PDA

View Full Version : 10 Reasons why the Reds were losing....

Team Clark
05-04-2006, 06:16 PM
10 Reasons why the Reds were losing in previous years...

10. Bob Boone meant well.... He just could re-invent the game.

9. Bronson Arroyo and Brandon Phillips played for other teams.

8. Carl Linder gave the players too much Milk and Bananas before each game. (Too tired to play with full bellies).

7. Adam Dunn thought "hitting the other way" was silly and offensive.

6. Carl Linder secretly had Wayne Krivsky duct taped to a desk in Minnesota so that his prodigal son, Dan O'Brien, could work his magic.

5. The scouting and player development departments were instructed to sign and develop players (including unsignable draft picks) who "would not cost us much" in the long run.

4. Brandon Larson, Wily Mo Pena and several of their "5 tool" cousins could not take the pressure of playing in a "small market" city.

3. As a deterrent, the Reds had their players take anti-steroid pills, thus reducing their abilites by 30 to 50%.

2. Dave Miley was so huggable.

1. Dan O'Brien was one heck of a GM and evaluator. For me to poop on!

Hap
05-04-2006, 06:46 PM
1A. Because the farm system has only developed two starting pitchers (Browning, Tomko) in the last 22 years (one every eleven years).

Team Clark
05-04-2006, 07:07 PM
1A. Because the farm system has only developed two starting pitchers (Browning, Tomko) in the last 22 years (one every eleven years).

I almost mentioned that. Except that your reason is true and mine are mostly made up or half true.

Hap
05-04-2006, 07:11 PM
Your reason is true and mine are mostly made up or half true.

whoops...i guess i missed the point.....

RedsManRick
05-04-2006, 07:12 PM
7. Adam Dunn thought "hitting the other way" was silly and offensive.

Hi. Adam? Ted Williams here. I'd like my M.O. back. K? Thanks.

Team Clark
05-04-2006, 07:54 PM
Hi. Adam? Ted Williams here. I'd like my M.O. back. K? Thanks.

That's funny. Good stuff. I was just talking to a guy the other day that thought Tony Gwynn was the best hitter "ever". Certainly Tony was a GREAT hitter but he was not Ted Williams. Ted hit .400 and only used half of the ball field. Most of the guys who try that today hit .230-.250 if they are lucky with exceptions to Ortiz, Giambi, Dunn, Griff and Thome. At least these guys hit balls out of the ballpark to left center from time to time.

GAC
05-04-2006, 09:39 PM
Because Marge did one heck of a job dismantling and destroying what she felt was over-rated and unnecessary - the farm system and scouting. And when they finally woke up and saw it's importance, those in charge had no idea how to rebuild it.

The blind leading the blind.

FoReel
05-04-2006, 11:42 PM

Then i think we due in about two years because Tomkos debut was in 1997 so hopefully Homer Bailey can get the torch.