PDA

View Full Version : derrick turnbow lookalikes

boobhat
05-02-2006, 11:49 AM
derrick turnbow always makes me laugh when i see him. he is a hipster doofus

vaticanplum
05-02-2006, 11:55 AM
I was noticing how many hipster doofuses Milwaukee has when I went to the game on Saturday. I have no complaints. In fact life goal #362 is now to get JJ Hardy back to Chicago for some beers the second the season ends.

The average age of the brewers seems to be about 12.

westofyou
05-02-2006, 12:19 PM
derrick turnbow always makes me laugh when i see him. he is a hipster doofus

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=5022

One last question: if people care so much about steroid use, why is Derrick Turnbow such a hero in Milwaukee? Like Bonds, Turnbow has never failed an MLB drug test, but unlike Bonds, he was suspended from a competition (2004 Olympic qualifying) for testing positive for a prohormone banned by by the World Anti-Doping Agency, one that was not illegal in the U.S. at the time.

The situations aren’t entirely parallel, but I again argue that if we, as a society and as baseball fans, think steroid use is so evil as to make Barry Bonds a pariah, then where is the opprobrium for the players who have tested positive? Why can Turnbow be a hero when he has a positive test in his background?

KronoRed
05-02-2006, 03:05 PM
The average age of the brewers seems to be about 12.
The brewers have found that the nerdy players will give back their paychecks when they send the team bully around :devil:

Sea Ray
05-02-2006, 05:02 PM
I can't help but think of the Newhart Show and Larry, Darryl and Darryl when I see Derrick Turnbow.

cincinnati chili
05-05-2006, 04:05 PM
I see Joe Sheehan's point, but Turnbow tested positive for an over-the-counter supplement similar to Andro. It's still legal in the U.S. and was not illegal in Major or minor league baseball at the time.

Not a big deal, IMO.

Blimpie
05-07-2006, 11:30 AM
He appears to be frighteningly "chin-less" in every picture I see of him....

butlerbulldogs
05-07-2006, 02:05 PM
looks like napoleon dynamite, "i'm am like the best closer, duh"

Topcat
05-09-2006, 02:05 AM
He appears to be frighteningly "chin-less" in every picture I see of him....

Do you mean like Frank Burns from mash? Aka Ferret Face.:D

Blimpie
05-09-2006, 08:53 AM
Do you mean like Frank Burns from mash? Aka Ferret Face.:DBingo.

Heath
05-09-2006, 12:10 PM
I think Derrick Turnbow had 43 saves for the Chico's Bail Bonds team.