PDA

View Full Version : Who would you want from the Pirates??

WVPacman
05-03-2006, 12:24 AM
It looks like the Bucs are out of the race to stay and they will be trading some players away when the trading deadline comes.What player in your mind do you think we could get in a trade to help us stay in the race.Craig Wilson is a name that stands out to me!! he would be a GREAT utility player for us to come off the bench.His defense is horrible but his bat would come up huge for us.We would'nt have to give up much either that is if they are willing to trade him.

What player or players would you like to see come over from the Bucs that would help our team that much more and make our team that much better??

Caveat Emperor
05-03-2006, 12:41 AM
It looks like the Bucs are out of the race to stay and they will be trading some players away when the trading deadline comes.What player in your mind do you think we could get in a trade to help us stay in the race.Craig Wilson is a name that stands out to me!! he would be a GREAT utility player for us to come off the bench.His defense is horrible but his bat would come up huge for us.We would'nt have to give up much either that is if they are willing to trade him.

What player or players would you like to see come over from the Bucs that would help our team that much more and make our team that much better??

This team is maxxed out on run producers and short on disposable talent. Getting someone like Craig Wilson would add nothing to the overall team picture, as he doesn't improve any of the everyday positions offensively or defensively. Besides, the Reds have a cheap and capable outfielder in Chris Denorfia who's done nothing but produce at every level of the minors over the last few years and adds better defensive ability than a Craig Wilson.

Pitching is the name of the game and not even the Pirates are looking to move that, at this point.

dougdirt
05-03-2006, 12:45 AM
No one they would be willing to give up.

WVPacman
05-03-2006, 12:49 AM
This team is maxxed out on run producers and short on disposable talent. Getting someone like Craig Wilson would add nothing to the overall team picture, as he doesn't improve any of the everyday positions offensively or defensively. Besides, the Reds have a cheap and capable outfielder in Chris Denorfia who's done nothing but produce at every level of the minors over the last few years and adds better defensive ability than a Craig Wilson.

Pitching is the name of the game and not even the Pirates are looking to move that, at this point.

I see what you are saying and I agree with you on it,but I still would like to see Wilson is a Reds uni.He could play at first like he is now with the Pirates!! Last time I checked I think he had about 5 homers and was on fire taking Caseys spot.I know his defense is horrible like aka Willy Mo but he would give us another bat they we could turn to in the late innings if the game was close.JMO

Reds1
05-03-2006, 12:59 AM
Duke! - I don't think they would trade him, but they have a nice crop of young pitchers. We'd have to give someone up though. I hope we are currently on the phones trying to get a pitcher. Even a pen guy. I think Coffey should swap in the closer roll now, but they might just let this play out.

WVPacman
05-03-2006, 01:06 AM
Duke! - I don't think they would trade him, but they have a nice crop of young pitchers. We'd have to give someone up though. I hope we are currently on the phones trying to get a pitcher. Even a pen guy. I think Coffey should swap in the closer roll now, but they might just let this play out.

Littlefield is not very smart I say we could get one of their young pitchers for nearly nothing.Anyword on the teams the Reds are currently talking to about trading for a pitcher??

M2
05-03-2006, 01:32 AM
Off their major league roster, there's very little I'd want from the Pirates that could help in 2006. Mike Gonzalez would be nice, but he's probably not available. Damaso Marte might be the only guy worth consideration.

The guy I'd really like to snag though is Tom Gorzelanny down in AAA. Can he help this year? Probably not, but he should be ready to pitch in the majors next year and the Reds need to be taking a long view on the pitching front.

WVPacman
05-03-2006, 01:37 AM
Mike Gonzalez,was the other guy that I was trying to think of!! I think he has a very bright future but like M2 said he probably is'nt for sale.With the awsome trades that Krisky has come up with im sure he could figure a way to get him over here in Cincy.

Sabo Fan
05-03-2006, 02:30 AM
Simply for the sake of conversation, I wonder how down they are on Oliver Perez? Rough start to the season and he didn't have a great 2005 by any means. I wonder if they'd be willing to deal him to add some more young talent at some point during the season. Not that the Reds would have said talent, but I'm just wondering what the organization's opinion of Perez is currently.

cincinnati chili
05-03-2006, 02:51 AM
Why not wait for the Rule V draft and get the next Chris Shelton for $50K :)

cincinnati chili
05-03-2006, 03:07 AM
But seriously, if you're going to gnab a guy from David Littlefield, look for somebody with warts. Short pitchers. Bad fielders, esp. on the infield. Non-athletic bodies.

