PDA

View Full Version : Aurilia to DL, Olmedo recalled

Danny Serafini
05-04-2006, 04:03 PM
per Reds press notes

reds44
05-04-2006, 04:07 PM
Well thats not good, and it shows Junior isn't close to being ready.

Tommyjohn25
05-04-2006, 04:08 PM
Well thats not good, and it shows Junior isn't close to being ready.

My thoughts exactly.

westofyou
05-04-2006, 04:11 PM
So RA's key position on the team is BU SS.

Guess Phillips won't ever slide there unless a move dictates it during the game.. BTW that's why no Jr.

anyway Jr in the rarified air, cold and expansive OF... pass.

redsfan30
05-04-2006, 04:12 PM
This has nothing to do with Junior. When Junior is ready, Chris Denorfia will be the one getting the pink slip.

Chip R
05-04-2006, 04:16 PM
In theory, they could just have Olmedo up for this game and send him down and activate him after tonight's game like they did with Germano (?) a week or so ago.

reds44
05-04-2006, 04:18 PM
In theory, they could just have Olmedo up for this game and send him down and activate him after tonight's game like they did with Germano (?) a week or so ago.
Do we really need another position player that badly for tonights game? Pitchers and hitters are a totally different story.

KronoRed
05-04-2006, 04:23 PM
This has nothing to do with Junior. When Junior is ready, Chris Denorfia will be the one getting the pink slip.
Should be McCrarken.

Good to see Olmedo up.

reds44
05-04-2006, 04:24 PM
I hope you are right..........

edabbs44
05-04-2006, 04:25 PM
I guess we couldn't go below 4 MIs at any time. It took a while to get below 5, so I guess we are making progress.

Chip R
05-04-2006, 04:26 PM
Do we really need another position player that badly for tonights game? Pitchers and hitters are a totally different story.

I understand that. I just was theoretically speaking. If they were really going to do that, they wouldn't have flown Olmedo out to Denver for the game and flew him back to wherever afterwards. They would have played with 24 guys tonight.

CTA513
05-04-2006, 04:30 PM
I dont like to see people go on the DL, but atleast they didnt wait a 1 or 2 weeks to do it. Now they have someone up who can play instead of being short 1 man.

redsmetz
05-04-2006, 04:34 PM

I agree. I still think Jr. will be activated in Arizona where the weather is just a tad better than Colorado's chill.

flyer85
05-04-2006, 04:39 PM
Well thats not good, and it shows Junior isn't close to being ready.and you thought he was?:ughmamoru

flyer85
05-04-2006, 04:40 PM
Do we really need another position player that badly for tonights game? .Team has no backup at SS,2B and 3B with RA out.

KronoRed
05-04-2006, 04:43 PM
I'm sure they flew him out coach, not that much cash.

edabbs44
05-04-2006, 04:47 PM
Team has no backup at SS,2B and 3B with RA out.

I'm sure BP and Freel can sub there in a pinch. Then make the move for Olmedo the next day if necessary.

flyer85
05-04-2006, 04:50 PM
I'm sure BP and Freel can sub there in a pinch.Freel could play 2b and 3B but the team sure seems reluctant to play him at either. If RA goes to the DL they need a backup infielder in the mean time especially with Freel playing CF on an everyday basis.

I for one see no reason to believe that Jr will be back anytime soon.

TOBTTReds
05-04-2006, 04:58 PM
Germano (?)

Mike Gosling. Promptly gave up a 937 foot blast to Reggie Abercrombie and Fitch

Chip R
05-04-2006, 05:08 PM
Mike Gosling. Promptly gave up a 937 foot blast to Reggie Abercrombie and Fitch

I knew it began with a G.

BRM
05-04-2006, 05:39 PM
Hatteberg will be the primary 1B now, according to Marc.

Dunn's not going to be playing a whole lot -- if at all -- at first. They'll go with Hatteberg for the most part.

KronoRed
05-04-2006, 05:44 PM
Hatteberg will be the primary 1B now, according to Marc.
Yeah getting Deno in the lineup is just too much to ask ;)

BRM
05-04-2006, 05:47 PM
Yeah getting Deno in the lineup is just too much to ask ;)

It would be nice to see Dunn at 1B with Deno in the OF tonight. Oh well.

Chip R
05-04-2006, 05:51 PM
It'd be a perfect time to get Dunn some time at 1B. If it won't happen now, it isn't going to for a while and that means forget about moving Jr. to LF too.

BRM
05-04-2006, 05:57 PM
It'd be a perfect time to get Dunn some time at 1B. If it won't happen now, it isn't going to for a while and that means forget about moving Jr. to LF too.

Which is another way of saying "we're aren't going to fix the OF defense".

Team Clark
05-04-2006, 06:23 PM
Dunn has already told the reds he has no interest in playing 1B. Looks like it is Valentin and Hatteberg. Freel much like Chris Stynes can only play so much before the injuries creep in. They need to get him two days off pretty soon. Denorfia is fresh and ready to roll... get him in there.

Unassisted
05-04-2006, 06:38 PM
Could this be a showcase for Olmedo, in anticipation of moving him? The infield is awfully crowded ahead of him these days.

reds44
05-04-2006, 06:41 PM
Could this be a showcase for Olmedo, in anticipation of moving him? The infield is awfully crowded ahead of him these days.
No I don't think so. You won't get alot for him. He is up here because with Freel playing everyday in CF there is a shortage of middle infielders.

OMG did I just say that?

edabbs44
05-04-2006, 06:43 PM

I wonder if they won't move Dunn to 1B because they are saving it for Griffey when, if ever, he gets back...no point in having Dunn get work there if he won't need it.

Conspiracy theories abound!

