PDA

View Full Version : Tony LaRussa's Questionable Calls Today

TOBTTReds
05-02-2006, 04:12 PM
He made some questionable decisions today.

Why in the world did Pujols NOT pinch hit in the 9th with 2 men on?

Why are they pitching to JV with 2nd and 3rd and 1 out in the btm of the 9th?

Just after I write this, JV goes walk-off with a single.

flyer85
05-02-2006, 04:17 PM
He made some questionable decisions today.

Why in the world did Pujols NOT pinch hit in the 9th with 2 men on?according to the Card announcers he was not available.

TOBTTReds
05-02-2006, 04:26 PM
1 out of 2

Heath
05-02-2006, 04:28 PM
according to the Card announcers he was not available.

Where was he? did he ask for Vacation days?

KronoRed
05-02-2006, 04:28 PM
He went 0-3 vs the Reds yesterday, that's auto sit down and think about what you did.

flyer85
05-02-2006, 04:29 PM
Where was he? did he ask for Vacation days?out with back spasms. I'm guessing Poo-Holes and Edmunds stayed out too late partying with George last night.

Strikes Out Looking
05-02-2006, 04:31 PM
back spasms? Career ending, I hope?

KronoRed
05-02-2006, 04:31 PM
back spasms? Career ending, I hope?
Only in OOTP ;)

Heath
05-02-2006, 04:32 PM
out with back spasms. I'm guessing Poo-Holes and Edmunds stayed out too late partying with George last night.

In Cincinnati? On a Monday?

:D

(edited - I lost track of what day it is....:bang:)

Sea Ray
05-02-2006, 04:32 PM
I'll give LaRussa his due. He has won a lot of games but I do think he's overrated as a manager. I don't think he makes good decisions and I think with the talent he's managed he should have more than one ring by now. Thank God he doesn't have a balanced bullpen right now with only one LH in there. Otherwise these games would be much longer. He'd be switching pitchers batter by batter. I look for that to change soon. I'm sure Jocketty is looking for more LHs for the 'pen.

I wonder what ailed Pujols today? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

flyer85
05-02-2006, 04:33 PM
In Cincinnati? On a Sunday?

:D??

flyer85
05-02-2006, 04:34 PM
I'll give LaRussa his due. He has won a lot of games but I do think he's overrated as a manager. Marty would agree. In one of his more amusing nicknames Marty used to refer to LaRussa as "Mr Baseball".

Heath
05-02-2006, 04:48 PM
??

fixed - see above.

flyer85
05-02-2006, 04:52 PM
fixed - see above.losing track of what day it is, that is not a good sign. The problem usually involves too much age or too much alcohol.

LincolnparkRed
05-02-2006, 05:15 PM
I'm sure Jocketty is looking for more LHs for the 'pen.

Dave Williams as middle reliever should be offered.

Heath
05-02-2006, 05:16 PM
losing track of what day it is, that is not a good sign. The problem usually involves too much age or too much alcohol.

Three kids and busy job, while trying to work and particpate in a game thread.

First mistake in years.

flyer85
05-02-2006, 05:16 PM
Dave Williams as middle reliever should be offered.as closer would be even better.

redsmetz
05-02-2006, 05:20 PM
I'll give LaRussa his due. He has won a lot of games but I do think he's overrated as a manager. I don't think he makes good decisions and I think with the talent he's managed he should have more than one ring by now. Thank God he doesn't have a balanced bullpen right now with only one LH in there. Otherwise these games would be much longer. He'd be switching pitchers batter by batter. I look for that to change soon. I'm sure Jocketty is looking for more LHs for the 'pen.

I wonder what ailed Pujols today? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I called my wife's folks in Missouri just a bit ago and my mother-in-law answered. I asked her "Is Ted [my father-in-law] cursing Tony LaRussa?". She just laughed and said, "He's done that a lot". Alas, he was out making sales calls and probably cursed him in the car.

I then tried calling her brother to tweak his nose too. Alas, he was out making a sales call too. What in industrious bunch!

I know Freel would have been tough to double up, but you also have the chance of forcing the runner at home and then having two outs there.

MattyHo4Life
05-02-2006, 06:06 PM
Where was he? did he ask for Vacation days?

Pujols was sitting on the bench. I have no idea why he didn't pinch hit in the ninth. The Cards announcers said that LaRussa wanted someone else like John Gall to be the hero today. I guess that plan didn't work out.

Sea Ray
05-02-2006, 06:10 PM
Pujols was sitting on the bench. I have no idea why he didn't pinch hit in the ninth. The Cards announcers said that LaRussa wanted someone else like John Gall to be the hero today. I guess that plan didn't work out.

I know you're in St Louis. Are you saying Pujols did not have back spasms today?

MattyHo4Life
05-02-2006, 06:13 PM
I know you're in St Louis. Are you saying Pujols did not have back spasms today?

As far as I know he did. I can understand why he didn't start today, but I am surprised that he didn't pinch hit. They showed him on the bench stretching. He was probably in pain, but Pujols is one guy that plays through pain a lot such as his foot injury. His back spasms must have been really bad for him to not play.

Sea Ray
05-02-2006, 06:18 PM
There's a lot of hitters I'd rather face before seeing Pujols with or without back spasms. I agree, Matty.

Cedric
05-02-2006, 06:23 PM
The back starts to flare up once you hit 30. Pujols better get used to it. :)

NastyBoy
05-02-2006, 07:20 PM
I hope Pujols back flairs up everytime he faces the Reds this seaon. It was probably all those Bronson Arroyo curveballs yesterday.