However, in the post-Shelton era he might be a little more careful.

Jon Albaladejo has an outside shot of being a decent major league starter. And he's been hitting the cheeseburgers. If Krivsky can get him for scrap, he's worth a shot.

http://www.altoonacurve.com/team/roster/?id=293&cat_id=30

OnBaseMachine
05-03-2006, 07:29 AM
Oliver Perez.

The Pirates need a CF, Reds need pitching. Offer Chris Denorfia, Ryan Wagner, and Tyler Pelland and see if they bite. Doubt it, but ya never know with Dave Littlefield. This is the same guy that traded Aramis Ramirez and Kenny Lofton for Bobby Hill and some pitching prospect who he later released.

Ryan Doumit would also be a nice pickup.

puca
05-03-2006, 08:42 AM
There is a reason Oliver Perez has been struggling. He has lost 5-10 mph off his fastball since 2004 and can no longer find the plate. He might be able to be had cheaply, but unfortunately he has very little to offer right now. I sense a surgery in his near future.

RedFanAlways1966
05-03-2006, 09:08 AM
Are Jimmy Anderson or Dave Williams still available!??!!? ;)

M2
05-03-2006, 09:56 AM
But seriously, if you're going to gnab a guy from David Littlefield, look for somebody with warts. Short pitchers. Bad fielders, esp. on the infield. Non-athletic bodies.

Or a seven-digit contract. That's why I'm thinking Marte will be on the market this summer.

traderumor
05-03-2006, 10:51 AM
There is a reason Oliver Perez has been struggling. He has lost 5-10 mph off his fastball since 2004 and can no longer find the plate. He might be able to be had cheaply, but unfortunately he has very little to offer right now. I sense a surgery in his near future.That was exactly what I noticed when the Reds bombed him. To get Perez right now might just be another Dempster-type trade.

Caseyfan21
05-03-2006, 12:13 PM
There is a reason Oliver Perez has been struggling. He has lost 5-10 mph off his fastball since 2004 and can no longer find the plate. He might be able to be had cheaply, but unfortunately he has very little to offer right now. I sense a surgery in his near future.

He'd be a perfect fit for the Reds then. Our training and surgical staff do have lots of experience dealing with pitchers. :)

WVPacman
05-04-2006, 12:14 AM
If you guys remember Oliver Perez was unhitable in 04 but for some reason the pitchers coach wanted to change the way he threw the ball.Ever since then he has been terrible b/c the coachs missed his machinics up.I seriously think if they was a way we could get him I think our coachs would get him back to his normal self.We could'nt beat the guy before the coachs messed him up!!!! They made him start throwing the ball differant to the plate and thats why he got hurt.

Our coachs could fix him IF we could get him!!!

TC81190
05-04-2006, 05:29 PM
If you guys remember Oliver Perez was unhitable in 04 but for some reason the pitchers coach wanted to change the way he threw the ball.Ever since then he has been terrible b/c the coachs missed his machinics up.I seriously think if they was a way we could get him I think our coachs would get him back to his normal self.We could'nt beat the guy before the coachs messed him up!!!! They made him start throwing the ball differant to the plate and thats why he got hurt.

Our coachs could fix him IF we could get him!!!

Seriously though, I'd let Browning look at him, he fixed Milton 'til the injury flared up.

WebScorpion
05-05-2006, 11:14 AM
Maybe they'd send us that 1st baseman who's spent most of the season on the DL for a nice lefty pitcher for their rotation...say, Williams?? :laugh:

Spitball
05-05-2006, 04:22 PM
That was exactly what I noticed when the Reds bombed him. To get Perez right now might just be another Dempster-type trade.

Dempster pitched alot of innings at a fairly young age. Perez perhaps is in that same boat, but I'd certainly make a reasonable trade for him...especially for an outfielder.

I'd bet the Pirates would be more than eager to listen to offers while he is really down, and so now would be the time to buy. His problems are certainly part mechanical, part mental, and maybe part physical, but if you're going to pick a pocket, you've got to time it just right. If I interpret the frustrated comments about Perez by their manager correctly, the Pirates might take Denorfia for Perez right now. Tracy sounds like he doesn't know what to do with the guy he was once looking to be his number one. Maybe they'd take Denorfia AND last year's biggest Pirate winner, Dave Williams.:dancingco