KronoRed
05-04-2006, 06:53 PM
Dunn has already told the reds he has no interest in playing 1B.
If he's refusing to even play there while guys are hurt then the Reds have a problem, he didn't have a problem doing that the last few years.

Crash Davis
05-04-2006, 06:59 PM
Dunn has already told the reds he has no interest in playing 1B.

Fortunately Dunn doesn't make out the lineup card anymore than Soriano does.

I remember hearing for years that Barry Larkin would refuse to hit leadoff. When his name was written first on the lineup card, that's where he hit.

Same goes for Dunn at 1B & Griffey in LF. Sure, it's more complex than that...and sitting them down for a long talk is always a good move. But the lineup card always has the final word.

You do what's best for the team and the organization, not what one player thinks is best for him.

Big Klu
05-04-2006, 07:25 PM

Should be McCrarken.

Good to see Olmedo up.

Should be Hammond.

Big Klu
05-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Did I read the Reds' webpage right? Olmedo is now #62? That's too bad--he had a regular baseball-type number in #4 (before Phillips came along). At least they could assign him #9 or #15.

On the good side, it looks like the remaining Horsemen (Dunn, Kearns, and Freel) will get some help from Ray Mysterio while the Nature Boy is on the mend! :D

(Of course, they will turn on him and bash him over the head with metal folding chairs as soon as RA is back! WOOOOOOO!!!!!) :D

Team Clark
05-04-2006, 07:46 PM
If they assigned Olmedo #62 then I hope that is a joke. Rey may not be the second coming but the guy has enough service time to at least warrant a more suitable jersey #. I remember seeing Olmedo in camp a few years ago wearing #13 and doing justice to it. Not saying he should get #13 now but he's certainly deserving of something better than #62.

TC81190
05-04-2006, 08:00 PM
If they assigned Olmedo #62 then I hope that is a joke. Rey may not be the second coming but the guy has enough service time to at least warrant a more suitable jersey #. I remember seeing Olmedo in camp a few years ago wearing #13 and doing justice to it. Not saying he should get #13 now but he's certainly deserving of something better than #62.

I thought it was funny that the Lizard got Hudson's number.

But seriously, he should get like, 7. Or 9. Cruz, Castro, and Romano have had those numbers recently; if they can, so can Olmedo.

MrCinatit
05-04-2006, 08:09 PM
Maybe he wanted 62 for some reason?

lollipopcurve
05-04-2006, 08:17 PM
I like Rey-Rey. I hope he gets some starts.

rdiersin
05-04-2006, 08:19 PM
Maybe he wanted 62 for some reason?

He probably wanted the one in front, but the Reds said this would be a short stint.:)

PuffyPig
05-04-2006, 08:25 PM
I like Rey-Rey. I hope he gets some starts.

If he starts, it's because Phillips or Lopez is injured. Even then, if you need to rest one of them, Freel should move to second and Denorfia should start.

Rey Rey should never start.

Big Klu
05-04-2006, 08:50 PM
I thought it was funny that the Lizard got Hudson's number.

But seriously, he should get like, 7. Or 9. Cruz, Castro, and Romano have had those numbers recently; if they can, so can Olmedo.

Actually, Dave Ross got Luke Hudson's #54 in Spring Training, then Andy Abad took it when Ross switched to #26 on Opening Day. Elizardo Ramirez then took it when he came up. Chris Hammond had taken the Lizard's #45, as he had worn it in his first stint with the Reds in 1990-92. Ramirez then reversed it to #54 when he joined the club, and Abad is now out in the cold.

#7 is currently assigned to Bucky Dent.

Low numbers that are currently unassigned (and available) are #0, #9, #15, and #46. (Although #46 is unusual for a middle infielder, and #0 is unusual for everyone!)

#11, #13, and #14 are also unassigned, but unavailable for obvious reasons.

TC81190
05-04-2006, 08:53 PM
Actually, Dave Ross got Luke Hudson's #54 in Spring Training, then Andy Abad took it when Ross switched to #26 on Opening Day. Elizardo Ramirez then took it when he came up. Chris Hammond had taken the Lizard's #45, as he had worn it in his first stint with the Reds in 1990-92. Ramirez then reversed it to #54 when he joined the club, and Abad is now out in the cold.

#7 is currently assigned to Bucky Dent.

Low numbers that are currently unassigned (and available) are #0, #9, and #15. (#11, #13, and #14 are also unassigned, but unavailable for obvious reasons.

Yep Ross currently holds WMP's old unidigit.

Big Klu
05-04-2006, 09:01 PM
#0 wouldn't be a bad choice for Ray-Ray. After all, it's his initial! :D

Dunner44
05-04-2006, 10:04 PM
Someone want to explain the horsemen joke? We're talking like ND four horsemen?

...never mind, i found out on the gameday thread... wrestling = lame. Sorry guys.

alexad
05-05-2006, 08:15 AM
Since the team is on the road, they may not have had a slew of uniforms to choose from. If you are not anticipating someone being brought up, the team may not have been carrying all the numbers with them.

Did he have his last name on the uniform. Sometimes players just called up only get a uniform. If he is still on the roster tonight, he might have a different number for the game, because they had time to get one from Cincinnati flown into Arizona.

lollipopcurve
05-05-2006, 09:16 AM
If he starts, it's because Phillips or Lopez is injured. Even then, if you need to rest one of them, Freel should move to second and Denorfia should start.

Rey Rey should never start.

OK boss.

Chip R
05-05-2006, 11:59 AM
On the good side, it looks like the remaining Horsemen (Dunn, Kearns, and Freel) will get some help from Ray Mysterio while the Nature Boy is on the mend! :D

(Of course, they will turn on him and bash him over the head with metal folding chairs as soon as RA is back! WOOOOOOO!!!!!) :D

You forgot about the Enforcer, Double E. ;)