PDA

View Full Version : Aurillia's injury

BEETTLEBUG
05-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Has anyone heard how his Groin pull is?

flyer85
05-04-2006, 11:13 AM
Has anyone heard how his Groin pull is?probably stings. It usually doesn't feel good when your groin is pulled.:help:

BEETTLEBUG
05-04-2006, 11:23 AM
Wrong wording I meant think he will be day to day or DL with Dunn moving to firstbase?

redsmetz
05-04-2006, 11:27 AM
Wrong wording I meant think he will be day to day or DL with Dunn moving to firstbase?

I wouldn't be surprised if they look at putting him on the DL when Junior comes up. I think though that you'll see Hatteberg filling in, although they could put Dunn over there on some days while Rich is out.

flyer85
05-04-2006, 12:11 PM
Junior comes up.I think it is likely Rich will be back long before we see Jr.

reds44
05-04-2006, 12:29 PM
I think it is likely Rich will be back long before we see Jr.
It would be nice to know what Griffey's injury actually is. Sorry 'tightness' doesn't keep a guy out for 3 weeks.

UGADaddy
05-04-2006, 12:40 PM
Maybe just me being gullable, but I'm believing that he'll be back Friday night in Arizona. As for the 1B situation, I think Dunn and Hatteberg will both see time. Narron's gotta keep getting everyone regular playing time, which is being made slightly easier with people getting hurt at convenient times.

dougdirt
05-04-2006, 12:43 PM
I think if Aurilia goes to the DL it is the perfect time to try and get Dunn at first and Griffey to LF. Heck even just Dunn to first would help the defense, both of course though would do a ton to help the defense. Hopefully Narron and Krivsky have discussed the situation and are thinking about it.

TOBTTReds
05-04-2006, 01:06 PM
Tonights lineup if I were manager:

Freel - CF
Lopez
Dunn - 1B
Kearns
Encarnacion
Phillips
Denorfia - LF
Catcher

PickOff
05-04-2006, 01:09 PM
They will use Valentin at 1b before Dunn...unfortunately.

reds44
05-04-2006, 01:09 PM
Tonights lineup if I were manager:

Freel - CF
Lopez
Dunn - 1B
Kearns
Encarnacion
Phillips
Denorfia - LF
Catcher
Flip Kearns and EE and I agree.

TeamBoone
05-04-2006, 01:46 PM
05-04-2006

AURILIA HURT - An attempt at a hustle play might cost the Reds the services of Rich Aurilia for a while.

The infielder strained his groin while trying to beat out a grounder in the top of the sixth inning Wednesday and had to leave the game. Scott Hatteberg replaced Aurilia at first base for the balance of the game, but the question now is how long the veteran will be out.

The medical staff will re-evaluate Aurilia before tonight's game, but a trip to the DL is well within the realm of possibility. Strained groins have a tendency to linger, and Aurilia acknowledged that he probably would miss at least "a few" games.

The injury occurred when Aurilia hit a hard grounder to third with one out in the sixth. The Reds had just fallen behind 3-0, and once Rockies third baseman Garrett Atkins bobbled the ball, Aurilia tried to accelerate.

"It was about three-quarters of the way down the line," said Aurilia. "I saw that he booted it and tried to pick it up a little bit and just felt it grab a little. I'm smarter than that. Old guys aren't supposed to do that stuff."

Aurilia and Hatteberg had spent the last couple of weeks in a lefty-righty platoon at first. If Aurilia is out for any length of time, Javier Valentin probably would be the alternate to Hatteberg at first, though Adam Dunn also could play there if needed. With Denorfia on hand, Freel could assume Aurilia's duties backing up at second and third.

Putting Aurilia on the DL also would open up a roster spot for Griffey if he is in fact ready to go by the weekend.
http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060504/SPT05/605040321/1027

Chip R
05-04-2006, 01:50 PM
I'm guessing Naitch will not go on the DL yet. If Jr. is ready to play Friday, I would guess he'll go on the DL. But if Jr. isn't ready by Friday, I could see them making another move like calling up Olmedo or Bergolla.

Dunner44
05-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Well Richie, if you had been hustling the whole way, you would never have had to change speed and injured you scrappy veteranness.

Roy Tucker
05-04-2006, 01:58 PM
"It was about three-quarters of the way down the line," said Aurilia. "I saw that he booted it and tried to pick it up a little bit and just felt it grab a little. I'm smarter than that. Old guys aren't supposed to do that stuff."

Amen to that. Played in a company softball game about 10 yrs. back and tried to beat out a grounder. Pulled my hammy. It felt like someone whacked me on the back of my thigh with a yardstick. These days I do the Junior glide down to 1st.

Ryan the Reds Fan
05-04-2006, 02:06 PM
Well Richie, if you had been hustling the whole way, you would never have had to change speed and injured you scrappy veteranness.

My thoughts exactly.

KySteveH
05-04-2006, 02:28 PM
I really don't want to see Javier batting against lefties at all. If RA is out for a while, I'd just as soon see Hatteberg in there every day. That's assuming that our best lineup, with Dunn at 1st isn't going to happen.

KronoRed
05-04-2006, 03:14 PM
They will use Valentin at 1b before Dunn...unfortunately.
And that's totally goofy, Dunn has filled in at 1st a bunch since he's been in Cincy till this year where they seem to refuse to put him anywhere near it even for an inning or two.

GAC
05-04-2006, 08:41 PM
He injured the groin last year early on and was out for about 4 weeks.

savafan
05-05-2006, 02:13 AM
Who is in charge of strength and conditioning for the Reds, Mark Mann?

GAC
05-05-2006, 08:44 AM
Who is in charge of strength and conditioning for the Reds, Mark Mann?

Actually, these type of injuries are quite common with athletes in the best of shape. Doesn't take much to "tweek" a groin (add punch line here).