if not... Bye bye.

red-in-la
05-02-2006, 07:35 PM
Astrobuddy should try watching his team sans Berkman......ouch......

Some folks seem to forget that the Reds have been without JR (again) for over 2 weeks. Sure, JR isn't a Pujols anymore, but Aurilia hitting 3rd leaves a pretty big hole.

Anyway.....any team that can throw Oswalt and Pettite at you doesn't need an Albert Pujols....IMHO

Astrobuddy
05-02-2006, 07:41 PM
The Astros have more offense without Berkman than the Cards have without Pujols. Aint much, but its more.

guttle11
05-02-2006, 08:04 PM
It wont matter, Pujols is great but the rest of the Cards lineup is nothing to be worried about even with Pujols in there.

If the Astros bullpen comes around, the Astros will be dangerous, if not... Bye bye.

The Astros offense without Berkman would consist of Morgan Ensberg and a ton of outs.

The Cardinals offense without Pujols would consist of Edmonds, Rolen, and a ton of outs.

I like the Cardinals in that category.

Astrobuddy
05-02-2006, 08:14 PM
Guttle, you been on another planet for a while? Rolen is out with a mysterious "fever" and Edmonds is hitting .203 with .301 OBP .. soooooo... without Pujols the Cards would have nothing but NOTHING, as you guys saw today.

The Astros are alot better off without Berkman than the Cards are without Pujols.

The Astros are a better team, period.

Izzardius
05-02-2006, 08:33 PM
Guttle, you been on another planet for a while? Rolen is out with a mysterious "fever" and Edmonds is hitting .203 with .301 OBP .. soooooo... without Pujols the Cards would have nothing but NOTHING, as you guys saw today.

The Astros are alot better off without Berkman than the Cards are without Pujols.

The Astros are a better team, period.

Rolen should be back for the series in Houston, and anyone who has ever had Bronchitis knows that it can linger for about a week or so. Rolen was playing very will when he got sick, so I'm not worried. Edmonds is a streaky hitter, although his is getting older and my concern about his reliability has gone up. David Eckstein and Hector Luna have formed a decent enough 1-2 combo in front of Pujols, and John Rodriguez should be at least decent as well. My biggest worry about the lineup is Juan Encanacion and the infatuation with him hitting 2nd. Outside if him the lineup isn't bad by any means. Minus Pujols, Rolen, and Edmonds, yeah, its pretty bad. But don't expect all three of them to be out again anytime soon.

So in summary, my bigest worries are with Juan Encanacion and Jason Isringhausen's complete lack of control. Other than that the Cards should stay in the dogfight with the Reds/Astros.

Astrobuddy
05-02-2006, 08:47 PM
.203 to start a season when you are 27 games in isnt "streaky". I know this is what Cards fans hope, but I dont. I think Edmonds is in decline and with the abuse his body has had to take over the course of his career his decline may come faster than most think. Or may it be because of another reason?

Rolen.. Well, after the shoulder injury I dont think he will ever the substantial power threat he once was again.

Outside of Pujols, the Cards have no power threat. Pujols can be walked or pitched around. I know the Cards made em pay in one game this past weekend, but on a regular basis I expect Pujols to maybe break the single season walk record. There just isnt anyone of great danger in front or behind him.

This is just my opinion and sure some of it is what I HOPE is true, but the facts are there for anyone without Cards colored glasses to see.

If the Reds pitching holds up, I could see them finish above the Cards in the standings. I really think hard times are coming for the Cards.

Big Klu
05-02-2006, 08:53 PM
Some folks seem to forget that the Reds have been without JR (again) for over 2 weeks. Sure, JR isn't a Pujols anymore, but Aurilia hitting 3rd leaves a pretty big hole.

You're just asking for the figure-four leglock, aren't you? :D

WOOOOOOOO!!!!

toledodan
05-02-2006, 09:04 PM
heres to the cards and astros beating the hell out of each other.:beerme:

Astrobuddy
05-02-2006, 09:09 PM
I think Griffey coming back might hurt the Reds chemistry. Freel has to stay in the lineup.

MattyHo4Life
05-02-2006, 10:38 PM
Rolen.. Well, after the shoulder injury I dont think he will ever the substantial power threat he once was again.

Is that your professional opinion Dr Astrobuddy? :laugh:

The Cardinals pitching is horrible? Their offense is horrible? How have they won 17 games then?

Astrobuddy
05-02-2006, 10:52 PM
Where did I say the pitching was horrible? The pitching may be the only thing saving the season thus far.

Where did I say the offense was horrible? But they aint good, even with Pujols.

Matty, I stated it was just my opinion. Edmonds is getting old and we are 27 games into the season, his slump is more than just a bad "streak". Rolen is still out.

I have asked you this before... who do the Cards have that is a substantial power threat with Pujols out of the lineup?

How 17 games? Good pitching and 16 games against the Phillies Pirates, Nationals and post Derrek Lee Cubs. Thats how.

TeamBoone
05-02-2006, 11:30 PM
I think Griffey coming back might hurt the Reds chemistry. Freel has to stay in the lineup.

Griffey's been on the bench and/or in the clubhouse during every home game. It's not like he has no interaction with the team just because he's on the DL.

Astrobuddy
05-02-2006, 11:33 PM
Well, thats not what I meant by chemistry. When Griffey comes back who sits? Freel? Does Dunn go to 1st?

Get my point?

kheidg-
05-02-2006, 11:41 PM
Freel will simply go back to his utility role. Likely filling in for Griffey every now and then, playing some of the other OF spots and some fill in for Phillips every now and then.

Reds1
05-03-2006, 12:10 AM
...For their teams victory in todays game. I just thought I would get this out of the way.

So Congratulation to MattyMo and the rest of Cards fans on this board posting or lurking.
To thir teams crushing defeat of Dave Williams and the Reds today.:evil:

Isn't it great to be wrong sometimes? ;)